Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2015 12:10:19 PM EDT
I'm not very familiar with all the different variants, so I'm looking for help with identifying the age/provenance of a Luger that has recently come into my possession.

Unfortunately, I'm at work, so no pics at the moment.  All the info I have right now is that is has the DWM marking and a SER#4281.  What else should I be looking for, and where on the pistol should I look?  

I realize I haven't provided much as yet, but more info will be forthcoming.  I'm just looking for any information/advice I can get.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:03:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:45:03 PM EDT
[#2]
What you need are pics of the proof marks, receiver date stamp and general pics of the gun with detail good lighting shots of the serial numbers. WW I guns used pretty much the same proofs with the only real difference between DWM and Erfurt and the occasional Revision Commission stamp or if it was Navy issue.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 3:09:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks!  I'll try to get some decent pics over the weekend.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 3:01:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Alrighty.  Let's see if these pics can shed some light on just what this beauty is.  Any information is greatly appreciated.

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:32:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like a 1920 Commercial that has been reblued and had some marking removed in the process. Should have a Crown N proof on the left just above the side plate on the receiver.

Should look like this.

Link Posted: 9/15/2015 7:19:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top