Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2015 2:55:06 PM EDT
delete
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:18:01 AM EDT
[#1]
1942 Mauser production. Looks to have been reblued. Trigger, safety, etc are no longer straw colored.  Grips have a small chip. Looks like a nice shooter.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:16:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
1942 Mauser production. Looks to have been reblued. Trigger, safety, etc are no longer straw colored.  Grips have a small chip. Looks like a nice shooter.
View Quote

first thing I thought was the r blue on it.

Still a nice piece. Price?

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:18:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm pretty sure a 1942 wasn't strawed. Mauser stopped that midway through 1938 I believe. (Maybe 1937? - I'd have to check.)

Not sure about the reblue. Does it have a halo on the stamping on the bottom of the barrel? The halo usually indicates original blueing.

Just my 2 cents.

Nice looking pistol regardless.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:34:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I restore Luger pistols for a living having done over 350 of them.  I do believe this Luger has been reblued.  A 42/byf Mauser will have a little more transverse striations in the polish pattern, some of this one has been take off.  Mauser produced Luger pistols with straw parts and rust blued finish from 1934 t0 1937 (t block production changed to salt blued in 1937) with salt blued parts.  This Luger was made in 1942 so it would have been salt blued with salt blued small parts.  Most WWII production Luger pistols will show a bit more holster wear on the front of the frame rails on the side, and on top of the side plate island.  Looks in very good condition.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:00:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I restore Luger pistols for a living having done over 350 of them.  I do believe this Luger has been reblued.  A 42/byf Mauser will have a little more transverse striations in the polish pattern, some of this one has been take off.  Mauser produced Luger pistols with straw parts and rust blued finish from 1934 t0 1937 (t block production changed to salt blued in 1937) with salt blued parts.  This Luger was made in 1942 so it would have been salt blued with salt blued small parts.  Most WWII production Luger pistols will show a bit more holster wear on the front of the frame rails on the side, and on top of the side plate island.  Looks in very good condition.
View Quote

Can you est a value? I wouldn't know where to start.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top