Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2015 10:52:52 AM EDT
Just bought my first Luger. I know the basics, alphabet, commercial, and aprox 1920. If any one could offer any more info it would be appreciated.

It is .30 Luger. All numbers match.

Sorry about the pics.

" />
" />

" />" />
" />
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 11:32:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Sweet, nice DWM.

I have a 1920 DWM I bought recently and can't wait to shoot it.

Link Posted: 5/20/2015 11:45:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Shooter grade reblued commercial. If that magazine is original don't use it as there is a good chance it will break. Not much else to tell that you don't already know.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 12:11:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shooter grade reblued commercial. If that magazine is original don't use it as there is a good chance it will break. Not much else to tell that you don't already know.
View Quote

Thanks!

I was hoping it was not a reblue but I did have my doubts. Can I ask what gives it away?

The straw coloring is much better than it apears in the pics.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 5:04:54 PM EDT
[#4]
The biggest sign is the serial number and proof mark on the barrel. They are too high polished and the proof is thin from being buffed out. Also the color of the blue is too deep and is easy to tell is hot salt blued. Here is a gun with proper blue color for that era.

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 10:23:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank you sir!

I appreciate the info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top