Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2015 8:36:48 PM EDT
I am a new Luger owner. I purchased a Luger that fires and has an original magazine. This is a shooter not a collector grade. The toggle activates prematurely during firing. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem?. I have thought about removing the hold open devise but do not know how. I am a new Luger owner. Mine was made by Mauser in 1939/S 42 on Top plate.

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:27:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Could be a mag main spring issue. Try a different mag, then replace the springs.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 2:17:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm guessing the leaf spring that actuates the slide hold open is broken. The spring (IIRC!) holds the slide lock DOWN. When the magazine is empty the magazine spring and  follower overpowers the weaker slide lock spring, the slide lock is pushed up, and the slide is held back.

Without a slide lock spring the slide lock might be jumping up under recoil and catching the slide.

The slide lock spring is easy to replace, no tools required. Look on YouTube for instructions or search on lugerforum.com or on Jan Still's luger forum.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top