Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2014 12:46:32 AM EDT
I finally was able to pick one of these up at a decent price. I need to locate a wooden stock holster thingy, which probably won't be that hard or expensive (I hope). Anyway, I shot it and it had a couple of failure to feed hiccups, which I haven't really researched yet. Does anyone know the common problems with these guns?

Also, when I picked it up and got it out of the Fedex box, I found an interesting packing job. It was well secured and safe, but it wasn't your everyday Styrofoam peanuts or bubble wrap job. It seems a Coca Cola soft lunch box container was sliced up and wrapped around the gun to keep it safe, and painters tape was the only stuff available to secure it alll! Funny stuff. In all I am very happy with my purchase, now on to finding a Luger to keep my Broomhandle company.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:20:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it a oyster bay refurb?

Look at replacing the recoil spring and try a few different types of ammo. Mine is very picky about ammo and tends to like 124 gr over 115.

Link Posted: 5/5/2014 12:26:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I am not sure if it is a refurb. It has all the correct markings on it I think, doesn't look re-blued to me.

The side says:
Waffenfabrick
Mauser
Oberndorf a Neckar
734XXX
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 12:41:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Grips are knock offs and the bluing is too nice I would assume reblue has no wear. Nice piece either war repro stock are  $70 off ebay.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 7:32:51 AM EDT
[#4]
If its been re-lined to 9mm it may benifet from having some gentle feed ramp and associated area polishing.  The bottle neck 7.63 Mauser feeds more reliable from the mag better than the shorter 9mm case.

What I would do:

1) check magazine spring.  Replace if weak
2) polish feed ramp - check with dummy rounds for reliable feeding and hang ups
3) recoil spring replacement

try a variety of ammo, oddly my 2 Broomhandles will run nearly perfect with wolf or Tula.  Your experience may vary.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 1:11:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Serial number too high for a true Red-9. Sorry. Is the sight incremented to 500m or 1000m?
Nice looking pistol regardless.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:09:20 AM EDT
[#6]
An interesting twist to the term "lunchbox gun"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top