Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2014 9:04:35 PM EDT
I have a miss matched and heavily pitted 1918 luger that fortunately runs like a champ. Since it doesn't have much collector value I would like to run it at some pistol and carbine matches that I regularly attend. So I was wondering if anyone knew of someone who made modern holsters for Lugers.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 9:18:32 PM EDT
[#1]
They are all over Ebay, but look at the shape before you bid, some keep true to the originals, some a misshapen turds. How are you going to shoot it in a carbine class? Attaching a shoulder board to a 4" Luger makes it a SBR.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 9:34:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I planned to use it as a secondary along with my carbine. For transitions and stuff.

I appoligise, I didn't mean a modern reproduction of an original luger holster, I meant modern as in a typical IWB holster you might use with a Glock 17 or 1911 but molded specifically for a luger.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 9:41:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmmm, that may prove difficult. The Luger isn't a real safe pistol to carry outside of a flap holster what with it having an exposed sear bar. The Germans would carry in condition two and chamber a round when they were ready to use it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:35:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 10:01:16 AM EDT
[#5]
ATF has been back and forth on shoulder stocks for the C96 Broomhandle, and I don't think they have ever been OK with them for the Luger pistols.

At the C96 forum they have a PDF of a letter from the ATF stating it's OK to attach an original shoulder stock.  Now I have heard that they have rescinded this and all Brooms with stocks are SBRs.

I don't think anyone has contacted the ATF of late about it.  I suspect for fear of what they would say this time.

Honestly, I have never understood the whole problem with SBRs, they are perfectly fine in every other country but ours.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:26:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why is this?

It's always been my understanding that shoulder stocks - original or reproduction - are legal on any handgun that was originally manufactured to accept them. My 4" 41/42 Mauser has a stock attachment on the back.

Not doubting you - when you speak of Lugers I listen - but I'm curious as to why.

EDIT: To answer the OP, you might look into one of the many custom Kydex holster makers out there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They are all over Ebay, but look at the shape before you bid, some keep true to the originals, some a misshapen turds. How are you going to shoot it in a carbine class? Attaching a shoulder board to a 4" Luger makes it a SBR.

Why is this?

It's always been my understanding that shoulder stocks - original or reproduction - are legal on any handgun that was originally manufactured to accept them. My 4" 41/42 Mauser has a stock attachment on the back.

Not doubting you - when you speak of Lugers I listen - but I'm curious as to why.

EDIT: To answer the OP, you might look into one of the many custom Kydex holster makers out there.
The only short barrel luger that would be legal would be the 1900AE with the Ideal folding stock. The deal is that the lug was used in the manufacturing process and some commercial guns had them removed most did not. With regards to the ATF, you can legally put a navy stock (real or repro) on a navy gun likewise you must use the correct type stock for the artillery and for the carbines. Put a navy stock on a artillery and you have a SBR. What's incredibly stupid is the only difference between the navy and the artillery is the navy has a brass disk on it.

Link Posted: 4/8/2015 6:00:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Would it also be verboten to put a stock on a Vopo rearsenal 1920 DWM 4"? Or is it worth writing a letter to ATF just in case they having a benevolent day?
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 6:02:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hmmm, that may prove difficult. The Luger isn't a real safe pistol to carry outside of a flap holster what with it having an exposed sear bar. The Germans would carry in condition two and chamber a round when they were ready to use it.
View Quote

I found a Turkish made open top belt holster with a thumb break type strap that appears to cover the sear bar. I wonder if that would be safe?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top