Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2016 1:01:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CasualObserver]
So I'm looking at some Para slides, and they're specified LDA or SA.  What's the difference?  I thought the LDA was all in the trigger mechanism.

I can't imagine what difference there would be in the slide.  What am I missing?
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 8:20:07 AM EDT
[#1]
The LDA slides are missing the disconnector cut.
One could be milled in the LDA slides

not my info;

Actually, it's probably fairly easy to put an LDA slide on an SA frame, but a machinist's nightmare to go the other way.

And the LDA frame is quite different, too, in the areas where all the naughty bits go.

Short answer is that you really can't turn an LDA into an SA without being a serious machinist, IMHO....

(The LDA slide really only lacks the little dished opening for the disconnector. The rest of the differences shouldn't matter too much. Worst case is you'd have to kill the Series 80-style drop safety, but that'll cost you $6-ish from Brownells. Unfortunately, the frame is set up quite a bit differently - no place machined for the trigger bars, for example, and the lockwork seems to require some interesting changes in the frame, too.)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top