Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/10/2015 1:55:14 AM EDT
Just curious what your experience has been so far.... thanks!
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 4:57:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Picked one up for 3 gun last year, love it. 2 of my friends picked them up at the same time and are also very satisfied.

Had the chance to shoot an sti edge the previous year. I cant see the difference in price tag.

Accuracy is awesome (improved my pistol game overnight), trigger was excellent without any tweaking, sights are good to go and it runs like a top with anything I put in it. its out of the box ready for gaming.

Grip is fairly fat, so if you have smallish hands you may want to install a larger mag release.

The only issue now is making sure you can get enough mags for them, since the para pro shop is dead.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 6:52:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. Just got back from vacation or would have responded earlier.

The mag issue is ... an issue... ha, ha.

I've got a couple of STI 140's that latch in and feed dummy rounds ok if you gently insert them.

However if you are even a little aggressive the mag goes in too far and won't drop free.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:34:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I had the same issue when I tried to use STI mags... had to use a dowel and mallet to get them out.

SPS has 23 rounder's with plastic base pads for around 60 bucks and aluminum base pads for 80. I'll have to pick up a few to try out, the extra 5 rounds would be very helpful.

I may move up to an STI in a couple years but you cant go wrong at the price point for the Para.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 9:39:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I picked up a couple of SPS mags.

They latch in more solidly than the STI mags and feed fine.

I was able to get the STI mags to work by sanding down the top of the mag a bit where the interference was taking place. Didn't take much.

However there is not a good match between the latch and the mag body cutout. Quite a bit of movement is possible. Rather sloppy actually.

They feed ok and do drop free now but I think the SPS are a better match.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 7:34:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I have been using mine for local IDPA matches for about 6 months now.  It runs great.  Don't know what to do about the magazine situation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top