Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2015 7:24:16 PM EDT
Anyone have any reviews?

I've been saving towards a 9mm double stack. I originally wanted an RIA tactical 9mm ($650).  
Then I decided, hell might as well go big...  STI Tactical 9mm ($2000 for threaded)
Then, I heard some disturbing reliability issues, so I decided Sig X5 ($2300)
Then, after talking to DawsonPrecision and Brazos, I decided to go ahead with STI.

I hadn't really considered the Para RBO, partly because I want a 5.0, partly because I want to suppress it and I can't find 9mm threaded Commander barrels.

Now, I'm thinking it might be worth the difference in cost to go with the ParaRBO (assuming good reliability and reviews).

Any one?
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 11:14:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I have been kicking the idea of picking up a double stack 9mm 1911 as well. Went to a LGS and they had a used para black ops recon commander size in .45 came with 6 14rd mags. It was used I. Like new shape. Tag on it was $1k. I'm on the fence as I really want it in 9mm. Heading out tomorrow and hope to find one in 9mm.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 11:47:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 6:49:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I can't comment on the 9mm, but i have the Black Ops Recon in .45.  Mine is a tack driver, and it eats anything I throw at it. Granted, it is a tank and I wouldn't want to EDC the thing.  But GOD it's fun to shoot.

I'll never understand all the hate people on here have for the Para brand.  But things may be different now that Remington owns them. Have to wait and see what happens.

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:23:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Live_wire_88:
I'll never understand all the hate people on here have for the Para brand.
View Quote

If you've owned anything they produced through the 90's or 00's, you would.  

I've been thinking about a double stack 9mm too, but would also want threaded barrel.  I'd really love to have Commander slide, Officer size double stack frame, and threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 6:32:44 PM EDT
[#5]
So.....where can I get one is the question ...
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 7:14:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Unapologetic Para hater here.  Granted I have no experience with current production but, in the early 2000s we used Para as a synonym for malfunction at USPSA matches throughout the southeast.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 12:02:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Good luck finding a Para Recon 9.    It took me over a year to find one.   I think they only made a couple hundred of them at most.  

My only experience with Para's have been ones made in the past couple of years.   My first was an Expert I won at a Ducks Unlimited event.   It shot great.   I then started looking for a Recon 9.   By this time Remington was winding down Para production.  My local Bass Pro Shops was having a fire sale on the remainder stock they had.   I scored a Black Ops 14.45 for $650.   I have about 800 rounds through it & not a single issue.  Very accurate gun!   I finally found a lightly used Recon 9 this spring. Just like the Black Ops 14.45, the Recon 9 shoots perfect.   They are on the heavier side, but they are double stack, railed 1911's with all steel construction.    

I have a few high end 1911s & STI 2011s, but I truly enjoy shooting the Paras.   I plan on getting a threaded barrel for the Recon 9.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top