Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/25/2014 7:38:40 PM EDT
Thinking of purchasing an Expert Commander. Being a left hand shooter does Para sell an ambidextrous safety. Didn't see anything on the Para Ordnance website. Any suggestions. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:26:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: k80clay] [#1]
Pretty much any ambi safety will work. Can order it along with all the other replacement internals.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_49/155077_Trigger_job_went_well___but_now_grip_safety_doesn_t_work.html

Link Posted: 12/26/2014 6:19:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you ever buy one?  Details if you like it or not?
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 5:46:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rjscolonel] [#3]
I got one right before Christmas and finally got to shoot it yesturday.  I put about 100 rounds through it with some 230 gr ball ammo that was pretty hot.  It shot great but the grouping was 2 inches low and 2 inches right. I did not move the sights because I just wanted to puts some rounds through it to make sure it functioned good.  I did not have any malfunctions and the slide locked back every time on the last round.  I thought I might have some issues with the magazines but I did not. The gun felt good in the hand and was fun to shoot.  I will put more rounds through it soon but I think it will be a fun gun.  I own several other 1911 guns so this is not my first experience with them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top