Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2014 7:00:49 PM EDT
Just bought a Para Black Ops Combat 1911/1445 on Saturday the 26th. Have not shot the thing yet, just field stripped the slide and removed the packing grease and re-lubed with clp. So I was just sitting at a buddies house Monday the 28th, and was just fondling this thing, and noticed when I push the grip safety in it sticks. Like not gummed up sticks, but like tolerance are off/material is catching sticks. I'll upload a video of said problem as soon as I can. I've called PARA USA and told them of the issue, and said they would be happy to fix it and sent me a prepaid label, but expected turnaround is 3-4 weeks, not including ship. Now I might just be a pissy bitch, and $1269 may not be alot of money for some folks, but to me that was a month of solid 50 hour work weeks. Now before I can so much as shoot the thing it has to be fixed and may be upwards of a month to get it back. I'm quite livid about this, and am curious what other issues are going to arise once I actually start shooting the thing. Sorry for rant, just wanted to vent and let you folks know of this potentially very dangerous malfunction that may rear its head in other variants. Happy shooting.

Edit video added
http://youtu.be/YIDZUGtxAUA
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 4:17:11 PM EDT
[#1]
You didn't notice that when you bought the gun???  I can't be the only one who does a complete inspection of a gun before I sign for it.

Every now and then a gun has an issue.  It's normal.  Personally, I would've just pinned the grip safety and been done with it.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 2:50:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Dude its a grip safety. hell man if its too tight loosen it up your self.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top