Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2014 2:14:29 AM EDT
Anyone have any more info on a release date for the new for 2014 Black Ops Combat? Sku 96698. Para said anywhere between a month to 4, but I'm thinking someone knows something more specific.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 7:48:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I am also all ears. I have a octane 45 in jail that could be used on this one. I might have to get one A.S.A.P..
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 7:49:38 PM EDT
[#2]
That's funny, this will be my octane host as well.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 8:02:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I will probably want to see some reviews of this model before I grab one. I have seen bad reviews and want to know how things are with them now.
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 3:35:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Para just told me  that it would be available sometime in the summer.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 12:10:26 AM EDT
[#5]
That's roughly what I've been hearing, next few months. Thanks for input.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 8:53:20 AM EDT
[#6]
These are available, but all of the new Para double stack 1911's that I have had in my hand had a lot of movement when I pushed the back of the barrel down from the locked-up position.Then there is the whole "no dimple on the top of the magazine follower " thing. Personally I don't want a 1911 that does this, I question the accuracy of it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 2:54:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I picked up my Black Ops Combat a couple days ago.  I haven't shot it yet, but I have field-stripped, cleaned and made some observations.  Overall, I love the feel and dimensions of the pistol.  Slightly wider than a typical single-stack 45, but not much different than my FNX45 Tactical.  The engraving on the slide looks shotty and the depth if inconsistent.  The safety lever is fitted poorly and offset to the right side.  The finish of the firearm overall is smooth.  The trigger has at least 1/8" of vertical travel which is really a bummer.  Compared to my Kimber, the Para's trigger definitely falls short and doesn't feel very high quality.  My only other gripe are the sights.  The raised suppressor sights are a great idea, but the rear notch is a bit narrow for fast shooting and not having any dots/fiber/tritium makes alignment slow and cumbersome.  The FNX45 Tactial is far better in this aspect.  I'm already shopping for new sights, but it looks like they'll have to be custom.  The 2 Mec-Gar mags were a plus.  Definitely quality double-stack mags.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top