Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2014 4:57:12 PM EDT

I recently saw one of these at my local, over priced($1299) gun store. I liked a lot of things about it, and decided to do a little research on it. I've never considered purchasing a Para before seeing this, and to be honest, I'm a little bit of a 1911 snob. My first 1911 was a Wilson Combat CQB Compact, and I've owned other Wilsons and Baers, as well as other brands of lesser quality. Immediately, I saw threads of unsatisfied Para Black Ops owners, but most seemed centered around the high capacity version of this gun. I was able to track this one down at a dealer about an hour away from me, and for $799 after the rebate, I decided to give it a shot.

One thing that bugs me about this gun is the lack of a checkered front strap. I may end up using some grip tape for the time being, and seeing how I like it. I plan on doing some upgrades to the pistol, and I'll use this thread to document the changes. Right now I plan on changing out the cheap plastic mainspring housing and trigger, as well as, swapping the cheap internals for tool steel parts from Cylinder & Slide(Maybe Wilson or Brown). I also plan on updating this thread with range reports to document the guns accuracy and reliability. Stay posted.
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 2:57:06 PM EDT
[#1]

Installed a Wolff 18.5# Recoil Spring and Firing Pin Spring today. Hope to take it to the range later today or tomorrow for its first test!
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 5:48:28 PM EDT
[#2]
First Range Report:
100 Rounds Federal 230gr FMJ.
Factory Magazines.
1 FTF, last round of first magazine. Flawless thereafter.

First 40 rounds of the 2nd box of ammo. Offhand at 25'.

Next 8 rounds @ 25'.

Last 2 rounds @ 25'.

All finished up.

I'm very happy with how things went during the first range trip. After reading a number of horror stories about Para, mainly the double stack variants, I was a little concerned. This single stack Black Ops performed great though. Cleaned up easy too!
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 3:32:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I just bought the same gun a few weeks ago and was finally able to take it to the range yesterday for the first time. put 200 rounds through it and was very pleased overall. I'm pretty new to gun ownership (not shooting, just the owning/maintaining aspect), so i will be checking this thread to see your upgrades and results!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top