Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2014 9:16:04 PM EDT
The good, the bad, and the downright ugly in regard to the Para 7.45 LDA.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:07:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Lots of better options.
Link Posted: 1/11/2014 12:03:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lots of better options.
View Quote

Admirably succinct, but decidedly lacking in specifics.

Would you revise and extend to somewhat greater length and depth?  
Link Posted: 1/11/2014 10:55:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lots of better options.

I am sure you have looked at some of the other Para topic. Most say the same things, customer service is lacking, fit and finish is lacking. I had a P16 that I used in Ipsc for several years. It ran great after I replaced every part in the gun other than slide and frame. Than is including changing the springs and followers in the mags.
SV/STI are much better options for a Hicap 1911.
In the single stack guns, they are ok, but Springfield, Kimber, S&W are better options for the money.
Im sure you can find someone here who will tell you how great the the Para is, how any malfunction was caused by "bubba" gun smith's. Thats fine. But if you look at shooting sports that use guns, one name you will not see at the top level is Para Ord.
JMO
It's your money.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 11:51:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Been some time since your first post but I don't get into the Para forum much.

I have a Para CCW,  LDA w/officer frame and commander slide.  Bought around 2006
Pros:
Officer's frame and Commander slide is my favorite 1911 frame slide configuration.  Carries well, points well and whoot well for me.
I love the trigger.  it can be staged and do double really well, very predictable for a "light double action trigger"

Cons:
Plastic sights
to some folks plastic mainspring housing
trigger bar - feel like it's made of cheap spring steel, seems to hold up though
factory magazines sucked would chamber first round- fixed with extra power mag springs - have heard current mags have improved

Link Posted: 1/28/2014 11:49:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Been some time since your first post but I don't get into the Para forum much.

I have a Para CCW,  LDA w/officer frame and commander slide.  Bought around 2006
Pros:
Officer's frame and Commander slide is my favorite 1911 frame slide configuration.  Carries well, points well and whoot well for me.
I love the trigger.  it can be staged and do double really well, very predictable for a "light double action trigger"

Cons:
Plastic sights
to some folks plastic mainspring housing
trigger bar - feel like it's made of cheap spring steel, seems to hold up though
factory magazines sucked would chamber first round- fixed with extra power mag springs - have heard current mags have improved

View Quote

Yeah, had one of those and it's on my "Why did I let it go?" list.  

The full size flavor is getting the MSH replaced and I agree about that trigger bar seeming ... yeah, "cheap" works.  Well, we'll just have to see.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 9:09:59 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a C7.45  that I bought used. Untold round count. The recoil spring assy was bad. I called Para and they sent a new one out at no charge. It has been dead nuts reliable for me. Feeds anything, and has accepted any magazine I put in it. I don't really care about the plastic main spring housing. I am considering putting in a steel bobtail housing and grinding the frame to match the contour of the bobtail housing. Final thing I am considering is a bead blast finish to the slide and frame both. Reason being the slide has some marks on it from the previous owner. One thing that did sell me on this was the LDA trigger and how smooth it is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top