Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2013 7:14:22 PM EDT
Hi
These are two of my 4 choice for a 1911 variant.  Is there anything I should know before  drop the dollars on it. Issues things you love or hate.  Upgradable things like mags barrels grips sights anything
I've been doing some digging but haven't found too much info about the black ops 14/45.  
Ideas thoughts advice on upgrades
Jonas
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 7:02:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm also curious about this series of guns .
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 4:36:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I have an Expert 14.45, I like it alot. The trigger is very nice and I have no problems with the gun. It functions fine.

With that being said, if I were to do it over again I would go with the Black Ops Recon 14.14, these are my reasons:

1) The expert sights are not as good as the Black Ops, upgrading the sights is ~$150 + having the slide cut to accept Novak sights. This will easily put you close to the price of just buying a Black Ops to begin with.
2) The Black Ops has a better finish
3) The Black Ops has better slide serrations
4) The Black Ops has a better rollmark
5) The Black Ops frame is different, infact it looks reinforced compared to the Experts.
6) The Black Ops comes with a picatiny rail.

Now, like I said I have no problems with the Expert but if were to do it over again I would save up for the Black Ops. Infact I will be selling my Expert because I really want the Black Ops.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top