Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2013 12:50:45 AM EDT
Anyone running Arredondo flat base pads?  I've used Dawson and Arredondo extra capacity pads, but I'm looking for experiences with the flat pads.  Of all the P13 mags I have, I only have one that won't lose a base pad when slamming a mag home.
Link Posted: 9/29/2013 3:10:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I carry a P13 most of the time.  All my mags have the current generation base pads, meaning they have a small lip at the rear of the base pad to retain the pad and keep it from moving forward.  Para makes a tactical base pad that uses a much more positive method of base plate retention, employing an internal plate with nipple that protrudes through a corresponding hole in the base pad.  Arredondo also employs this method.

When I originally posted, I was having issues with my base pads sliding off the front of the bag body during speed reloads.  On a couple occasions I had the mag dump all its ammo.  When loaded to full capacity the lip on the base plate was bending to the point that it no longer overlapped the mag body.

I've since ordered a few Arredondo base plates.  I've used their extended capacity base plates and followers in the past with great satisfaction.  The carry base plates are definitely not of the same quality, and appear cheap.  However, they work, and work well.  I thought I would mention this for anyone with the same problem.  The rest of my mags will be getting either the Para tactical aluminum pads or the LE base pads, which are polymer with the nipple, much like the Arredondo.
Link Posted: 9/29/2013 7:11:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Hobbs,
 Just so you don't feel neglected in here
all by yourself, I have used both the metal
plates with the internal lock plate, as well as,
the plastic factory base pads. When I was
using my P-13 for ipsc, bought a few of the
extensions, Arredondo's, I think, which are
aluminum, and I do have one that is polymer.
I have never had a failure of any kind with
any of the mags or extensions.

I consider my hi-cap 45's to be by primaries,
but I have switched over to shooting mostly
my hi-cap 9's several years ago for matches
& classes, because of the economy of reloading
9mm.

Also,  I picked up 3 new P-13 mags
a few weeks ago at not so LGS for $20
each. I think I can remember when they
were going for $60 each during the AWB.

I do love my Para's.

Be safe!

John

Link Posted: 9/30/2013 6:17:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll have to look into those base pads.  I have a few P14 mags with the flat metal plate.  Would like to swap 'em out for something less sharp.  

Say safe out there, and no trolling in Maryvale.
-SleeperShooter
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 7:59:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Some of my extensions, as I said above,
are 1 piece aluminum. I would like a few
more of those. Who would the mfg be
for those?

Thanks!

John
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 4:49:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll have to look into those base pads.  I have a few P14 mags with the flat metal plate.  Would like to swap 'em out for something less sharp.  

-SleeperShooter
View Quote

Thanks for the input guys.  I've been using the Arredondo flat pads now for a few months.  Huge improvement, though they have a very cheap appearance.  

SleeperShooter, you have to share with me who you are, considering the Maryvale reference.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 11:36:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thanks for the input guys.  I've been using the Arredondo flat pads now for a few months.  Huge improvement, though they have a very cheap appearance.  

SleeperShooter, you have to share with me who you are, considering the Maryvale reference.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-SleeperShooter

John,
 I know this is a moot point now, but you were a great buddy and I'm glad you finally put 2 and 2 together.  I'm wish that you weren't killed last night, but I'm glad that you took the piece of shit with you.  
SYOTOS Brother
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top