Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/6/2010 10:36:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Keltec's are crap, My P3at would not extract rounds, sent back to kel tec on my dime, 12 weeks later they sent it back to me, and had not done a thing.  I junked it and got a 38.  The keltecs are junk.  I dont see why anyone would trust them as a ccw.  I wont.
Link Posted: 4/6/2010 10:45:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Keltec's are crap, My P3at would not extract rounds, sent back to kel tec on my dime, 12 weeks later they sent it back to me, and had not done a thing.  I junked it and got a 38.  The keltecs are junk.  I dont see why anyone would trust them as a ccw.  I wont.

This is a good example of what I just said. Just because YOU had problems does not condemn the whole product line. Conversely, just because YOU have had no problems does not mean the next guy won't. Treat each firearm as an individual entity and test the hell out of it before you depend on it to protect you. Makes sense doesn't it?
Link Posted: 4/6/2010 6:18:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Colt Mustang pocketlite, of many 380s, the best
Link Posted: 4/8/2010 5:59:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Beretta 84/85
Link Posted: 4/8/2010 9:15:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I owned 2 KelTec P3ATs, both had problems. I sent them back to KT and they ran fine after that (but I just was never 100% confident with them). But I actually shot them fairly well.

But sold 'em both and got a Kahr PM9.
Link Posted: 4/11/2010 2:15:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sig Sauer P230

Or P232...same thing

What they said. Can't go wrong with a sig in this category.
Link Posted: 4/11/2010 5:00:36 PM EDT
[#7]
The best for me is the Colt Mustang pocketlite!  A very mini 1911 platform, reliable and accurate!
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 10:57:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Beretta 84 was the best I ever owned. Even ate 95 grain RN lead.
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 1:03:08 PM EDT
[#9]
My Kahr p380 is 100% with Corbon 70gn Powerball.
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 5:34:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The best for me is the Colt Mustang pocketlite!  A very mini 1911 platform, reliable and accurate!

Take a look at the new Sig P238.  Copy of the Mustang and shoots sweeetttttt.
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 10:30:39 AM EDT
[#11]
CZ-83 (which is just a CZ-82 chambered in .380 instead of 9x18).

I would trust my life to a CZ-82/83.

And in fact, if you're willing to go with a 9x18 Makarov instead of the 9x17 .380, the CZ-82 is imho THE single best deal for a concealed carry pistol.  For about $200, you get a proven military-grade gun made in Czeckoslovakia (now known as the "Czech Republic").  The only downside is that it's heavy, and it's not a "pocket gun" if that's important to you.

But far and away, it's the best value in a small CC pistol.  In fact, I'd say the CZ-82 represents one of the few good surplus bargains still out there.
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 5:02:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is a good example of what I just said. Just because YOU had problems does not condemn the whole product line. Conversely, just because YOU have had no problems does not mean the next guy won't. Treat each firearm as an individual entity and test the hell out of it before you depend on it to protect you. Makes sense doesn't it?

You need to spend some quality time with Google. Kel Tec manufactured runs in the thousands that have extraction issues. To make things worse for themselves they had a long turn around time for warranty repair. I'm talking months for some. Once returned to owners many still had extraction problems. Not an ideal primary carry gun, iffy at best. YMMV, that said I'm sorry to hear you have so much faith in your P3AT if you use for primary carry. It's the next best thing to nothing.

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 6:52:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You need to spend some quality time with Google. Kel Tec manufactured runs in the thousands that have extraction issues. To make things worse for themselves they had a long turn around time for warranty repair. I'm talking months for some. Once returned to owners many still had extraction problems. Not an ideal primary carry gun, iffy at best. YMMV, that said I'm sorry to hear you have so much faith in your P3AT if you use for primary carry. It's the next best thing to nothing.

I have always used my own judgement regarding firearms and do not use anything for carry that has not proven itself 100% reliable for me with the ammo of my choice. You can name your internet site and find it loaded with "expert" opinions from any and all with internet access.

I have neither condemed nor endorsed the Kel Tec product line but have given an honest and unbiased account of my personal experience. I have seen many types and manufacturers brands malfunction over the years, not the least of which being Glocks and 1911s. Any gun can malfunction, that's a fact. That is why you have the personal responsibility to rigorously test ANYTHING that you plan to trust your security to. My personal P3AT has proven itself to me and to my testing standards.

Now as to it being a primary weapon, that once again is a choice that should be made by a well-trained and well-informed individual. Sadly, many that carry CCW have only had the training that is given by their CCW instructor, and most will never seek further instruction and training.

Most (not all) malfunctions that I've witnessed (FTE) have been shooter error due to poor grip/ gun control or poor maintainance/ lubrication but for many, it's far easier to blame the equipment than to evaluate their personal shortcommings.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:17:55 AM EDT
[#14]
the one that is a revolver....
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:30:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
the one that is a revolver....

Amen
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 7:22:43 PM EDT
[#16]
+1 on Beretta 84/85. Carry my 84FS everyday!
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 7:25:51 PM EDT
[#17]
For the price, it's hard to beat the Bersa Thunder
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top