Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2009 8:20:34 AM EDT
Hello,
  I'd like to get a pistol setup with one of the rifle conversion kits.  I've seen these for the 1911's but they are rare.  

Do any of you know of a carbine conversion kit for a Beretta M9?  If I can't use my beretta, what would be the best pistol to buy if you are specifically looking to get a carbine kit for it also.

I'm not opposed to buying a new pistol, but I'd rather use my beretta if possible.  If possible, I'd rather keep the new pistol & carbine kit in 9mm since I already reload that and have it in stock.
Link Posted: 10/5/2009 8:29:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/5/2009 8:42:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I've got nothing against the CX4 Storm, but I've just had a hard time finding a good deal on them.  They just seem to cost too much for a 100 yard carbine.
Link Posted: 10/5/2009 8:45:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/5/2009 8:54:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll look into the kel-tec.  I wasn't really aware of them.
Link Posted: 10/5/2009 9:06:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/5/2009 9:12:45 AM EDT
[#6]
I've thought those conversions were pretty cool as well.  My only concern is that the BATF has stated that the T/C exception only applies to T/C products.  Anything else is still covered by the "once a rifle, always a rifle" rule - if you convert a pistol to a rifle, you cannot legally convert it back into a pistol.

Link Posted: 10/5/2009 10:32:05 AM EDT
[#7]
im not aware of any other conversions other then the mech-tech.

there are other carbines that uses pistol mags.  OA, Marlin, Ruger, and Beretta as mentioned,   there maybe a few more, but i dont recall at this moment.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top