Site Notices
10/30/2014 3:55:04 PM
Author
Light hearted Staff Sergeant
Posted: 9/5/2009 7:18:45 PM
I want a 15 round mags and all I can find is Glock 22, will they fit my 23??
"After watching the footage of the Kent State shootings, Bobby Jay, then seventeen, signed up for the National Guard so that he, too, could shoot college students."-Thank You for smoking
Hero
Nec Minus Fortiter
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/5/2009 7:21:32 PM
They sure will, but they will not be flush like your 23 mags. They will just stick out the bottom of your pistol a bit.
KYGunOwners.com
type56
Light hearted Staff Sergeant
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/5/2009 7:25:19 PM
Originally Posted By Hero:
They sure will, but they will not be flush like your 23 mags. They will just stick out the bottom of your pistol a bit.

Well thats Ok..I can live with that..
"After watching the footage of the Kent State shootings, Bobby Jay, then seventeen, signed up for the National Guard so that he, too, could shoot college students."-Thank You for smoking
itchytriggerfinger
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/5/2009 8:02:33 PM
You can get a collar to go around the bottom of the mag so the grip will be extended and flush
javelinahunter
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/5/2009 8:08:54 PM
My daily carry is the G23..... with a spare G22 mag on my belt.
ALPHAGHOST
ARF.com Idiot
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/5/2009 9:33:00 PM
Originally Posted By javelinahunter:
My daily carry is the G23..... with a spare G22 mag on my belt.

yeppers
"I'm not stupid; y'all just retarded."--CJ
"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!"
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
Screwball
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/5/2009 10:51:52 PM
They will fit in a 27, as well...

With the Slim-Line and SF models taken out of the equation, all larger Glock magazines will fit smaller models in the same caliber. Of course, you can't fit a short 27 magazine into a 22, nor a 23's into a 22.
Southrnshooter
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/5/2009 11:32:14 PM
Originally Posted By Screwball:
They will fit in a 27, as well...

With the Slim-Line and SF models taken out of the equation, all larger Glock magazines will fit smaller models in the same caliber. Of course, you can't fit a short 27 magazine into a 22, nor a 23's into a 22.

Wrong. The SF's will fit too. If you are thinking the G-36 only by the term slimline, then you are correct on that. G-36 mag will only fit the G-36
ViniVidivici
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/6/2009 3:01:15 AM
Originally Posted By Hero:

This. They will absolutey fit, and run 100%. For my G23, the only 13 rnd flush fit mags I have for it, are the 2 that came with the gun. All my other mags are G22 mags. They work great. When I carried it, I usually carried it with a G22 mag in the gun as well. Doesn't really stick out that much. Never bothered me.
كافر All the way. Be polite and courteous, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Screwball
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/6/2009 4:44:07 PM
[Last Edit: 9/6/2009 4:47:00 PM by Screwball]
Originally Posted By Southrnshooter:
Wrong. The SF's will fit too. If you are thinking the G-36 only by the term slimline, then you are correct on that. G-36 mag will only fit the G-36

They will fit... but not if you take a non-ambidextrous magazine (older) and put it in that model SF frame.

That was not the original question, so there is no need to explain what will and will not work in that application.
Po-Po-5-0
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/6/2009 5:18:48 PM
That's the beautiful thing about glock, the interchangable mags!
It is far more important to be able to hit the target than it is to haggle over who makes a weapon or who pulls a trigger.

— Dwight D. Eisenhower
BallisticTip
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/6/2009 5:26:47 PM
Yes.
"They're telling us they'd rather die than come out and surrender....so.. They're gonna die..."

novaDAK
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/6/2009 5:31:48 PM
Originally Posted By Po-Po-5-0:
That's the beautiful thing about glock, the interchangable mags!

Lots of full size gun mags will fit the compact versions of said guns.

S&W 3rd gen 9mm/.40

CZ75

Springfield XD
Southrnshooter
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/6/2009 9:59:07 PM

They will fit... but not if you take a non-ambidextrous magazine (older) and put it in that model SF frame.

That was not the original question, so there is no need to explain what will and will not work in that application.

They will if you were smart and got the non ambi SF model....
ViniVidivici
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/7/2009 4:21:33 AM

They will if you were smart and got the non ambi SF model....

True, but irrelevant as this discussion pertains to using G22 mags in the G23, which is not currently available here with the ambi mag release.

كافر All the way. Be polite and courteous, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Screwball
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/7/2009 9:40:43 AM
Originally Posted By ViniVidivici:
True, but irrelevant as this discussion pertains to using G22 mags in the G23, which is not currently available here with the ambi mag release.

Thanks...

Sometimes people just have to argue about something.
Bigshot64
Travelin' man
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/7/2009 3:35:05 PM
Originally Posted By ViniVidivici:

Thanks...

Sometimes people just have to argue about something.

isnt that the truth
Everybodys a tough guy online......
ViniVidivici
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/7/2009 11:02:18 PM
Okay, well, you CAN'T argue the fact that the OP's question was being cluttered by all the bullshit about SF-this, and ambi-that, neither of which have anything currently to do with using G22 mags in a G23.
Rescue43
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/8/2009 1:30:47 AM
Originally Posted By BallisticTip:
Yes.

I think this is the answer the OP was looking for.
captjohn
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/28/2009 5:16:02 PM
Just be aware that it is possible to jam the mag past the release and tie up the gun. I personally saw this happen at the shop I work at. It is imperative to install the grip spacers if you are going to stake your life on this gun. This will only happen when the slide is locked back. Still it is something to think about.
AJSully421
ARMED CITIZEN
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/28/2009 7:24:02 PM
[Last Edit: 9/28/2009 7:25:21 PM by AJSully421]
Originally Posted By captjohn:
Just be aware that it is possible to jam the mag past the release and tie up the gun. I personally saw this happen at the shop I work at. It is imperative to install the grip spacers if you are going to stake your life on this gun. This will only happen when the slide is locked back. Still it is something to think about.

that's funny... because all of my glocks have a bit of material protruding in the magwell that interfaces with a flat relief cut in the magazine body (just to the left of the caliber marking on the back of the mag) to prevent that exact thing from ever happening. also, the ejector and the part of the trigger bar that hits the striker safety will prevent this from occurring as well...

But just to be open-minded... I just tried shoving a G17 mag way up in my G19... and it will only go about 1/16 of an inch past where it naturally sits... and it still stripped a round off and chambered it without an issue though I was pushing really hard on the bottom of the mag.

Where did you say you have "seen this happen" again??? Were you asleep??? HIGH maybe??? or worse... were you using KLINTON MAGS?!?!?!?!
Wake up the world for the conflict of Justice.

Sometimes the bad neighborhood comes to you!
When a man attempts to deal with me by force, I answer him–by force. -John Galt
Bradd_D
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/28/2009 7:56:11 PM
Originally Posted By AJSully421:
Originally Posted By captjohn:

that's funny... because all of my glocks have a bit of material protruding in the magwell that interfaces with a flat relief cut in the magazine body (just to the left of the caliber marking on the back of the mag) to prevent that exact thing from ever happening. also, the ejector and the part of the trigger bar that hits the striker safety will prevent this from occurring as well...

But just to be open-minded... I just tried shoving a G17 mag way up in my G19... and it will only go about 1/16 of an inch past where it naturally sits... and it still stripped a round off and chambered it without an issue though I was pushing really hard on the bottom of the mag.

Where did you say you have "seen this happen" again??? Were you asleep??? HIGH maybe??? or worse... were you using KLINTON MAGS?!?!?!?!

I have a good friend that is a competitive shooter and he said the same thing. It can be done.