Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2001 10:33:40 PM EDT
I just read a post about bad ammo and reloads on the ar site and it reminded me of a miss-hap that my brother had with a G32.  

He was firing Speer Lawman ammo with no problems.  One round failed to leave the clip and enter the chamber.  He drops the mag, pockets the errant round and cycles the action.  Next shot and the barrel cracks, the mag flies out of the handle like a rocket, he has one hell of a smacked hand.  Now my Dad (and I know this sounds fishy) was filming the shoot to send to my other brother who lives in England ( I suppose to let him know what he is missing here in South Texas)  After reviewing the tape, not letting my Mom watch due to the expletives, it was determined that there were two bullets loaded in the same shell.  Glock agreed to replace the gun and Speer replaced the 1000 round case of ammo.  My Dad sent video to each company.  I just wanted to share this with all the shooters out there.  Still love Glock (a G19 second gen here).

Chida66
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 7:23:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 6:57:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 9:06:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I will talk to my Dad about getting the footage from him.  I think that I have a friend that can convert it for me.  

lordtrader, you said exactly what my Dad told me.  Had it not been a Glock, we all felt that there would have been worse injuries than a slapped hand.  

Chida66
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 6:13:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I too would like to see the video if you can convert it.  I have never seen a Glock blow before.  Seen many revolvers and a couple of 1911's but never a Glock.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 9:01:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I will see about getting a copy to you fellas.  Email me at [email protected] for the address and I will copy the vid this holiday.

chida66
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 12:13:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Could we also get it posted here please.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 8:29:33 AM EDT
[#7]
That would be great to see! Any gun would have suffered, in all fairness to Glock. I just had a .40 cal not chamber fully in a Glock 22. It was a factory loaded R-P 180 grain. The brass is too long. And I am thankful it didnt fire "out of battery" or I may have suffered the same fate! (1990 built, with no upgrades)Hail Glock! Saw another Glock locked up tight by a Fiocchi 9MM that had no primer flash hole. How unnerving, having to beat it apart, pointed in a safe direction. So much for QC?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top