Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/10/2001 10:46:08 PM EDT
Sometimes a guy just has to ask...

I really don't know for sure if the LDA is "second-strike" capable on a dud first strike to the primer.
If it doesn't go BANG, what do you do?
Pull the trigger again, or cycle the slide to eject the round and reload a fresh round from the magazine?

For that matter, how 'bout the GLOCK?
Same thing.

Thanks for the education.    

I know my BERETTA pisols have this capability, but a discussion with another operator at the base made me doubt whatever I thought I knew about the LDA and GLOCK.

P.S.  I posted on both of the respective Handgun Forums for answers, and figured the General Discussion Forum would get the most responses ASAP.
I hate to be ignorant...
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 4:47:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I answered in the Glock forum for you to.

Some folks consider this to be a problem for the Glock. I myself don't worry about it. I have only ever experienced a failure on the first strike with some hard primed Egyptian sub-gun ammo. This is one of the key points to the Glock. It always goes bang.

If by some chance you were to get a bad round then you should have been practicing your clearing drills anyway.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 4:47:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I train Tap-Rack-Roll.  If it doesn't go bang the first time, the cartridge after it will.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 3:29:46 PM EDT
[#3]
If I were actually in a shoot out, I wouldn't even consider a second strike.  Tap, rack, bang would be my immediate response.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 8:05:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Definitely tap - rack + simultaneous roll.  With any autoloader - AR too.

Tate
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 2:57:31 PM EDT
[#5]
go with the tap+rack+bang school..may save you time and possibly your life.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top