Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/10/2001 10:46:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/10/2001 10:39:58 PM EDT by BusMaster007]
Sometimes a guy just has to ask...

I really don't know for sure if the LDA is "second-strike" capable on a dud first strike to the primer.
If it doesn't go BANG, what do you do?
Pull the trigger again, or cycle the slide to eject the round and reload a fresh round from the magazine?

For that matter, how 'bout the GLOCK?
Same thing.

Thanks for the education.

I know my BERETTA pisols have this capability, but a discussion with another operator at the base made me doubt whatever I thought I knew about the LDA and GLOCK.

P.S. I posted on both of the respective Handgun Forums for answers, and figured the General Discussion Forum would get the most responses ASAP.
I hate to be ignorant...
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 4:47:18 AM EDT
I answered in the Glock forum for you to.

Some folks consider this to be a problem for the Glock. I myself don't worry about it. I have only ever experienced a failure on the first strike with some hard primed Egyptian sub-gun ammo. This is one of the key points to the Glock. It always goes bang.

If by some chance you were to get a bad round then you should have been practicing your clearing drills anyway.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 4:47:46 AM EDT
I train Tap-Rack-Roll. If it doesn't go bang the first time, the cartridge after it will.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 3:29:46 PM EDT
If I were actually in a shoot out, I wouldn't even consider a second strike. Tap, rack, bang would be my immediate response.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 8:05:43 PM EDT
Definitely tap - rack + simultaneous roll. With any autoloader - AR too.

Tate
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 2:57:31 PM EDT
go with the tap+rack+bang school..may save you time and possibly your life.
Top Top