Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2001 10:44:12 AM EDT
Has anybody heard of this brand?  Firestar and Firestorm appear to be different pistols.
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 1:17:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Ive seen them around. There big seller is a .380 that looks alot like a Bersa Thunder 380.

BKVic
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 7:32:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw some of their pistols a week or so ago, they actually don't look that bad for the price.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 2:41:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Firestorm is a cheap copy of a 1911. Some, but not all, parts will interchange. I believe they're made by Llama in South America. Llama used to make some cheap S&W copies but I don't know if they're still making them.

Firestar is the model name of a Star pistol, made in Spain. They used to be imported by Interarms but not anymore. They're getting harder and harder to find these days. Quality is actually pretty good, and Star pistols are carried by some PDs in Europe.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 7:33:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Next stupid question: Are they worth the price?  Or to rephrase, Are they any kind of a good gun?
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 3:55:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Big_Bear the Llama's are made in Spain too, or at least the older ones were, my Dad has one in .45 and it's stamped "Made In Spain".  Don't know if they make revolvers any more.  DoubleFeed, I don't know if they are any good or not, but I've got a buddy that is thinking about buying one as well, if he does anytime soon I'll give you a review.  FWIW I saw a favorable review of the Rock Island .45 on subguns.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top