Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2001 10:34:56 AM EDT
I've looked at all the speedloaders I could find for the SP101 .357 and here's what I found.
HKS loaders are pushed away from the frame by the stock grip when trying to load, which make it hard to load and withdraw the loader smoothly.

Bianchi strips hold six rounds, so for partial reloading of the cylinder(tactical reloading), I find these work fairly well, but I worry about losing a round or two under stress. They pack light and small in any pants/coat/shirt pocket compared to the large round loaders.

I recently received the Jetloader from Buffer Technologies www.buffertech.com and these work extremely well even with the stock grips. I really like these loaders and how they function. They are a bit larger than the HKS, but the lock on the rounds seems to be more secure for me.

The Lower Mandible Gravity/Friction Fit holders are a new discovery thanks to the art of body piercing. You have the ability to carry 5 or 6 rounds right under your nose, no worry about grabbing the keys from your pocket instead of the speedloader, PLUS it's quite an attention-getter with the younger crowd of bodyart afficionados. Basically you have a body piercing shop take 5 or 6 .38 caliber plugs from your lower lip. When these heal over you just slip in the rounds, .357 work just fine with this setup too. It is recommended to use full metal jacketed rounds due to the possibility of lead poisoning.

So, thake  ur tpik und hapthy sthpidloden.
W eths mac

p.sth. I lubv my lip loadthers, they work well...slobber, slobber, droool...
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 5:56:05 PM EDT
[#1]
LOL!!  I'll stick with the standard speedloaders, thanks! I don't even like getting shots, so I avoid the tats and pin holes.

Thanks for the tip on the Jetloader. I'll be picking a couple of them up asap. I thought about trimming the grip a little to make the HKS loaders work better, but I couldn't bring myself to go hacking up my factory grip.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 9:46:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never used one, but I heard that SL Variant makes a cleverly designed speedloader that's very highly rated.  It uses a spring for each individual round for very positive injection.
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 12:39:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll do a search soon, but in case that turns up nothing, who handles the SL Variant loaders? Thanks
WSmac
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 6:35:54 PM EDT
[#4]
For SL Variant speedloaders try Dillon Precision. You know, the blue machine guys.

www.dillonprecision.com

Of course, you still may want to do a search anyway to try to find a better price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top