Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2001 12:01:45 PM EDT
I admit it. I'm a gripaholic. I've changed the stocks on my Springfield 1911A1 dozens of times, rubber grips, double diamond, smooth laminated, finger grooves, cocobolo, Pachmayr, drop-in checkered frontstrap, you name it. Sometimes I go for looks, and sometimes whatever feels good in my hands.

Next on my "wanna buy" list is a set of Ahrens (sp?) thin stocks that I'd like to try out with Pierce rubber finger grooves. I tried the Pierce along with a set of green/black smooth laminated wood stocks, and they looked great, but were a little too thick for my tastes.

Anyone else want to testify?

"We don't need no steenkin' 12-step program!"
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 1:40:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Getcha a Glock and avoid this problem.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 3:15:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Not yet but I fear I may become one.  I currently have hogue rubber grips because the factory was out of wood.  Since it wasn't my fault I have the option to buy standard coco bola grips at cost when they come in.  So that will be two sets, but I also really want to try the hogue wrap around with the finger groves.  Then when I have all three I'll have to make a decision.  I have a feeling the rubber panels will be the odd man out.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 10:20:00 PM EDT
[#3]

I replaced the stock wood grips on my Springfield 1911A1 with steel reinforced black rubber grips, and I love 'em.

It ain't a pretty gun, and the rubber works.

Cheers,
Chris
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 1:17:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I was thinking about the Carbon Creations
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 3:57:53 PM EDT
[#5]
black hogue rubber .....is there anything else.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 5:33:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I kinda dig those Carbon Creations my self. Still trying to justify the cash though.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top