Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 10/31/2001 11:01:45 AM EST
I admit it. I'm a gripaholic. I've changed the stocks on my Springfield 1911A1 dozens of times, rubber grips, double diamond, smooth laminated, finger grooves, cocobolo, Pachmayr, drop-in checkered frontstrap, you name it. Sometimes I go for looks, and sometimes whatever feels good in my hands.

Next on my "wanna buy" list is a set of Ahrens (sp?) thin stocks that I'd like to try out with Pierce rubber finger grooves. I tried the Pierce along with a set of green/black smooth laminated wood stocks, and they looked great, but were a little too thick for my tastes.

Anyone else want to testify?

"We don't need no steenkin' 12-step program!"
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 12:40:48 PM EST
Getcha a Glock and avoid this problem.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 2:15:05 PM EST
Not yet but I fear I may become one. I currently have hogue rubber grips because the factory was out of wood. Since it wasn't my fault I have the option to buy standard coco bola grips at cost when they come in. So that will be two sets, but I also really want to try the hogue wrap around with the finger groves. Then when I have all three I'll have to make a decision. I have a feeling the rubber panels will be the odd man out.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 9:20:00 PM EST

I replaced the stock wood grips on my Springfield 1911A1 with steel reinforced black rubber grips, and I love 'em.

It ain't a pretty gun, and the rubber works.

Cheers,
Chris
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 12:17:41 PM EST
I was thinking about the Carbon Creations
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 2:57:53 PM EST
black hogue rubber .....is there anything else.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 4:33:22 AM EST
I kinda dig those Carbon Creations my self. Still trying to justify the cash though.....
Top Top