Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/8/2017 6:33:22 PM EDT
It was in a classroom with carpet and if fired 1st time!! Stock p320 compact in 40 cal.no mods. Pulled bullet in chamber full mag with snap cap as first round in mag for safety. If you have one be careful! I was shocked it was so easy to recreate!

https://youtu.be/hsljmVh-GFQ
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 6:42:46 PM EDT
[#1]

Sig needs to not let this completely blow up to late to get ahead of it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 7:50:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Dropgate!
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 8:18:50 AM EDT
[#3]
wow

Drop test a sig p320 yes it goes BANG!! 1st time on carpet!
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 11:05:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow.  Not much more I can say about that.  How do you miss that in testing?  Also now we know that the civ versions don't use the same parts as the Sig contract guns... or at least that is what Sig is saying now.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 1:02:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Also now we know that the civ versions don't use the same parts as the Sig contract guns... or at least that is what Sig is saying now.
View Quote
It's funny because people are running out to buy the Army's new gun and they're not even getting the Army's new gun.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 4:49:59 PM EDT
[#6]
There is no way on earth this was missed in testing. Everyone seems to have no problem recreating this, and so simply. There is no doubt Sig knew about this.

I know that lots of people are running around now trying this with Glocks, M&Ps, etc. Yet there is NOT a SINGLE video anywhere of this happening with any of those pistols. What was Sig thinking??? Somehow it was a good idea to ignore over 30 years of striker fired gun design and engineering?
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 4:55:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Sig keeps saying the P320 has no problem passing the official industry & LEO drop test standards. Which means somehow dropping a pistol on the rear of the slide from 4' is NOT part of the standard drop test. If that is truly the case, then obviously the drop test needs to be changed! In its current state this test is obviously completely useless. A gun can so easily fall this way, all the weight is at the back of the gun. It is amazing more people have not shot themselves with this gun.

Even if dropping a gun on the rear of its slide was NOT part of the drop test standard, does that mean you should sell a gun that will fire when dropped in its rear? Because that is pretty much what Sig did here. If everyone is replicating this so easily, you don't think Sig was aware of this?
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 5:05:08 PM EDT
[#8]
This is going to be getting bad. They need to recall this shit faster than the Samsung Note 7
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 5:08:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Keep in mind this gun has been out since 2012

Makes me want to go drop test all my other pistols 
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 5:09:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This is going to be getting bad. They need to recall this shit faster than the Samsung Note 7
View Quote
How can they NOT recall these guns? They are basically saying we know this can happen very easily, and lots of people are guaranteed to shoot themselves or others by accident, but we're ok with that! You are welcome to send it in if you WANT. LOL. Yeah I want!
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 5:11:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Makes me want to go drop test all my other pistols 
View Quote
People have been dropping Glocks and M&Ps like crazy the last few days, they don't go off. The only other one people seem to have some drop fires with is the striker fired Canik's. Glocks and M&Ps simply DON'T fire when dropped. The striker is NOT fully cocked.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 5:11:30 PM EDT
[#12]
So when is going to test the VP9 and P10c and see if they discharge when dropped like this?  They are fairly new pistols anyone done this test on them or the M&P 2.0 maybe the PPQ?
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 5:12:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So when is going to test the VP9 and P10c and see if they discharge when dropped like this?  They are fairly new pistols anyone done this test on them or the M&P 2.0 maybe the PPQ?
View Quote
People have been doing this like mad the last few days. You don't see the videos because they don't fire when they drop!
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 5:17:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It was in a classroom with carpet and if fired 1st time!! Stock p320 compact in 40 cal.no mods. Pulled bullet in chamber full mag with snap cap as first round in mag for safety. If you have one be careful! I was shocked it was so easy to recreate!

https://youtu.be/hsljmVh-GFQ
View Quote

Do a mallet of truth video!

Mallet of truth via tfb.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/08/08/p320-failed-without-even-dropping-no-plans-test/
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 5:23:10 PM EDT
[#15]
I hope to pick one up cheaply soon.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 5:41:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

How can they NOT recall these guns? They are basically saying we know this can happen very easily, and lots of people are guaranteed to shoot themselves or others by accident, but we're ok with that! You are welcome to send it in if you WANT. LOL. Yeah I want!
View Quote
I am going to guess there will be some dummy trying to reproduce this on video, with normal bullets and who will shoot their own dog or wife or something.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 5:42:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 6:16:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
In Europe? It was introduced here in 2014.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 7:49:20 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm shocked no one had the idea to drop it on it's ass in the last three years until a few days ago. It's obviously the easiest way to get a gun without a trigger dingus to discharge.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 9:53:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Apex stated they did this with triggers and couldn't replicate it.   I hope mine is GTG with their flat trigger.  Anyone try that yet?
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 10:35:42 PM EDT
[#21]
In B4 someone says to just not drop it
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 10:49:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
In B4 someone says to just not drop it
View Quote
That's already happened in other threads.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 11:55:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Seen a video of a guy set one off with a mallet in slow-mo. Funny thing is trigger barely moved! This may not be a trigger momentum but a striker release issue? Maybe bigger than sig thinks it is?
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 11:58:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Seen a video of a guy set one off with a mallet in slow-mo. Funny thing is trigger barely moved! This may not be a trigger momentum but a striker release issue? Maybe bigger than sig thinks it is?
View Quote
Doubt that it isn't the trigger movement, without high speed video you're not going to really see the trigger move briefly.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 8:58:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

People have been doing this like mad the last few days. You don't see the videos because they don't fire when they drop!
View Quote
Well that would be a boring video.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:38:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Someone said you can watch the TFBTV video on 1/4 speed and clearly see the trigger moving to the rear. I know that guy has good cameras but for some reason chose to shoot that video on an iPhone.

I'd like to see apex release a legit video showing their findings. I bet it would be a lot faster to order a apex trigger than to wait on Sig.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 11:29:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Someone said you can watch the TFBTV video on 1/4 speed and clearly see the trigger moving to the rear. I know that guy has good cameras but for some reason chose to shoot that video on an iPhone.

I'd like to see apex release a legit video showing their findings. I bet it would be a lot faster to order a apex trigger than to wait on Sig.
View Quote
The trigger doesn't move through its full cycle. It seems as though it's moving far enough to overcome the drop safety (the take-up in the trigger).

ETA:

You can go frame by frame on YouTube by with < and >.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 12:46:38 PM EDT
[#28]
For those who watched the hammer strike on the back of the slide video I strongly suggest you watch and listen to this carefully. I own Glock's and a 320.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtwzXu9dizo&t=322s

I'am a tad computer illiterate and can't get the link hot, the Yankee Marshall refutes TFB's hammer test
SIG P320 hammer test calling out TFB is the title.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 12:53:56 PM EDT
[#29]
SIG P320 Hammer Test: Calling Out TFB TV
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 1:05:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Yep TFB is a buncha clowns.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 6:21:40 PM EDT
[#31]
When it comes to Sig's no one is more respected than Bruce Gray . He has done 2 of my Sigs in the past and his work is above and beyond excellent . Bruce Gray claims there is no problem . Big discussion on the Sig forum on this post page 6 by Bruce Gray .
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
 posted August 05, 2017 03:08 PMAugust 05, 2017 03:08 PM Hide Post
I am here to tell you that there is no safety issues with the P320.

There was no incident, ND, or failure of a P320 of any sort that prompted the memo by Lt. Williamson.

DPD does not have any in their inventory, has never tested it, has only a couple officers carrying it so far, and none have had any issues.

The memo was simply addressing some outdated legacy language that inexplicably made it's way into one of the P320 owner's manuals. In doing due diligence just as I would have, this was questioned, SIG responded to clarify, and it was over.

All reports and online discussions to follow trace back to an article published by gunmagwarehouse.com. There was a headline stating "SIG SAUER P320 Fails Drop Test." In the article, the author reports that an anonymous reliable source within DPD stated that a P320 ND'd during training, among other inflammatory implications that proved not to be true.

I reached out, speaking for myself and Grayguns Inc., to this author on Tuesday to offer factual, verifiable information or an interview, but was rebuffed. This erroneous story was then reposted and repeated widely.

I and others knew this entire thing was bullshit from the start, but the author of this hyped up and apparently fabricated non-story from an "anonymous source" was not interested in hearing verifiable information, on the record.

And, for that record, there has never been a verified instance of any P320 firing when dropped out of the nearly 350,000 sold to date, much less a factory-spec pistol.

I have looked for such reports and followed up on everything I find, for three solud years. It hasn't happened.

The recent YouTube video pupirtibg to show a "P320 drop test" failure is an obvious fake.

I have personally bounced these puppies off of everything I can find. No go bang, ever.

This crap needs to be dismissed. The P320 is safe.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms. Now: Get some Lucas Extreme Duty Grease from Top Gun Supply and SIG Pro Shop, dammit! And remember: MOAC is coming again in 2017!

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistols.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 541-468-3840
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 7:35:08 PM EDT
[#32]
While he is technically correct about TFB claims, it is hard to take someone that makes such other asinine claims seriously.

Attachment Attached File

@1:20 "I carry a 'real' gun...."

@4:12 "I think striker fired gun are abhorrent... They are just pure evil."

This is just another person that can't let go of the past and the world moves on while they are left behind.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 8:45:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
While he is technically correct about TFB claims, it is hard to take someone that makes such other asinine claims seriously.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/427565/yankee-276938.JPG

This is just another person that can't let go of the past and the world moves on while they are left behind.
View Quote
1950 is looking for you.  He's an idiot in my book.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 8:48:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 8:49:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:14:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Too bad YouTube is now full videos proving him wrong 
View Quote
I bet you old Bruce regrets writing that. Especially the subject matter expert part. He came away looking like a giant tool, the likes of which are only rivaled by the great Larry Snickers.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:24:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/427565/yankee-276938.JPG

View Quote
Just his dry sense of humor. No different than making fun of your friend driving a Chevy, ect. I ran into him at the LGS and he was cool, a lot less abrasive in person.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 10:44:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
For those who watched the hammer strike on the back of the slide video I strongly suggest you watch and listen to this carefully. I own Glock's and a 320.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtwzXu9dizo&t=322s

I'am a tad computer illiterate and can't get the link hot, the Yankee Marshall refutes TFB's hammer test
SIG P320 hammer test calling out TFB is the title.
View Quote
Yankee Marshall also points loaded guns at his hand and talks shit about people who follow the safety rules.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/_SCzvRQtGhg[/youtube]

ETA: Also in the comments of the video you posted he defames the dude from TFB TV.

"No, he stated that the trigger is not the issue in plain english because he wants to spread disinformation in favor of Glock."

"They were using a poor test method to try and disprove the proper testing Omaha outdoors did because they worship Glock."

This is blatantly bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 1:10:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
they announced a recall yesterday
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well according to the email i got from SIG it isnt a recall.

This is the reply I received from SIG

Thanks for reaching out.  Couple of things here.

There is no recall AT ALL.  The gun is 100% safe as is.  We will be having a VOLUNTARY UPGRADE that you can do, which will be available
this coming Monday 8/14.  See here: https://www.sigsauer.com/press-releases/sig-sauer-issues-voluntary-upgrade-p320-pistol/  At this moment, I am unaware of the specific details of exactly what this upgrade will be.

I would suggest that you take a look at our webpage here:https://www.sigsauer.com/company/press/ on Monday 8/14 to see the new announcement about the details on the UPGRADE and to
register for it if you decide to do it after seeing its details. Thank
you and have an awesome day, sir! 
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 1:25:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
people in GD have banged on their VP9 with a hammer and nothing happened. i think one major problem is the absence of a trigger tab which allows the trigger to move semi-freely. i also have seen posted that the p320 trigger is much lighter b/c the spring is 'fully cocked' where as you know  a glock trigger pull helps cock the striker.

it seems the issue is a fundamental design flaw with the p320.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 1:36:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

There is no recall AT ALL.  The gun is 100% safe as is.  We will be having a VOLUNTARY UPGRADE that you can do, which will be available
this coming Monday 8/14.  See here: https://www.sigsauer.com/press-releases/sig-sauer-issues-voluntary-upgrade-p320-pistol/  At this moment, I am unaware of the specific details of exactly what this upgrade will be.

I would suggest that you take a look at our webpage here:https://www.sigsauer.com/company/press/ on Monday 8/14 to see the new announcement about the details on the UPGRADE and to
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"The gun is 100% safe as is."

Fuck Sig.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 7:02:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hopefully not in France

Link Posted: 8/11/2017 7:04:17 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More like cringe worthy

Link Posted: 8/11/2017 7:08:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
When it comes to Sig's no one is more respected than Bruce Gray . He has done 2 of my Sigs in the past and his work is above and beyond excellent . Bruce Gray claims there is no problem . Big discussion on the Sig forum on this post page 6 by Bruce Gray .
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns

There was no incident, ND, or failure of a P320 of any sort that prompted the memo by Lt. Williamson.

DPD does not have any in their inventory, has never tested it, has only a couple officers carrying it so far, and none have had any issues.

The memo was simply addressing some outdated legacy language that inexplicably made it's way into one of the P320 owner's manuals. In doing due diligence just as I would have, this was questioned, SIG responded to clarify, and it was over.

All reports and online discussions to follow trace back to an article published by gunmagwarehouse.com. There was a headline stating "SIG SAUER P320 Fails Drop Test." In the article, the author reports that an anonymous reliable source within DPD stated that a P320 ND'd during training, among other inflammatory implications that proved not to be true.

I reached out, speaking for myself and Grayguns Inc., to this author on Tuesday to offer factual, verifiable information or an interview, but was rebuffed. This erroneous story was then reposted and repeated widely.

I and others knew this entire thing was bullshit from the start, but the author of this hyped up and apparently fabricated non-story from an "anonymous source" was not interested in hearing verifiable information, on the record.

And, for that record, there has never been a verified instance of any P320 firing when dropped out of the nearly 350,000 sold to date, much less a factory-spec pistol.

I have looked for such reports and followed up on everything I find, for three solud years. It hasn't happened.

The recent YouTube video pupirtibg to show a "P320 drop test" failure is an obvious fake.

I have personally bounced these puppies off of everything I can find. No go bang, ever.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms. Now: Get some Lucas Extreme Duty Grease from Top Gun Supply and SIG Pro Shop, dammit! And remember: MOAC is coming again in 2017!

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistols.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
View Quote
Wow, sounds like a schill.

I've always held Mr. Gray in high regard. I'll see how this plays out.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 10:59:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Bruce Gray can't be a "schill" for his own products.  He is a gunsmith and sells his own designed parts for Sigs.  I have never met him, only know of his reputation (which had been outstanding).  After his statement last week, that reputation is now tarnished.  My gut is telling me he didn't know about this "issue" anymore than we did.  

This recall could ended up hitting him harder financially that it will hit Sig.  Gray Guns will have to redo and replace all the PELT triggers outstanding, not to mention all the custom "trigger" work that will have to be redone.  P320 Competition Enhanced Leverage Trigger Service – $369

Who is going to pay for all the rework that Gray Guns will need to do?  Sig won't.  Read the Gray Guns warranty statement.  I won't be paying either.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 2:08:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

"The gun is 100% safe as is."

Fuck Sig.
View Quote
You don't own one so why do you care ?  

7) Posting topics or discussions that do the site or community harm. More specifically creating topics and or replies meant to disrupt the Site's day to day management, disrupt member's resources, or the ability of the Site to function normally. This can include but is not limited to posting overly large photos or .gif files, excessive emoticons, or the use of repetitive or overly long text strings. It can also be the posting of threads or replies, in which it appears that the sole purpose is to provoke other members, or to damage the image and/or reputation of the site.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 2:24:32 PM EDT
[#47]
I did the drop test with my P320 c in 45acp with the Apex flat trigger, and after 10 try's it did not discharge . I did it in the family room over wool Berber carpet from 4 feet attempting to have it land on it's back each time . That being said I have switched back to my S&W M&P 45c as my CCW for the time being just in case.  While I think it's safe , i'm going to take a wait and see attitude to this .
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 3:10:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Bruce Gray can't be a "schill" for his own products.  He is a gunsmith and sells his own designed parts for Sigs.  I have never met him, only know of his reputation (which had been outstanding).  After his statement last week, that reputation is now tarnished.  My gut is telling me he didn't know about this "issue" anymore than we did.  

This recall could ended up hitting him harder financially that it will hit Sig.  Gray Guns will have to redo and replace all the PELT triggers outstanding, not to mention all the custom "trigger" work that will have to be redone.  P320 Competition Enhanced Leverage Trigger Service – $369

Who is going to pay for all the rework that Gray Guns will need to do?  Sig won't.  Read the Gray Guns warranty statement.  I won't be paying either.
View Quote
My comment is in regards to his blind support of the 320. Which is not one of his products.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 7:06:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
P10c won't have this problem because it is a partial tension strike fire pistol with a tigger safety/tab like glock. Both ppq and vp9 are full tension strike fire pistol and will drop the striker like the p320 when experiencing a hard hit or shock. However these two pistol will not fire because they have a functioning fire block safety to stop the fire pin from moving forward. Let me find the videos and thread for you.

Ppq thread video is on the first post.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?26913-Return-of-Mallet-Mallet-vs-PPQ

Vp9 thread video is on the fifth post.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?26543-VP9-dead-trigger-due-to-impact-issue-(split-from-Personal-SIG-320-Journey-thread)
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 7:14:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

P10c won't have this problem because it is a partial tension strike fire pistol with a tigger safety/tab slike glock. Both ppq and vp9 are full tension strike fire pistol and will drop the striker like the p320 when experiencing a hard hit or shock. However these two pistol will not fire because they have a functioning fire block safety to stop the fire pin from moving forward. Let me find the videos and thread for you.
View Quote
I believe the issue with the P320 is that the trigger is "pulled" when the gun is dropped on the rear of the slide. The VP9 and PPQ both have tabbed triggers like the Glock so they should be unaffected by that kind of drop. 
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top