Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2017 9:39:33 AM EDT
Was at the gun shop yesterday and stumbled upon a used Colt New Agent.  It really had a nice feel to it. Nice deep blueing. Thats when I noticed the trough site channel.  For those that dont know like I did.  It has no sights, it has a channel like a shotgun and no bead, no post.
I was wtf? The pistol has a better feel than any of the compact 45's Ive held.  
Now Im still considering buying it and having sights put on it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 11:47:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Colt Defender if you're going to add sights anyways why bother with the New Agent?
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 1:29:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup, I held them side by side. Defender is aluminum frame also the New Agent feels better.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 4:25:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice CCW in 45acp , carried my Colt Defender for 15 years . I never needed to replace the sights and I suggest you shoot it first B4 investing in sights.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 6:20:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I hear ya.  I would def shoot it first before investing in sights.  Local guy will cut dovetails for sights $150 and figure another $100 to $150 for sights.
Not sure when Colt started making the New Agent.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 8:23:52 PM EDT
[#5]
New agent has been out for many years as far as I know.  I used to carry a Colt Defender years ago and used to see them at gun shows wheneverI checked prices.  If you think the New Agent felt better, maybe put regular grips on a Defender and try it.  The hogue grips do make it a bit thicker and not everyone likes the feel of them.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 5:01:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I hear ya.  I would def shoot it first before investing in sights.  Local guy will cut dovetails for sights $150 and figure another $100 to $150 for sights.
Not sure when Colt started making the New Agent.
View Quote
How a gun feels/balances in the hand is so very underrated! To me, it's only second to reliability... The New Agent is a pure and all business weapon in my opinion. It's a true, "Get the fuck off of me" kind of pistol made for the typical 7 yards or closer confrontation. Hence it's trench style sight system; of which I love by the way! If the pistol feels like true nirvana to you OP then by all means pick one up. But I suggest you have multiple range days/trips with it and put a couple hundred thru it each time to get a true feel for the pistol to appreciate it's sight style design. After then if you feel you want some Novak style combat sights on it then go for it... or sell it for a slight loss and get the Defender, (that would be what I would do!) Either way, pics of her when you pick her up!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top