Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2017 9:41:24 PM EDT
Do you regret your decision to RMR a pistol? I have two Sig p320 compacts and I'm real close to sending a slide to Primary Machine to have one slide milled. I already have a RMR coming from Cabelas and sig light suppressor sights..

best image hosting service

Should I?
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 9:51:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope I have Sig p320 full size and compact RX models. Just got the compact so haven't shot it yet. Going to use it for daily carry. Full size is fun and accurate way more accurate than I am. The red dot helps me some from my shaky hands versus just the normal sights.

ETA: The RX models came with the suppressor height sites in the SigLight
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 9:55:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't find an RX locally for less than $940 OTD. I'm not spending much more than that for the gun, RMR, and milling.

So the RX model is not an option.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 10:04:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can't find an RX locally for less than $940 OTD. I'm not spending much more than that for the gun, RMR, and milling.

So the RX model is not an option.
View Quote
Damn that is high. Got both of mine for around $800 each. After looking at just the RMR's being around $200 as I was looking at some Glock MOS and then adding the RMR would be pushing the $900 range. Plus didn't have the G40 in stock ever. Happy with the p320rx.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 10:09:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I tried to buy the RX for $879 OTD but they wouldn't do it. I honeslty don't know if I fully trust the Romeo 1 anyways.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 10:40:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I tried to buy the RX for $879 OTD but they wouldn't do it. I honeslty don't know if I fully trust the Romeo 1 anyways.
View Quote
Never had issues with my full size with roughly 750 or so rounds through it if not closer to 1,000. Just got the Compact so will see.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 10:46:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I need more time shooting an rmr. I'm not sure it's quite the force multiplier RDS are on rifles.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 10:58:07 PM EDT
[#7]
If you aren't willing to put the reps and the ammo into learning to shoot it, then no. I have about 4.5k rounds and even more dry draws on my roland. still getting used to it. With that being said, I went from shooting an M&P and 1911 to a glock so I ha not only grip angle, but also the window going against me.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 1:10:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Trijicons quality control for RMRs is very bad.  I've had four RMRs, one great (the oldest), one ok, and two (the newest) were junk.  Those two went back to the factory each twice.  Trijicon reps admitted they couldn't do anything with them and that I was 'lucky' (their word) to have the good one.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 1:15:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Do it, you won't ever want to go back to irons.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 8:39:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Do it. I'm still fairly new to the RMR bandwagon, I picked one up about the first of the year and have trouble imagining not having one anymore. I've got ~3k rounds down it in the seven months or so and absolutely love it. Now I have to factor in the price of an RMR and milling for any pistol I buy from here on out.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 6:42:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Picked up a 320 compact RX to carry when not working.  It's been phenomenal.  Romeo has lifetime warranty, so I'm not concerned.  Has held zero fine and is cheating at distance shots.  Still testing battery life.  MOTAC powers down the optic if sitting.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 8:00:39 PM EDT
[#12]
I hate spending money.  I really do.

I sat back and watched/waited for 3 years or so, before I took the plunge.

I bought a couple RMRs (the dual illuminated models so no batteries, electrical issues, etc.) and sent my P09 9MM off to Primary Machine.  Why the P09?  Because my EDC is my .40 S&W P07 and I sure didn't want to take a chance of messing it up.  While the P09 9MM is the most accurate semi auto (center fire) pistol I've ever shot, I figured I could just remove the RMR if necessary.

Primary Machine milled the slide for the RMR, milled the slide for the back up rear sight, installed the front/back tall sights and mounted the RMR on the P09 slide and cerakoted the P09 slide OD Green for me.

When I got it back I put the slide back together and put it on the frame and went shooting.  Best groups I ever shot.  Proved to myself the dot doesn't have to be in the center of the lens, just has to be on the target where you want the bullet to go.  Proved to myself that even without my glasses, I could still put a blurry dot on the target and hit where I needed to (loss of my glasses means I can't see the front sight - no visible front sight makes it hard to shoot/hit).

With conventional sights you have to line up the front sight with the rear sight and then line the front sight up where you want the bullet to go while keeping the front sight aligned with the rear sight.  Pretty easy standing up/not moving.  Now, introduce low light conditions or you having to move and shoot.  With the RMR, all you have to do is put that dot on the target.  Just like a red dot optic on a rifle.  You line the dot up with the target and send a bullet downrange.

After that range trip I contacted Primary Machine again and set up for sending my P07 slide off for the same work (except cerakoted FDE on the slide).

The RMR cost a bit more than the P07 or P09.  The machine work, sights and refinishing (total for both pistols) would have bought me another CZ P07/P09.  

It was totally worth it.  The P07 remains my EDC and the P09 is in the bedroom in a cabinet in case I can't get to the P07's hiding spot.

Would I do it again?  Yeah.  I have other CZ's but none of them are as "ready to roll" day/night as the two RMR'd pistols.

My wife liked them so well we sent her CZ 75 Compact to Primary Machine and go the same work done to it, but installed a DP Pro on hers.  So far, her first battery is just over 6 months old and still going.  She doesn't carry every day but it goes to the range and on road trips with us and I'd think any bounces while on the road probably turn the dot on over and over.

The only bad thing in this story is the green dot on the P09 doesn't work as well for my eyes as the amber dot on the P07.  No more green dual illuminated RMRs for me.  My eyes just don't "see" it as well as I'd like.

If your pistol already "points" for you when you bring it up then the dot will be there for you.  If you've got a pistol that makes you "work" for the sight picture now, putting an RMR on it won't help that.  Either learn to use the pistol you have or get something that naturally points for you.

I don't need another RMR'd CZ but I keep thinking about getting a 9MM P07 and having it done.  Why?  Just because.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top