Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2017 6:59:14 PM EDT
Just in case someone does not know,,,Remington is offering rebates on their guns,,,,I bought an R1 1911 for 499 and now with the rebated 399.00...not too bad in my book,,,stainless 587.00 after rebated 487.00!!! I bought one,,,,thinking about a second one,,,bought mine from Grabagun.com in Coppell TX
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 9:56:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Series 80 gun and worst CS department i've ever dealt with and that was on a brand new shotgun.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 1:24:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah Remington won't get any of my money any time soon. My 870 is next to garbage. The venerable 700 and trigger problems. The R51 debacle and the not so promising RP9. They've given me no reason to spend my money their way. I do hope they can turn things around, but not good at the moment.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 3:52:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Coworker of mine picked up an 41 a few months ago and he is thoroughly enjoying it, he is a ton more experienced with firearms and 1911 than I am. I've shot it a few times and it shoots well in my hands and I was thinking about picking one up, this might push me over the edge and actually get one.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 1:17:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I must have gotten a bad R1.

Fit and finish is nice and it's been reliable. Overall a very good gun.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 4:32:21 PM EDT
[#5]
A quick trigger job and polish and you are good to go . A Kabar and a 1911 is still all ya need .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top