Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2017 8:33:22 PM EDT
Ive been thinking about buying a new handgun lately.  I had an itch for a 10mm, but I'm kind of over it now... while I was looking at 10mm Sigs, I handled a P320 for the hell of it.  The guy actually kind of just shoved it in my hand.  He was like, "If you want a Sig, you should think about one of these!"

Now Ive been considering getting one (or even two) for the hell of it.  They arent all that much money.

Anyway, I had a few questions.  I was thinking of getting a full sized tacops version and a threaded compact version... or carry - whatever the mid-sized one is.

My local shop didnt have a tacops, but they had a full sized.  Is there any difference between the full sized and tacops outside of the magazines that come with it and the sights?  Because if thats it, I could just buy a bunuch of extended mags and new signts.

Also, do they make extended magazines in .45?  I was thinking I might get a full sized version in .45 and a compact in 9mm, but only if they make the extended mags in .45.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 10:08:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the Full Size P320rx. Been thinking about getting the Compact RX for daily carry.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 11:05:13 PM EDT
[#2]
My next 320, aside from the 80% project I'm working on, will be a compact 45. It's the most universal size INO. 
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 11:24:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My next 320, aside from the 80% project I'm working on, will be a compact 45. It's the most universal size INO. 
View Quote
The carry .45 is negligibly larger.  It is difficult to tell them apart side by side.  Just get a carry model if you can find one. 

Sorry OP, I can't answer your questions.  Just buy one.  Did you feel the trigger pull?  That is what instantly sold me.  By the end of that week:

There is a carry .45 in the photo. It think it is the top one. 
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 11:40:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The carry .45 is negligibly larger.  It is difficult to tell them apart side by side.  Just get a carry model if you can find one. 

Sorry OP, I can't answer your questions.  Just buy one.  Did you feel the trigger pull?  That is what instantly sold me.  By the end of that week:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/41996/DSCN6901-233037.jpg
View Quote
Only difference is the length of the grip area and the mag size is the same as a full size. But you are right they are virtually the same. 
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 1:18:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/41996/DSCN6901-233037.jpg
View Quote
From what Ive seen they dont make extended .45 mags.  So Ill probably pick up a full sized and a threaded carry model in 9mm.  Those 2 use the same magazines, right?
Theres so many models coming up when I do searches haha... and Im trying to look at them whenever I have a few minutes to sit down.  I want the 2 I get to be able to share magazines though.

Yeah, I guess I remember the trigger being nice... Ill be honest though, Im not much of a trigger snob.
Im still totally a hammer gun kind of guy.  I like DA/SA and decockers whenever I can help it.

Shit... I even still have the factory trigger in my SCAR 17 haha.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 6:17:24 AM EDT
[#6]
If I was going to buy a 320 I'd buy a .45. That way I could use the module to shoot 9mm.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 12:22:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I think the best buy for the .45 P320 is the compact.  It fits the hand, and handles, a lot nicer than the full size (esp with the small grip module which a lot of them come standard with). Is a quarter inch shorter in the grip than the full size for better carrying while only holding one fewer round (other compacts like the M&P have a 2 round difference between the compact and the full sized models).  It can also still accept 10 round full size P320 mags, and can accept the 14 round extended P227 magazines without modification (full size P320's need to have the 227 magazine's baseplate modified to accept them).
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 2:47:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If I was going to buy a 320 I'd buy a .45. That way I could use the module to shoot 9mm.
View Quote
Doesn't work that way with the P320 chambered in .45.  The .45 is a stand alone caliber in the P320 line and only the 9mm/.40/.357 are interchangeable.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 2:58:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Doesn't work that way with the P320 chambered in .45.  The .45 is a stand alone caliber in the P320 line and only the 9mm/.40/.357 are interchangeable.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not true
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 3:52:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
03RN you need to read up some.  45 is larger. 9/40 will not interchange with 45 in the P320.  45 Grip modules are wider too. David
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 4:13:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I think the best buy for the .45 P320 is the compact.  It fits the hand, and handles, a lot nicer than the full size (esp with the small grip module which a lot of them come standard with). Is a quarter inch shorter in the grip than the full size for better carrying while only holding one fewer round (other compacts like the M&P have a 2 round difference between the compact and the full sized models).  It can also still accept 10 round full size P320 mags, and can accept the 14 round extended P227 magazines without modification (full size P320's need to have the 227 magazine's baseplate modified to accept them).
View Quote
Oh shit! I didnt even consider whether the P227 magazines would be compatible.  I just kind of assumed Id need P320 specific mags.
Hmm... looks like Im going to have to get three P320s now.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 4:16:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
03RN you need to read up some.  45 is larger. 9/40 will not interchange with 45 in the P320.  45 Grip modules are wider too. David
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was corrected in another thread.

You can use the .45 module across the board. The 9s can't use the .45 grip/module.

I'm just going off what other people have actually done
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 4:33:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Well whatever the case, Id personally rather just get one of each and have more guns.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 9:32:01 PM EDT
[#14]
The 320's Sig's cheap model.  Get a Classic P226 Elite series/Legion, then you'll have something.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 12:06:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Go for a P320 X-Five, or wait for the Viking Tactics or X-Carry to come out.

The x-grip module is so much better than the standard 320 frame.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 12:45:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The 320's Sig's cheap model.  Get a Classic P226 Elite series/Legion, then you'll have something.
View Quote
Hey look guys! The sig snob showed up!
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 7:12:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Ive been thinking about buying a new handgun lately.  I had an itch for a 10mm, but I'm kind of over it now... while I was looking at 10mm Sigs, I handled a P320 for the hell of it.  The guy actually kind of just shoved it in my hand.  He was like, "If you want a Sig, you should think about one of these!"

Now Ive been considering getting one (or even two) for the hell of it.  They arent all that much money.

Anyway, I had a few questions.  I was thinking of getting a full sized tacops version and a threaded compact version... or carry - whatever the mid-sized one is.

My local shop didnt have a tacops, but they had a full sized.  Is there any difference between the full sized and tacops outside of the magazines that come with it and the sights?  Because if thats it, I could just buy a bunuch of extended mags and new signts.

Also, do they make extended magazines in .45?  I was thinking I might get a full sized version in .45 and a compact in 9mm, but only if they make the extended mags in .45.

Thanks.
View Quote
threaded bbl
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 2:35:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Shush now. The grown ups are talking.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 2:40:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Go for a P320 X-Five, or wait for the Viking Tactics or X-Carry to come out.

The x-grip module is so much better than the standard 320 frame.
View Quote
Ive been looking at the X-Five, its definitely appealing...
But the whole appeal of the P320 was how favorably people talk about it coupled with the cost. I could have 2 of them for around the same thing as what something like the X-Five costs.
If Im going to spend that much on one gun, there are others way higher on the list Id rather have.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 2:42:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
threaded bbl
View Quote
???
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 5:05:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

But the whole appeal of the P320 was how favorably people talk about it coupled with the cost. I could have 2 of them for around the same thing as what something like the X-Five costs.
If Im going to spend that much on one gun, there are others way higher on the list Id rather have.
View Quote
The X-5 320 is for the guy who already has several regular 320s and wants something for those black tie and tails occasions.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 9:56:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The X-5 320 is for the guy who already has several regular 320s and wants something for those black tie and tails occasions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Forget that. 320 X-Five is my only 320. I'm considering the X-Carry once it comes out.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 11:59:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had a 220 X-Six and 226 X-Five Entry.  Coolest pistols I've ever owned, even above my led Baer.  

I'm not really interested in a 320 but I might grab an X-Five version just cuz I love X series sigs so much.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 8:47:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 3:38:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Don't have any experience with the vanilla 320, but I have put more than a few rounds through the XM17 and XM18 (full size and compact respectively). I won't be trading in my Glocks any time soon, but I honestly liked them both.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 7:31:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Don't have any experience with the vanilla 320, but I have put more than a few rounds through the XM17 and XM18 (full size and compact respectively). I won't be trading in my Glocks any time soon, but I honestly liked them both.
View Quote
We would love a good AAR with pics of the M17/18
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 9:21:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Between the 2, which did you prefer?  The XM17 or the XM18?
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 6:54:50 PM EDT
[#28]
I would recommend buying the 320 from a local store. Try the trigger first and if it has a strange double clicking I would not buy it. I had substantial problems with mine including multiple failure to reset and multiple ftes. Sig also did nothing to fix it. I of course probably got a lemon as it was good enough to win the army contract, but it left a bad taste in my mouth.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 2:11:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I would recommend buying the 320 from a local store. Try the trigger first and if it has a strange double clicking I would not buy it. I had substantial problems with mine including multiple failure to reset and multiple ftes. Sig also did nothing to fix it. I of course probably got a lemon as it was good enough to win the army contract, but it left a bad taste in my mouth.
View Quote
That double click appears to be normal if the striker isn't cocked.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 10:57:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
When was yours made?
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 7:59:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
When was yours made?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When was yours made?
Late 2015.

http://sigtalk.com/p250-p320-modular-pistols/46206-p320-failure-reset.html#/topics/46206?page=6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top