Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2017 10:06:30 PM EDT
I have a chance to buy a couple MA Approved handguns at a deep discount.  Is all they do to them is put a 'short' magazine in them or is other stuff done to them?
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:13:21 PM EDT
[#1]
i think there is some trigger fuckery
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:21:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Not much really.  Some have a heavy trigger if they don't have a manual safety and they all have a loaded chamber indicator.  Mags will be 10 rounds.  Not blocked; for example,  M&P fullsize mags are compact mags with a longer base pad.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:37:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not much really.  Some have a heavy trigger if they don't have a manual safety and they all have a loaded chamber indicator.  Mags will be 10 rounds.  Not blocked; for example,  M&P fullsize mags are compact mags with a longer base pad.
View Quote
Not many have any trigger changes. But other than that this post is spot on
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:40:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Not many have any trigger changes. But other than that this post is spot on
View Quote
that;s what I was hoping

thanks
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:54:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

that;s what I was hoping

thanks
View Quote
Most of the recent double action guns (either striker or hammer fired)  will have heavier 10# triggers.  
Look at the S&W web page, you'll see a "Mass approved" version for most M&P models.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:12:38 PM EDT
[#6]
P320's will have thumb safeties
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:14:17 PM EDT
[#7]
ruger 9e doesn't specify ....

maybe I ought to ask in MA htf
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:26:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
ruger 9e doesn't specify ....

maybe I ought to ask in MA htf
View Quote
Only difference is the 10 round vs 17 round mag.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:23:25 AM EDT
[#9]
I think MA requires a mag disconnect, but I'm not sure of any companies that install them just for MA (and possibly other oppressive states?) sold handguns and leave them out of the others, I image they just make them all with disconnects or they don't bother making them MA compliant at all. The Ruger SR (includes the 9E of course) mag disconnect is easy to remove.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:21:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I think MA requires a mag disconnect, but I'm not sure of any companies that install them just for MA (and possibly other oppressive states?) sold handguns and leave them out of the others, I image they just make them all with disconnects or they don't bother making them MA compliant at all. The Ruger SR (includes the 9E of course) mag disconnect is easy to remove.
View Quote
MA does not require a mag disconnect.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:22:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 1:40:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Depends on the gun.

MA requires that a handgun not be able to be used by a child and have a loaded chamber indicator of some kind.

So a manual safety or DA/SA gun might have no changes, unless it's not drop safe, besides an LCI.

However a Glock or no safety M&P would have a 10lb trigger pull. You'd have to spend a little money to convert to the regular model. 

Some manufacturers have used weird LCI's others just do a barrel dimple that you can look down on.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 4:57:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Depends on the gun.

MA requires that a handgun not be able to be used by a child and have a loaded chamber indicator of some kind.

So a manual safety or DA/SA gun might have no changes, unless it's not drop safe, besides an LCI.

However a Glock or no safety M&P would have a 10lb trigger pull. You'd have to spend a little money to convert to the regular model. 

Some manufacturers have used weird LCI's others just do a barrel dimple that you can look down on.
View Quote
perfect thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top