Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2017 8:15:48 PM EDT
My Sig's original sights are getting dim and need replaced.  I'm kind of leaning toward Tru-Glow TFX (tritium / fiber optic hybrid) sights.  Opinions on the sights in general?

Bit of a twist; my pistol is a compact so already has a short barrel and short sight radius.  The sights are kind of long so sight radius will be further diminished.  Opinions on them in this application?
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 8:21:29 PM EDT
[#1]
TFX I believe you're referring to.

I have a set on my Glock 20. Not the Pro variant, just the plain jane TFX.

I think they're fantastic. The tritium isn't quite as bright at night as it has to pass through the fiber optic rod, but it's still very sufficient for low light use.

I love mine. Would buy again. And maybe will for another gun.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 8:27:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
TFX I believe you're referring to.
View Quote
Yes.  Fixed.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 8:51:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got a set of the TFO Pro's on my G43 and a used Tru Glo TFO's on two of my pistols for about 5-6 years now. They're great. My favorite sights.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 10:24:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a set of TFX Pros on my P320C and I've been very happy with them. The tritium is brighter than the factory night sights on my P226 and the trijicons I have on another pistol, and the contrasting orange ring around the front sight works very well for me during daytime/indoor lighted conditions. I will buy them again the next time I need to replace sights on something.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 10:42:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I had TFOs ages ago on my G19 and really liked how they worked, and it was great not sacrificing day or night use. Fast forward to current, I have suppressor height TFXs on both 19s, my 17, my chopped 17, my 80% 17 build, and my 20SF. My wife has TFXs on her Walther PPS m2 also
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:46:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I've got TFX pros on a G19 and a PPQ and happy with em.

Looking back at the website just now. it looks like the only difference TFX and "pro" is a white or orange ring around the front sight.  I don't remember the white ring on the regular version when I tried them both originally.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:51:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've got TFX pros on a G19 and a PPQ and happy with em.

Looking back at the website just now. it looks like the only difference TFX and "pro" is a white or orange ring around the front sight.  I don't remember the white ring on the regular version when I tried them both originally.
View Quote
The non-Pro does have a white ring.

The Pros have an orange ring and squared off ledges.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:33:22 AM EDT
[#8]
I really like the TFX, and I prefer the white ring to the orange ring.  I think it is more eye catching in low light conditions and provides more of a contrast for focus than the orange.  What I would personally do, is pair a TFX front sight with a blacked out single tritium rear back for contrast like the Ameriglow I dot rear sight.  You get much better contrast with a non TFX rear, and super quick front sight alignment and acquisition.  

Link Posted: 5/26/2017 1:58:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a set of the TFX pros on my Shield, sight radius isn't an issue.

Might swap the rear sight to the I-Dot pro rear from Ameriglo or another u-notch single tritium rear though. It's a very busy rear sight.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:31:01 PM EDT
[#10]
I use the TFX pros on my P226. Great sights. Bright and the orange contrast front helps with target acquisition.

Only gripe is they have sharp corners and edges. They can snag on clothing if carrying. I just filed the edges down to counter this problem.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top