Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2017 11:06:26 PM EDT
How does it compare to the CZ that it's cloned from? 380 shipped doesn't seem like a bad deal for what it is. Assuming it holds up well.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 8:35:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a couple of Tristar and Canik55 CZ clones in the safe.  One being the Stingray-C which is the Canik version of the P100.
I also have a CZ P-02 which is what the model seems closest too...  P100 is also a steel frame where the CZ P-01 and P-02 (decocker and safety variants) are alloy / lightweight.

Parts are not interchangeable to CZ beyond the mags... so it's not a direct clone.
Grip panels from CZ compacts can be made to fit, but the grip screw holes are slightly off and will need to be opened up slightly on the grips to mount to the frame properly.

Reliability has been great on all my Turk CZ clones.  I got into them during a dry spell of CZ imports.  I don't regret buying them.

At 380$ it's not a bad price, think I was under 300$ for my Stingray-C several years back... the CZ version goes in the mid 500$ range today, I'd personally pay more for the CZ if it was available, but I wouldn't feel undergunned with a Turk CZ clone.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 10:12:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a couple of Tristar and Canik55 CZ clones in the safe.  One being the Stingray-C which is the Canik version of the P100.
I also have a CZ P-02 which is what the model seems closest too...  P100 is also a steel frame where the CZ P-01 and P-02 (decocker and safety variants) are alloy / lightweight.

Parts are not interchangeable to CZ beyond the mags... so it's not a direct clone.
Grip panels from CZ compacts can be made to fit, but the grip screw holes are slightly off and will need to be opened up slightly on the grips to mount to the frame properly.

Reliability has been great on all my Turk CZ clones.  I got into them during a dry spell of CZ imports.  I don't regret buying them.

At 380$ it's not a bad price, think I was under 300$ for my Stingray-C several years back... the CZ version goes in the mid 500$ range today, I'd personally pay more for the CZ if it was available, but I wouldn't feel undergunned with a Turk CZ clone.
View Quote
that's exactly what I was looking for, thanks man!
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:05:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a P120, the full size version. After some Cajunizing, I feel it's better than an SP01, and for about the same money. Great guns.

ETA- can't speak for the long haul yet, will have to put a few thousand rounds thru it, at about 500 now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top