Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2017 12:11:49 AM EDT
I will have my first dedicated 9mm silencer (AAC Tirant 9M) in a few months and will have to buy threaded barrels for all of my pistol hosts. I am seeking any advice based on your experience to help me prioritize as they will be outfitted one at a time as funds allow. Here is the list:

Glock 19 G4
HK P2000
Sig P229
CZ 75 compact

The primary purpose of this can is use on a 9mm carbine, but eventually want to be able to suppress everything. These pistols all see a lot of rounds per month and one or the other is always a nightstand gun.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:59:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Look at  the xdm. I know they have a threaded barrel version for like 500. And 19+1 is really nice for a HD gun. I have two xdm's and they have been 100% on all types of ammo.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:43:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I will have my first dedicated 9mm silencer (AAC Tirant 9M) in a few months and will have to buy threaded barrels for all of my pistol hosts. I am seeking any advice based on your experience to help me prioritize as they will be outfitted one at a time as funds allow. Here is the list:

Glock 19 G4
HK P2000
Sig P229
CZ 75 compact

The primary purpose of this can is use on a 9mm carbine, but eventually want to be able to suppress everything. These pistols all see a lot of rounds per month and one or the other is always a nightstand gun.
View Quote

The G19 will probably be the easiest to find a barrel for and lowest cost.  The P229 and CZ will be about the same cost but be aware the CZ may require a small amount of fitting.  The HK P2000 will not have a big of selection of barrels like the Glock but will probably be the highest price.  Beware you might need to invest in recoil springs for each pistol sometimes you need to change the recoil spring weight for a more reliable pistol.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:14:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Look at  the xdm. I know they have a threaded barrel version for like 500. And 19+1 is really nice for a HD gun. I have two xdm's and they have been 100% on all types of ammo.
View Quote
Thanks. A new, full-size pistol, suppressor-ready, that could be had fairly economically is something I am considering. The XDM and a CZ P09 would be on this list.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:23:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Thanks. A new, full-size pistol, suppressor-ready, that could be had fairly economically is something I am considering. The XDM and a CZ P09 would be on this list.
View Quote
If you're considering a new ready to suppress pistol, there is none better than the M9A3.

Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:41:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The G19 will probably be the easiest to find a barrel for and lowest cost.  The P229 and CZ will be about the same cost but be aware the CZ may require a small amount of fitting.  The HK P2000 will not have a big of selection of barrels like the Glock but will probably be the highest price.  Beware you might need to invest in recoil springs for each pistol sometimes you need to change the recoil spring weight for a more reliable pistol.
View Quote
Thanks for the input!
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:49:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If you're considering a new ready to suppress pistol, there is none better than the M9A3.

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t372/02vettez06/8A4916C4-AB39-4940-B430-C0EFE2A1B23F_zpsuqjcj18h.jpg
View Quote
That's a great looking gun.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 11:00:12 AM EDT
[#7]
My host was a P226 until I handled a XDM with threaded barrel and suppressor sights. I love not having to aim "through" the suppressor.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 11:38:26 AM EDT
[#8]
USP9 Tactical.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 3:57:43 PM EDT
[#9]
G17 + Wolf barrel

I put Wolf threaded barrels in my G17 and G23.  Zero drama, quick shipping, and fairly inexpensive; huge fan.  I put a Storm Lake barrel into an M&P 9 which was just as easy but a lot more expensive.  I bought an FNX-45T as a dedicated suppressor host, but for all the cost I don't think it's a great value honestly.

The best setup also happens to be the least expensive, which is the G17 + Wolf.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 4:00:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My host was a P226 until I handled a XDM with threaded barrel and suppressor sights. I love not having to aim "through" the suppressor.
View Quote
yup...people who talk shit about the xdm haven't shot a xdm. I have yet to have someone not comment on how well they liked it after shooting mine. I just wish it was metal! I've grown to prefer the feel of metal in my hand over poly guns.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 4:11:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
yup...people who talk shit about the xdm haven't shot a xdm. I have yet to have someone not comment on how well they liked it after shooting mine. I just wish it was metal! I've grown to prefer the feel of metal in my hand over poly guns.
View Quote
Shot many XD and XDm pistols owned a XD and sold it also.  Never like the grip feel, the trigger is blah, and the angle of the grip is completely wrong.  They work they have never failed me when I used them but it feels like trash in my hand along with a trigger that I absolutely hate.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:30:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Another good deal for a suppressor ready host is the CZ P07 urban grey for $500
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 11:34:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
G17 + Wolf barrel

I put Wolf threaded barrels in my G17 and G23.  Zero drama, quick shipping, and fairly inexpensive; huge fan.  I put a Storm Lake barrel into an M&P 9 which was just as easy but a lot more expensive.  I bought an FNX-45T as a dedicated suppressor host, but for all the cost I don't think it's a great value honestly.

The best setup also happens to be the least expensive, which is the G17 + Wolf.
View Quote
You've given me an idea, I have an unfired Gen 3 19 for sale locally, might need to offer to trade for a G17.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:03:19 AM EDT
[#14]
My experience regarding my SiCo Osprey45 shooting 9x19mm.

Ammunition is the biggest factor. Subsonic of course. I have shot a lot of the Speer 147gr. but the PPU 158gr. gets me much closer to that "Hollywood" silencer.

Increasing the weight of the recoil spring can make a big difference in perceived sound suppression.

Full size "service" length barrels work better for me than compacts.

Again, this is MY experiences and MY preferences -YMMV.

My hosts;

Walther PPXsd 9mm
Glock 17 w/ SiCo barrel 9mm
Springfield XDM .45acp
HK-USP .45acp
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:13:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You've given me an idea, I have an unfired Gen 3 19 for sale locally, might need to offer to trade for a G17.
View Quote
cool. I should've mentioned that the same approach will work just fine with your G19.  My G23 setup runs nicely.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:22:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t372/02vettez06/8A4916C4-AB39-4940-B430-C0EFE2A1B23F_zpsuqjcj18h.jpg
View Quote
That would be a sexy pistol if it was black.  Or even just less than 4 different colors!
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 12:21:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My experience regarding my SiCo Osprey45 shooting 9x19mm.

Ammunition is the biggest factor. Subsonic of course. I have shot a lot of the Speer 147gr. but the PPU 158gr. gets me much closer to that "Hollywood" silencer.

Increasing the weight of the recoil spring can make a big difference in perceived sound suppression.

Full size "service" length barrels work better for me than compacts.

Again, this is MY experiences and MY preferences -YMMV.

My hosts;

Walther PPXsd 9mm
Glock 17 w/ SiCo barrel 9mm
Springfield XDM .45acp
HK-USP .45acp
View Quote
Thanks. I'm being convinced I'll want to add  a full sized pistol as a host as I do want to experience the best possible performance (fun!) from my first pistol can. All I own now are compacts that I carry. Thanks for the imput.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 5:32:05 PM EDT
[#18]
OP,

Sorry to necro-post. Did you decide? I own metric (left hand) & American(right hand thread) cans & by far prefer the metric, as the RH threads loosen during shooting.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 7:27:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Honestly I would simply buy one of the suppressor ready CZ P-07 or P-09 guns to start.

That way you start with a gun already set up with threaded barrel and suppressor height sights.

After that, the Sig or Glock will probably be the easiest to get a barrel for.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 1:27:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
OP,

Sorry to necro-post. Did you decide? I own metric (left hand) & American(right hand thread) cans & by far prefer the metric, as the RH threads loosen during shooting.

YMMV.
View Quote
Hi- I still have a several month wait pending on the can, a TiRant 9M, but it will come with both pistons. Right now I think I would outfit the P229 first, from what I gather it might make the best host of those I have. Just getting into the silencer game and after ordering two I'll be "gun rich and cash poor" so if I can work a trade for a full size suppressor ready host I'll do that too. Right now that would be a CZ P09 at the top of my list. Thanks for your input!
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 1:42:11 AM EDT
[#21]
full size guns have always seemed more quiet for me than the sub compacts.  I suggest a Sig p226.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top