Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:03:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:19:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'd argue Glocks are one of the worst choices for that group.

I mean, you have to pull the trigger to take the fucking thing apart. That's a recipe for disaster with minimally trained users like most police officers.
View Quote
That is why everyone should learn the 4 rules.  I agree for anyone with limited training just about any handgun is a poor choice.  This is why I cringe when I hear the words "so and so is a cop he knows everything about guns."  It takes a special kind of stupid to not check your weapon is unloaded before dinking and diddling with it but sad fact is humans will human.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:13:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:  The only striker-fired pistol I can think of that doesn't hold the striker at full cock is the Glock. The rest of them do.
View Quote
The only one I know of that holds it @ full cock is the Springfield XD.  The SIG 320 holds it around 90% or so, I believe.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 1:25:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The only striker-fired pistol I can think of that doesn't hold the striker at full cock is the Glock. The rest of them do.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's incorrect.  Most striker-fired pistols are a 1.5 action pistol - the striker is not fully cocked, and the trigger fully cocks the striker before firing.  This results in a lighter pull than DAO hammer fired pistols.  We're starting to see even DAO pistols switch to a partial pre-cock, like the latest Ruger .380".
The only striker-fired pistol I can think of that doesn't hold the striker at full cock is the Glock. The rest of them do.
I agree, the miniscule amount of rearward motion imparted on the striker by the action of the sear when a pistol like the M&Ps are fired, doesn't constitute "cocking", only that the striker is unavoidably moved rearward by the arc of the sear before the striker is released.

However, those pistols are fully cocked as their strikers are completely charged for cartridge ignition  by the action of the slide returning to battery without  any manipulation of their triggers.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 2:21:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I practiced with 1911s so long and so much from the holster that I have to slow done and be very deliberate to NOT knock the safety off when drawing it.

I also have Gunsite low mount safeties on all my guns and ride the paddle all the time.

I tried them after I had the joint at the base base of my thumb fused.

I had torn the ligaments apart long ago and had almost constant pain.

The surgical report described the bone ends as 'denuded.'  As in no surface cartilage.  Bone rubbing on bone.

Hand surgeon told me he was surprised I could even really move it.

To select the angle for the fusion he took an x-ray while I held a beer can in that hand (R) with the bottom of the can flat on the plate.

He was very proud of the x-ray taken before closing  up that aligned with the pre-surgical x-ray perfectly.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 3:43:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top