Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2017 12:18:30 AM EDT
Saw one of these in the wild today for the first time, grazing on its native heath (a.k.a the gun shop counter), and I had to fling the spear.  I took it out after work and put about 50 rounds through it.

Gun In Hand:

Trigger is great.  Sights are great.  
Extended magazine button is a bit too extendy.  Small, Medium and Large buttons included, Medium is installed out of the box.  With a high thumbs-forward opposable grip, I was getting a fair amount of contact with the button.  I ended up installing the Small.  I could probably remove the extension entirely but the mag release spring is pretty stiff and some extension is preferable.  Loctite was on the screw: good.

Extended slide release is a lot easier to use than the usual Canik sheet metal lever, but sharp edges on the front need to be softened.  There is also a sharp edge on one side of the trigger safety blade but since it's plastic, I doubt it will be a problem.

The gun feels huge in the hand compared to the Walther PPQ 5".

Don't really care for the Cerakote on the plastic backstrap and mag basepads, but who really gives a shit?

Shooting:

At 20 yards, shoots about 2" high and about 3" left.   I notice the sights are not centered.  I think if I centered them, POI would be correct.   I loosened the rear sight set screw with the provided hex key (again I encountered Loctite: good!) but was unable to drift the sight by hand.  That's also a good thing.  

I was shooting at an index card at that distance, and my groups were about palm-sized.   Accurate enough, but I think I'll do better when I get the sights corrected and have something smaller to aim at.

I was shooting my 124gr LRN reloads (about 127 power factor).  Both mags worked fine, no feeding or ejection errors encountered.  No brass to the face.

Extra Junk:

Comes with 4 RDS mounting plates for all the popular sights, including Vortex (which is probably all I would bother to spend on a RDS at this point).   The mounting plates also have a threaded hole on each side for a kind of cheesy little slide racker rod (provided).  Obviously the P99-ish slide decocker bullshit is not present (yay!)

Holster looks kind of Serpa-ish at first glance but I notice the catch is on the back side of the holster.  You aren't activating that catch with a finger or anything else.   I think it is meant to be a detent to help the gun snap in and out of the holster.  There is no literature on the holster at all, so I'm guessing here.   It mostly works well enough as a detent, but if you don't give it a good brisk jerk, it can be difficult to pull the gun out.   I think some judicious beveling of the catch / trigger guard may help this a lot, or maybe it will just wear in.   Otherwise the gun is rather loose in the holster.   The flimsy paddle/belt attachment can be rotated for cant and locked down with the screw.   Kind of a shitty holster but it will get you through a few matches until a Blade-Tech shows up.

The gun will fit about 80% of the way into a PPQ 5" holster.  I think if I loosened the PPQ holster tension adjustment, it would probably go in all the way.

TL;DR:

I like it a lot.  Sights were off but looks like adjustment will fix that.   Reliable enough, more than likely accurate enough.  If you have the means, I recommend it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 12:40:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Sure is ugly, ain't a Sig P226.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 12:42:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Price?
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 1:22:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Price?
View Quote
$530
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 1:49:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I think it looks good. For $530 I think it looks real good.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:58:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

$530
View Quote
That is a pretty good price for all the options, bells, and whistles on that thing.

Is it me or is the slide a greyish color or lighting in the picture.  How is the balance in hand?
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 2:57:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Removed
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 3:32:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Edit
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 3:44:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Edit
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 4:28:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That is a pretty good price for all the options, bells, and whistles on that thing.

Is it me or is the slide a greyish color or lighting in the picture.  How is the balance in hand?
View Quote
The slide and a few pieces are done in what looks like a dark gray Cerakote.   Balance with a loaded mag is good (20 rounds I think) but empty it's fairly nose-heavy.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 5:06:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I took me chances on a TP9sf today.  I've
Ben hearing good things about these.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 6:01:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 6:03:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 9:27:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Production legal yet?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top