Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2017 9:00:19 PM EDT
Just ordered a case of MEN NATO 9mm from SGammo. Anybody have any experience with it?
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 9:21:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I like it.  German made I believe also distributed by magtech.   I also like MEN(mag tech) 5.56 nato, great stuff.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 8:53:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just ordered a case of MEN NATO 9mm from SGammo. Anybody have any experience with it?
View Quote

Good ammo. Reliable and pretty clean compared to most.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:00:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Very, very good ammo.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 8:43:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I've probably shot about 4k of it and I don't know why everyone says it's so clean. I mean it's never caused any probems but my experience is that it is dirtier than most bulk fmj I buy. That being said I will still continue to buy it and shoot it. Just not as great as everyone makes it out to be.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 8:57:58 PM EDT
[#5]
honestly I feel like the clean/dirty bit is almost all too subjective to be worth a shit.  This ammo is so clean/this ammo is so dirty etc.  Different pistols, barrel lengths, shooting & cleaning habits, etc and although most will claim they know the exact number of rounds they fired I dont think that many do.  Im sure 100 people will show their notebook to prove me wrong but I still stand by what I said.  Not to mention if person A and B have the same pistol and fire 100 rounds person A will clean his pistol better than person B and then person B would say the ammo is dirtier from round two because he did a shittier job cleaning the first time.  After all each cleaning session leads into the next range session unless the pistol is brand new.  IMO no malfs and consistent ejection are Waaay more important that this brand was dirtier than this brand.  It's a Joke IMO    
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:46:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I use MEN 9mm and like it a lot.

I hope it doesn't have anything to do with Mag Tech. Have only used a small amount of that brand from Cabela's, but had several bad rounds and several bullets that were actually loaded even though about a third of the whole front had been ground off somehow. Apparently there is no visual inspection at all.

I have read that Mag Tech and S&B are owned by the same company. S&B is good stuff while I won't buy anymore Mag Tech.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:55:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have read that Mag Tech and S&B are owned by the same company. S&B is good stuff while I won't buy anymore Mag Tech.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
CBC Group – Fast Facts
•The CBC Group consists of four internationally recognized ammunition brand names: CBC, Magtech, MEN, and Sellier & Bellot.
•Numerous manufacturing plants and distribution facilities are located in Brazil, Czech Republic, Germany and the United States.
•Ranks amongst the largest small arms ammunition producers in the world.
•Production in excess of 1 billion rounds per year.
•More than 3,000 qualified employees worldwide.
•ISO 9001:2008 and AQAP 2120 certified.
•Military brands are CBC, MEN and Sellier & Bellot.
•Law Enforcement brands are Magtech, MEN and Sellier & Bellot.
•Commercial brands are Magtech and Sellier & Bellot.
•Sellier and Bellot is the oldest operating ammunition company in the world.
•Sellier & Bellot ammunition company was established in 1825.
•CBC ammunition company was established in 1926.
•MEN ammunition company was established in 1957.
•Magtech ammunition company was established in 1990.
•CBC, Magtech, MEN and S&B ammunition products are sold in more than 90 countries.
•The CBC Group is one of the few ammunition companies in the world that has capabilities in producing ammunition products to U.S. Mil., NATO, SAAMI and CIP specifications.
•The CBC Group is capable of vertical integration and actively manufacturers raw materials to produce bullets, brass, primers and powder.
•Mechanical and process engineers design/produce manufacturing equipment and the tooling necessary to operate world-class manufacturing operations.  
•Product engineers are focused on designing and manufacturing the highest quality products at competitive prices.
•Quality assurance team conducts internal, external and terminal ballistic testing, plus regularly scheduled function testing to insure dependability, accuracy and on-target performance.
•Sellier & Bellot is one of the few ammunition company’s in the world to produce “paper hull” shotshells.
•Magtech is one of the few ammunition company’s in the world to produce “brass” shotshell.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 9:17:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a few boxes of S&B that have MEN headstamp, its all shot well out of my Glock, Canik, and CZ.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 9:22:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I hope it doesn't have anything to do with Mag Tech. Have only used a small amount of that brand from Cabela's, but had several bad rounds and several bullets that were actually loaded even though about a third of the whole front had been ground off somehow. Apparently there is no visual inspection at all.

View Quote
Bad batch perhaps. I've shot 1000's of rounds of Magtech and never had any problems with it. Now Maxxtech is another story ordered a few hundred rounds and 20% or so out of each package had the bullets setback into the cases.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 8:46:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've probably shot about 4k of it and I don't know why everyone says it's so clean. I mean it's never caused any probems but my experience is that it is dirtier than most bulk fmj I buy. That being said I will still continue to buy it and shoot it. Just not as great as everyone makes it out to be.
View Quote
Same experience here, but with less round count.  I bought a couple hundred rounds.  Somewhat dirty ammo, but it had an odd odor to it in my opinion.  I'll stick with Winchester 124 grain NATO.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 7:55:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Bad batch perhaps. I've shot 1000's of rounds of Magtech and never had any problems with it. Now Maxxtech is another story ordered a few hundred rounds and 20% or so out of each package had the bullets setback into the cases.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That could very well be the case. I was burning some Cabela's bucks and just picked 4 or 5 boxes off the shelf since I had never shot that brand before and it was on sale.

Still puts a cloud over the brand, any brand, when you get several bad rounds in a such a very small sample.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:56:49 AM EDT
[#12]
MEN is Metallwerk Elisenhütte GmbH in Nassau, Germany. Their Nato ammo has flash suppressants in it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 4:31:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
I've had good luck with both. Just out of curiosity, when was the Magtech incident, and how many rounds total?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:21:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Interesting procurement process you have there, OP
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 8:53:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Anyone have an opinion on the brass for reloading?
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 6:37:27 PM EDT
[#16]
I was told to stay clear of MEN ammo for reloading, but I think it's because the rifle brass may be Berdan primed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top