Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2017 7:41:42 PM EDT
I find it funny that guys these days try to make guys feel EXTRA fat because they can't carry aiwb. Anyone sitting with a gun in there gut is uncomfortable. Anyone standing with a gun in there gut is comfortable!
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 7:51:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Wait what?  Not one carry type fits everyone's needs FACT.  Your carry way may not work for me FACT.  Does it matter NO!  Only thing that matters is you carry everyday and every chance you can possible.  Comfort plays a huge deal in this if you are not comfortable you probably do not carry all the time.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 7:52:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wait what?  Not one carry type fits everyone's needs FACT.  Your carry way may not work for me FACT.  Does it matter NO!  Only thing that matters is you carry everyday and every chance you can possible.  Comfort plays a huge deal in this if you are not comfortable you probably do not carry all the time.
View Quote
this
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 8:06:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had a Smart Carry Holster for years. It sits low enough to not bind when sitting. Only issue is you can't really reach it when sitting... like any front carry IWB holster. But then you could just stay in your cave all the time and not worry about any issues.....
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 8:51:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm sitting on my couch right now with my 5" 1911 aiwb in a jmcustom aiwb holster.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 10:30:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I AIWB  a CZ P-01 in a Stealth Gear holster and I'm pretty heavy at 6' and 290lbs and it's the most comfortable holster I have ever used in over 30 years of carrying pistols.
I just ordered a 45 Shield and need to order another Stealth Gear holster for it, but I'm having sticker shock.Prices went up since I ordered my last SG holster.
 Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 9:47:25 AM EDT
[#6]
The only time I carry AIWB is on walks or hikes where I carry my Glock 43 in a Stealthgear AWIB holster. At 6'2" and 177 pounds it is not comfortable for me to carry like that when sitting so I don't.  But that's just me.

What carry method you use really is just personal comfort and preference. There is no right or wrong method, there's just your method.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 5:04:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Your title vs your post is misleading ? Are you just slamming people that AIWB or are you comparing the 2 types of carry ? You can't do both
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 1:40:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I find it funny that guys these days try to make guys feel EXTRA fat because they can't carry aiwb. Anyone sitting with a gun in there gut is uncomfortable. Anyone standing with a gun in there gut is comfortable!
View Quote

No offense, but this sounds like a personal problem. I don't consider myself extra fat, but I also don't find AIWB comfortable. To those who do, rock on. As someone pointed out above carry preference varies based on who's carrying.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 6:05:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Sitting in front of the computer with a Model 36 just right of my belly button in a Side Guard appendix holster. I can hardly tell it is there. Definitely not fat at 5'9" and 160.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 7:06:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and you think yours doesn't stink. 

I can't drive or sit in a car comfortably carrying behind the hip
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:36:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't like a lot of generalisms that arfcom kind of puts out there.  But dudes making other dudes feel like they're fat because they don't AIWB isn't something I've experienced.  But then again, some gun dudes can be like schoolboys.  I'm tougher than you.  My Dad can beat up your Dad.  Etc etc.  

It's funny because I just AIWB'd for the first time today.  I'm pretty small so I can't really do it with a big gun like 03RN is talking about.  Or haven't figured out how to do that so far.  But  one of my buddies says AIWB is most natural for him.  He's not overly thin, but he doesn't have a big gut either.  

Whatever works for you.   Generalizing is just not going to do anyone any favors.  We're all different.  I pretty much like IWB strong side the best.  But we'll see what I think of AIWB with some time.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 2:28:51 AM EDT
[#12]
That's why I rock a small .380. Always comfortable no matter how I rock it. Which is always aiwb but anywhere I toss it works.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 9:14:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Gun guys on internet who use acronyms to confuse what it is.

IWB - in the waist band
AIWB - appendix carry in the waist band

With carry at 12:00 being centerline of the midsection - directly under the pants button - what is getting discussed is if you carry in the waistband at 1:00 or further around the clock, like, on the hip at 3:00, behind the hip at 4:00, etc.

OP's point is (?) that some posters make fun of gun carriers being fat because of where they carry to achieve comfort. Yeah, posters do that. It's their personal weakness to point out other people's presumed flaws in order to inflate their ego. Doesn't take the internet to do that.

A follow on point is that those who do it think the presentation in a post on the internet has some social power over others to force them to conform. Sorry, you can explain the logic of that in the post - or not -  people will analyze it and choose to accept it - or not.

If posting things on the net worked we'd all be following the same religious and ethical set of morals and the whole world would be (insert one here) and speak ( choice of language.) As for that last I understand Korean is much easier to learn and speak than english, and allowing your feelings to dominate your decision making very easy to do.

Therefore being a Korean SJW in black antifa dress is the best, no?

I expect your complete adherence in the near future. As long as you don't get kidnapped and taken to the tunnels in Racine for transportation in human trafficking.

Which is much less likely IF you carry a firearm, as if you'd be chosen anyway, fat dudes are way down on the list. Which means no, those making fun of "us" who are less inclined to appendix carry are also less threatened by abduction for sexual purposes. Win.

There is an advantage to a well rounded program of personal security.

We need to come up with some sort of recognition signal cause it's going to be hard to arfcom with black bandannas over our faces.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 9:30:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Try preferred carry gun + quality purpose-built AIWB holster;
Comfortable/concealable?;
No;
-Do not carry AIWB
Yes;
-Carry AIWB
/End
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:06:48 AM EDT
[#15]
For me personally I have not found appendix ( poorly named since most of these carry methods are no where near the appendix anatomically) comfortable at all.
I will say it is a very polarizing topic as many ( mostly young shooters) seem to feel very strongly it is the only way to fly and I often see posts that insinuate anyone who doesn't think it is the greatest carry method is some sort of incompetent antique.
Different methods work for different people for sure, but there are physical characteristics that tend to make it harder or easier ( this goes for all methods of course) but when it comes to appendix my observation is the length of your torso more than your weight is the most critical. If the distance from where you wear your belt to your groin is very short, appendix doesn't work.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:00:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Thanks. You said it a lot nicer than I wanted to.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:32:43 AM EDT
[#17]
5'-8", 190 pounds and i like AIWB.  Don't have a huge gut, I'm what you would call "stocky". I find AIWB to be the most comfortable and concealable for me, but everyone gets to do it the way that works best for them.

Why do we get worked up about the way other people do things?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top