User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 8:37:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Dumb, no. In denial, yes.

I'm having a hard time accepting that the machine operator could screw up the threads that bad and not notice, that the finisher could not notice, and thay the assembler could not notice. From ANY company. However, after looking closer and seeing the chip in the threads it does seem to be a tooling/machine problem. 

View Quote
As long as the thread cap screwed on OK I can see them not noticing.  I bought a pistol with a threaded barrel this week and double checked the threads because of this post haha.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 8:52:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Never mind, see the OP got in touch with someone...
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:08:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I received an email this afternoon from HK with a tracking number for a new replacement barrel.  The invoice stated "Inspected barrel. Found threads incorrectly timed to barrel.
Replaced out of spec. barrel."

I have no complaints about HK customer service now!  I appreciate them making things right!
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 9:34:13 PM EDT
[#4]
That's good. Are they sending you a barrel that they duplicated the SN onto so you don't have a parts mixed gun?
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 9:34:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Glad it worked out
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 9:49:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That's good. Are they sending you a barrel that they duplicated the SN onto so you don't have a parts mixed gun?
View Quote
No idea.  I won't know until the barrel arrives.  At this point, I'm just glad to have a new barrel.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 11:51:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't think they copied your original serial number.  It will be on the left side probably.  Be sure to keep your documentation to explain the different serials.  I have two .40 caliber Glocks with three different serial numbers (frame, slide, and barrel).  
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 6:33:57 PM EDT
[#8]
New barrel will most likely not have a serial number.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 8:53:56 PM EDT
[#9]
HK stated in the other thread:  "Replacement barrels will have a serial number on the opposite side of the barrel. This is for import reasons only. Whenever the slide or barrel is replaced it will not have the original serial number."

I did receive the replacement barrel and it is exactly as described above.  The threads on the barrel, however, are perfect!
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 9:40:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I've been following this thread from it's inception.
Hell, I even followed on the HK  pro forum
Glad all has worked out for you OP

Just today picked up a USP 45 Tac. Won't know if the threads are fucked up until I can afford  a can.

Sounds like HK doesn't hate Americans after all.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 9:57:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
HK stated in the other thread:  "Replacement barrels will have a serial number on the opposite side of the barrel. This is for import reasons only. Whenever the slide or barrel is replaced it will not have the original serial number."

I did receive the replacement barrel and it is exactly as described above.  The threads on the barrel, however, are perfect!
View Quote
The part about "This is for import reasons only." makes sense in light of the fact that German law doesn't consider the "receiver" to be the serial-numbered part.

German law considers the barrel to be the critical, central part.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 11:37:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Now....waiting on the range report with new can.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 1:56:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Glad to hear this had a positive outcome. HK's CS gets an underserved reputation often from those with no experience.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 1:14:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
....Yeah, I didnt read far enough in

Glad you got your barrel!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top