Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/23/2017 1:03:25 AM EDT
Suggestions needed.

My wife has been die hard Glock for years now, but agrees it may not be the best option and is reassessing.  

Part of what prompted the discussion was that I recently pointed out that while it has larger dimensions, the FNX-9 is about the same weight, has a nicer trigger and carries more rounds than her G26 that she is currently carrying.  

However, she then pointed out that she has nightmares about a manual safety accidentally being engaged on her carry and not being able to shoot when she needs to.  Unless things have changed, I am not aware of a way to disable the safety and make the FNX decock only (like you can on USPs), so that one is out.  

At the range she enjoys and appreciates our DA/SA triggers more than the Glocks and she can appreciate the built in "safety" of a DA trigger, and the lack of the trigger safety blade like on her Glocks, so she would strongly consider a DA/SA gun.

I am able to come up with a number of striker fired options for her to consider, but feel like I am falling short on the DA/SA side.  

Only major requirements are low weight (G26 loaded is about 26 ounces, which is the upper end of what she is willing to carry), 9mm or 45, capacity of at least 10 rounds and no manual safety.  

Here is what I have put together so far:

Walther P99c AS
Taurus  PT111 G2 (last one I saw was a huge improvement for Taurus, but I doubt she would consider it)
HK        VP9SK (when it comes out)
HK    P30SK
FN        FNS 9c

Starting to get heavier...
SW M&P9c
Sig P320SC
HK P30
Steyr S-A1
HK USP9c
CZ P-07
CZ P-01
Ruger American compact
SA XD Mod 2 3"

If anyone has personal experience, positive or negative, with our current short list, the Walther P99c and HK P30SK, input appreciated.

Oh, and for whatever reason she loves the U sight set up on the Glocks.  So any insight into aftermarket sight availability for any of the options appreciated too.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 6:31:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Sig SP2022 is 29 oz. No idea if that is loaded or unloaded. It also says its a "full size" frame, but its more in line with the P-07. At half the price of a metal frame Sig, a lot of people think this is a under rated gun.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:30:58 AM EDT
[#2]
but agrees it may not be the best option and is reassessing.
View Quote
I'd have to understand what the problem is with the g26 is to recommend something different.

The one thing i can recommend is you never trust someone you loves life to something made by taurus........
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:31:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Beretta makes their px4storm in a subcompact.

Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:36:26 AM EDT
[#4]
The only real option here is to take her to a range that rents guns with her G26 and have her compare.  If she likes something more then she should trade out if she does not then stick with.  Drawing up a list is a terrible idea you should let her choose something she likes.  Remember also you will have to reinvest in training with the new firearm so she can be comfortable with it drawing and over all proficiency.  You will need to get new holster most likely depending on how she carries.

Not saying the G26 is the best option but it is really a good option in the size/class.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:38:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I would go for the Walther P99C. The DA/SA striker fired design of the Walther is one of the best trigger systems available. I also found (albeit this was with about 5 minutes playtime) that the DA mode was long enough for enhanced safety, but lighter and shorter than a normal factory DA/SA.

I also like the paddle release, as I find on the smaller handguns my grip, due to being compressed, can come uncomfortably close to a button mag release. With the paddle, there's much less concern of accidentally dumping a mag.

The other option, if you were willing to spend a bit more, would be a CZ Rami that has been worked over by Cajun Customs. Those are really sweet guns by all accounts.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:40:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Why is the G26 not the best option?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:14:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sig SP2022 is 29 oz. No idea if that is loaded or unloaded. It also says its a "full size" frame, but its more in line with the P-07. At half the price of a metal frame Sig, a lot of people think this is a under rated gun.
View Quote
Yeah, that's weight unloaded.  I thought that was going to be a shoe in to try.  With one of her requirements being lighter weight I left that one off the list. Otherwise she really likes our Sigs.  Aside from the P938 and P238, Sig appears to be heavier across the board than their competitors for pretty much everything else.  Like our HKs, this is likely a factor in why they shoot so nicely, but makes them less likely to get carried.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:44:16 AM EDT
[#8]
The first two guns that came to mind for me are the S&W M&P 9c and the FNS 9c.  Both are probably a bit bigger than the G26 and both are striker fired, so they may not be an exact fit.  I have no idea about their weight.  I do have two adult daughters and they really enjoy the M&P 9c.  FWIW I think the FNS series have some of the best striker fire triggers out there.

If you really want DA/SA check out the CZ75 compact or Rami.  Not sure if they only have a safety version or available in decock only?  Possibly the Beretta 92 compact in "G" configuration.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:14:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Sphinx SDP Subcompact.

DA/SA, with ambi-decocker. With my average (medium) sized hands, the grip was barely long enough to fit my pinky, and you get 13 rounds in the mag. Mine was mechanically accurate, and reliable. Personally I liked the trigger, but that is a personal preference. Concealed better than the G19, and it was marginally larger than the G26.

It's not perfect however, as the aftermarket support is just not viable. Holsters are difficult to find if you're picky like me, and the promised night sights are still nowhere in sight. The rear sights do accept Novak 1911 sights, but the front is harder.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:16:56 AM EDT
[#10]
P30SK
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:40:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Either I wasn't clear enough in my opening post, or it was too long and people didn't bother reading. I will try to lay out her likes and dislikes more fully and succinctly with lists.  The G26 is great gun in many regards but that does not make it the best.

Glock pros by which she will compare others:
accurate point and shoot ability
easy racking
capacity
light weight
no manual safety
sights

Glock shortfalls:
Trigger crappy feeling
trigger blade
action   (while not "bad," she does appreciate or even prefer DA/SA, heavy first pull, lighter follow ups)
ergonomics   (side by side with our VP9, PPQ and P320 the Glock finishes a distant last every time)
square/blocky boring overall appearance   (yes it is a tool and needs to function well more than look good, but why not have both if you can?)

I am not retrofitting the Glocks to make them better when there may already be better options out there.

I am not saying she has to pick any one gun in particular; she has been shooting for many years and can pick her own.  She is a very strong and independent woman.  I am helping her get ideas because right now she is buried in tax season and she appreciates the help with suggestions.  We are due for renewing our carry licenses this year, perhaps that is why she is reassessing now.  For the last five years the Glock has been the easy, familiar choice.  

We will go to a range and she can compare side by side.  But frankly, we can't rent from the range because all they have is limited selection of the most popular stuff to appeal to the masses and we have tried it and if it was any good, we already have it.  At this point we will probably need to buy others for her to try or borrow as able from our FFL or friends that have them. And of course she will need to train with any new gun she picks up for regular carry.  She always trains with her carry gun when we go to the range for at least part of the time.  Every trip.

At the end of her reassessment if the Glock is what she still wants, great, then she has reconfirmed it is still the best for her.  Just looking for suggestions to try. I put this request out there because without even knowing it I am probably applying my own biases to the suggestions.  For instance, never been a huge Beretta handgun fan, so I completely forgot about the PX4 as has been suggested already.  So hopefully the hive here can provide other options for her to consider or insight on pros and cons of the ones already listed.

Our short list is comprised of guns she thinks will have a good chance based on similar ones in our collection that she already knows she likes.  However I do not know any ranges around us that have a P99c or P30SK to try.  Same thing for anything CZ.  Reason for me to put them in our collection as well even if she doesn't end up carrying them

And yes spydercomonkey, the P99c is a front runner because it seems to embody everything she likes and addresses the G26 shortfalls.  She loves our PPQ and likes that the P99c has DA/SA action while still being streamlined like a typical striker fired gun (i.e. no exposed hammer or extended beaver tail sticking out to catch when drawing). It is the only one we know of lighter than the G26, even if just barely.  They even have a rear U sight for it apparently.  That one has been ordered.  If she doesn't end up liking it, I had wanted a P99 for the collection anyways.  She really likes our P-01, so I can suggest the Rami too, but it weighs the same unloaded as the G26 weighs loaded.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:57:57 AM EDT
[#12]
The wife has a P30sk with the LEM trigger is which the version I'd recommend. It is closer in size to my G19 than my G26 FWIW.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:37:10 PM EDT
[#13]
P99c AS.

Love mine,  very accurate in my hands, eats any ammo I've tried, and can use the 15 round mags from a full size P99 AS with use of a factory grip sleeve.

Downside?

Hard to find currently.

My 99c with 15 round full sized mag and grip sleeve, and Trijicon night sights.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:37:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Those are all good options except the PT111.  It performed beautifully at the LGS counter but proved to be the worst firearm I have ever tried to use. Remarkably, it was bad at everything. And this is coming from a sorta-proud PPK/S owner.

My recommendations, in order:
1. stay with G26 & good holster
2. Walther
3. HK
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:43:23 PM EDT
[#15]
You guys are out chasing windmills.....

Just keep what you have - try reworking the trigger or putting in a different disconnector.

You guys already have one of the best pistols on the planet.  Yes the sigs are sweet - but why go thru the different learning curve if you do not have to?

Of Course - YMMV

I wish I never sold my G26 - currently have a G19 and G34

Red

Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:33:26 PM EDT
[#16]
It sucks because there's nothing that holds 10 rounds that's as small as the G26.  All alternatives are slightly taller or wider :(

If I were you, I'd get the P30sk.  You can deals for it on slickguns for $500 right meow.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:45:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Nothing special to add except some experience. When I was looking at carry guns after trying alot and weighing my options I went for a G19. I told my self I never wanted a very heavy gun, anything but 9mm, and no manual safety. after purchasing a LEO trade in P229 in .40 for a fun gun I am now going to start adding it to my carry. (will switch between the 19 and p229)...Guess what I am trying to say is don't say NO to something until you have tried it and know for sure it will not work for you. I think if she tried a 2022 the trigger and smoothness of the gun outweighs a little weight difference. Just my .02 cents, hope it made since and helps with her choice.

Edit: I also have a question on how she is carrying? In my experience carrying IWB guns that are different in weights don't make too much of a difference in comfort. But that might just be me and is why I am curious.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:57:09 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm in a little bit of the same situation with right now.  I like a lot of things about my G26.  BUT, it has been bonking me with brass to the face last round of a mag.  I have to double check and see if it's just range ammo or if it's my carry ammo too.  If it's just range ammo, then I'm fine with that.  But if my carry ammo does it, I'm not so sure I like the idea of hot brass landing near my eyeballs in a Self Defense situation.  

So my brain has been like, hmmmmmm.....

I think you open your options up a bit more if you go DAO too.  If she's OK with DA/SA she might be OK with DAO.  

The two that pop into my head right off the bad, that may or may not meet the requirements are a Kahr of some flavor, and a P224.  Or a P2000sk.  

Although it looks like they may not be making the 224 any longer.  I can't find it on their sight.  It may have been too heavy anyways....

With the kahr you give up some capacity because of single stack.  But the ones in similar size as the G26 will be lighter and I think a bit thinner.  

http://hk-usa.com/hk-models/p2000-sk/

http://www.kahr.com/Pistols/Kahr-CM9-Armor-Black.asp

Then of course there is the shield.  Or yeah, the M&P 9c.  I almost bought either one of those when the G26 came along used at a good deal.  

You could put a smooth trigger on the G26.  I've been debating about that.  Although the serrated trigger only bothers me when I'm shooting in the cold.  But I've been trying to get my kids and wife to step up to 9mm and I think they won't be happy about what that trigger does to your finger when shooting.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:01:48 PM EDT
[#19]
DA/SA? HK USP compact or P30SK.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 6:09:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
P99c AS.

Love mine,  very accurate in my hands, eats any ammo I've tried, and can use the 15 round mags from a full size P99 AS with use of a factory grip sleeve.

Downside?

Hard to find currently.

http://imageshack.com/a/img661/1262/0GEa0i.jpg

My 99c with 15 round full sized mag and grip sleeve, and Trijicon night sights.
View Quote
Any experience on whether my PPQ M1 mags will work in the P99c AS?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 6:12:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 6:28:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I have a p30sk with the safety lever. It's basically a chunky g26 size gun (well between g19 and g26 size anyway)

edit oh no manual safety? HK sells those also
View Quote
Yes, we will end up with one of those regardless i think. I have wanted one of the P30s with the push button decocker for some time.

ETA:  I see I missed you topping 200k. Congrats!
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:23:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The wife has a P30sk with the LEM trigger is which the version I'd recommend. It is closer in size to my G19 than my G26 FWIW.
View Quote
Is the LEM the version that is more of a true DAO and no decocker, or is it the one that is half cocked after racking?  I haven't kept track of the variants past the USPs...I seem to recall much confusion from others as well on the P30SK LEM variant.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:38:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Nothing special to add except some experience. When I was looking at carry guns after trying alot and weighing my options I went for a G19. I told my self I never wanted a very heavy gun, anything but 9mm, and no manual safety. after purchasing a LEO trade in P229 in .40 for a fun gun I am now going to start adding it to my carry. (will switch between the 19 and p229)...Guess what I am trying to say is don't say NO to something until you have tried it and know for sure it will not work for you. I think if she tried a 2022 the trigger and smoothness of the gun outweighs a little weight difference. Just my .02 cents, hope it made since and helps with her choice.

Edit: I also have a question on how she is carrying? In my experience carrying IWB guns that are different in weights don't make too much of a difference in comfort. But that might just be me and is why I am curious.
View Quote
She actually started light with a G19, then G26, then up to a G21SF, then G30S, then back to G26, G43, then G26 again.  She carries various ways depending on what the day holds, never IWB though.  She has just decided weight wise the G26 is at a sweet spot.  Otherwise she does appreciate the triggers on our larger Sigs, HKs and CZs and obviously our 1911s.  But she is hoping to find a nicer trigger, better ergonomics etc in a lighter gun than our full size/compacts.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:40:51 PM EDT
[#25]
CZ P01, hands down.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:41:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm in a little bit of the same situation with right now.  I like a lot of things about my G26.  BUT, it has been bonking me with brass to the face last round of a mag.  I have to double check and see if it's just range ammo or if it's my carry ammo too.  If it's just range ammo, then I'm fine with that.  But if my carry ammo does it, I'm not so sure I like the idea of hot brass landing near my eyeballs in a Self Defense situation.  

So my brain has been like, hmmmmmm.....

I think you open your options up a bit more if you go DAO too.  If she's OK with DA/SA she might be OK with DAO.  

The two that pop into my head right off the bad, that may or may not meet the requirements are a Kahr of some flavor, and a P224.  Or a P2000sk.  

Although it looks like they may not be making the 224 any longer.  I can't find it on their sight.  It may have been too heavy anyways....

With the kahr you give up some capacity because of single stack.  But the ones in similar size as the G26 will be lighter and I think a bit thinner.  

http://hk-usa.com/hk-models/p2000-sk/

http://www.kahr.com/Pistols/Kahr-CM9-Armor-Black.asp

Then of course there is the shield.  Or yeah, the M&P 9c.  I almost bought either one of those when the G26 came along used at a good deal.  

You could put a smooth trigger on the G26.  I've been debating about that.  Although the serrated trigger only bothers me when I'm shooting in the cold.  But I've been trying to get my kids and wife to step up to 9mm and I think they won't be happy about what that trigger does to your finger when shooting.
View Quote
Her preference would be DA/SA over DAO, but it isn't out of the question.

However, No Kahr.  Not ever.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:47:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's pretty easy to put a Ghost Rocket in a Glock and lightly polish the internals for a much better trigger pull w/ no reset.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:03:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Sig P239 or P224
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:07:53 PM EDT
[#29]
S&W CS9
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:20:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It's pretty easy to put a Ghost Rocket in a Glock and lightly polish the internals for a much better trigger pull w/ no reset.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea it's better than a stock Glock but it's still not as nice as a hammer gun.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:02:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Can I just say, I'm pretty freaking impressed with your wife.  

I don't own a Kahr, so I'm not going to flame.  But can I ask why?  I've got a friend who carries one quite a bit and another that did carry one.   I kind of like how their trigger is like a DA revolver but lighter than most revolvers.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:04:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Can I just say, I'm pretty freaking impressed with your wife.  

I don't own a Kahr, so I'm not going to flame.  But can I ask why?  I've got a friend who carries one quite a bit and another that did carry one.   I kind of like how their trigger is like a DA revolver but lighter than most revolvers.
View Quote
Thanks.  She gets that a fair bit.

Won't support Kook Jin Moon.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:08:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Either I wasn't clear enough in my opening post, or it was too long and people didn't bother reading. I will try to lay out her likes and dislikes more fully and succinctly with lists.  The G26 is great gun in many regards but that does not make it the best.

Glock pros by which she will compare others:
accurate point and shoot ability
easy racking
capacity
light weight
no manual safety
sights

Glock shortfalls:
Trigger crappy feeling
trigger blade
action   (while not "bad," she does appreciate or even prefer DA/SA, heavy first pull, lighter follow ups)
ergonomics   (side by side with our VP9, PPQ and P320 the Glock finishes a distant last every time)
square/blocky boring overall appearance   (yes it is a tool and needs to function well more than look good, but why not have both if you can?)

I am not retrofitting the Glocks to make them better when there may already be better options out there.

I am not saying she has to pick any one gun in particular; she has been shooting for many years and can pick her own.  She is a very strong and independent woman.  I am helping her get ideas because right now she is buried in tax season and she appreciates the help with suggestions.  We are due for renewing our carry licenses this year, perhaps that is why she is reassessing now.  For the last five years the Glock has been the easy, familiar choice.  

We will go to a range and she can compare side by side.  But frankly, we can't rent from the range because all they have is limited selection of the most popular stuff to appeal to the masses and we have tried it and if it was any good, we already have it.  At this point we will probably need to buy others for her to try or borrow as able from our FFL or friends that have them. And of course she will need to train with any new gun she picks up for regular carry.  She always trains with her carry gun when we go to the range for at least part of the time.  Every trip.

At the end of her reassessment if the Glock is what she still wants, great, then she has reconfirmed it is still the best for her.  Just looking for suggestions to try. I put this request out there because without even knowing it I am probably applying my own biases to the suggestions.  For instance, never been a huge Beretta handgun fan, so I completely forgot about the PX4 as has been suggested already.  So hopefully the hive here can provide other options for her to consider or insight on pros and cons of the ones already listed.

Our short list is comprised of guns she thinks will have a good chance based on similar ones in our collection that she already knows she likes.  However I do not know any ranges around us that have a P99c or P30SK to try.  Same thing for anything CZ.  Reason for me to put them in our collection as well even if she doesn't end up carrying them

And yes spydercomonkey, the P99c is a front runner because it seems to embody everything she likes and addresses the G26 shortfalls.  She loves our PPQ and likes that the P99c has DA/SA action while still being streamlined like a typical striker fired gun (i.e. no exposed hammer or extended beaver tail sticking out to catch when drawing). It is the only one we know of lighter than the G26, even if just barely.  They even have a rear U sight for it apparently.  That one has been ordered.  If she doesn't end up liking it, I had wanted a P99 for the collection anyways.  She really likes our P-01, so I can suggest the Rami too, but it weighs the same unloaded as the G26 weighs loaded.
View Quote
You can get the Zev trigger spring upgrade for around $30 bucks. Makes a world of difference on a Glock trigger. Don't need to change out the trigger, just spring and disconnector.

I love my Glock's, but the factory trigger sucks bad. An aftermarket spring kit really improves them a lot.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:19:35 AM EDT
[#34]
I would let go of the 10 round minimum requirement and go sig 239 or a smith 3913. Also smith 69 series gives you the over ten rounds but a bit bricky. I carry a revolver and many people carry single stacks like the glock 43 and shield so I am not sure what the deal is with the demand for capacity?
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 1:39:46 AM EDT
[#35]
If she likes the pointing of the Glock, only thing that'll match that is the Steyr.

I'll throw out the P320SC. Grips aren't much better than Glock, but better. Double stack, no trigger dingus, and the trigger is heavy enough to feel comfortable holstering, but not too heavy to disrupt shooting. Should be fairly light, but I'd expect heavier than a 26.

Another SIG option would be the P224, but 1) I wouldn't recommend personally, 2) if you do, only do 9mm...timing issues with the .40, and 3) they're discontinued, if I'm not mistaken.

I recently shot the FNS, which I think might have been the first FN pistol for me. I was pleasantly surprised. Maybe check some of their offerings.

Side note: makes me smile that I'm not the only one that won't buy a moonie gun.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:41:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Any experience on whether my PPQ M1 mags will work in the P99c AS?
View Quote
I've got a P99 and P99c, and the PPQ M1 mags are identical to P99 mags (except the floor plate, which says PPQ instead of P99 )

I use both P99 marked mags and PPQ marked mags interchangeably...

And yeah, another vote for the P99c. The P99 series is very underrated. If you want to lighten the DA pull a bit you can replace the factory striker spring with a Glock 6.5lb XP striker spring (the spring / striker takes down identically to a glock). 6lb is also doable but lighter than that gets reports of light firing pin strikes on primers, and even the 6lb spring might not reliably ignite really hard euro primers; be sure to test your preferred ammo if you go that route before carrying it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:37:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I use both P99 marked mags and PPQ marked mags interchangeably...
View Quote
Thank you.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:23:04 AM EDT
[#38]
CZ Rami D Model?
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:42:12 AM EDT
[#39]
The Walther was the first one that came to my mind.

Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:52:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Better than some.  Worse than others.   I figured it was worth tossing out if a Glock 26 was the standard others were being judged against.  Spend $25, put in a Ghost Rocket and polish the internals lightly then decide if it's worth changing.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:59:40 AM EDT
[#41]
No decocker, but it is partially cocked. Although, the hammer is actually down.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:24:14 PM EDT
[#42]
P2000SK

P290 Sig
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:36:26 PM EDT
[#43]
I have went from GLOCK to HK for my plastic carry needs, but still keep GLOCKs around.

The GLOCK 26 is a fine carry gun, nothing at all wrong with it.

Then again, most of your suggested pistols are pretty good firearms, at least the ones I am familiar with. Decisions!
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 1:39:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Here you go.  P2000SK in TDA without a safety. (V3)  Same internals as P30.  I prefer the less abrasive grip for CCW.  $550 at CDNN.  Doubt you'll find them new cheaper.  If you really wanted you could convert to LEM.  Not authorized by HK but easy enough. You can keep or leave the decocker. If I wasn't so fond of the P2000 I'd own one.  Just don't see it as that much smaller to make enough difference for me.

P2000SK at CDNN
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 1:58:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
the built in "safety" of a DA trigger
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 2:46:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think he was referring too the ability to hold your thumb on the hammer, so when you go to holster if it snags you can feel it?

Also there is a new product for Glock that makes them work the same way,Example in thread
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 2:58:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 3:11:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
https://www.sigsauer.com/store/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/1800x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/2/2/225-classic.jpg

CALIBER - 9mm Luger
ACTION TYPE - Semi-Auto
FRAME SIZE - Compact
FRAME FINISH - Hard Coat Anodized
FRAME MATERIAL - Alloy
SLIDE FINISH - Nitron
SLIDE MATERIAL - Stainless Steel
ACCESSORY RAIL - N/A
TRIGGER - DA/SATRIGGER PULL DA - 10 lb (44 N)
TRIGGER PULL SA - 4.4 lb (20 N)
BARREL LENGTH - 3.6 in (91 mm) , 4.4 in (112 mm)
OVERALL LENGTH - 6.9 in (175 mm) - 7.5 in (191 mm)
OVERALL WIDTH - 1.26 in (32 mm)HEIGHT - 5.2 in (132 mm)WEIGHT - 30.5 oz (865 g) - 30.9 oz (876 g)
DetailsThe P225-A1 retains the exceptional look and feel of the original P225, but features an enhanced trigger and the precision manufacturing and quality from the state-of-the-art SIG SAUER facility. The P225-A1 is a single-stack 9mm pistol with the time-tested double-action/single-actiontrigger system. A fully machined stainless steel slide is finished in the durable Nitron finish. A hard coat anodized frame sports wood grips with the SIG mark medallion. With a lineage as the long-time handgun of the West German police, and a popular concealed carry option in the American market, the P225-A1 is a time-tested performer. The slim slide profile and shorter barrel length is easy to carry yet retains the familiar controls of its full-size batterymate the P226. Featuring the accuracy, reliability and durability of all SIG SAUER products, the P225-A1 combines the elements of the company's history with the cutting-edge manufacturing of modern day SIG.
View Quote
These are more of a single stack compact than a subcompact. It's the practically the same size as a 229 besides width.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 3:16:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is inherently more difficult to move a DA trigger than a Glock trigger on  "accident".

I know, I know, your finger needs to be on the trigger for bad shit to happen and a good holster, the right training and reinforcement of proper trigger discipline eliminates the need for safeties and DA triggers, but you need to be comfortable with your gun first and foremost or else you won't carry it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 3:20:39 PM EDT
[#50]
HK is your best option for a DA/SA. Still uses a polymer frame to keep it light. The P30SK is about the same size as the Glock 26. I also really like the LEM trigger, it's a very light double action only trigger. Next best thing to a Glock if you ask me. For me I prefer the Glock 19 size, so I'd go with the HK P2000 LEM. 
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top