Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2017 11:54:35 AM EDT
Anyone know when, or if, these will be made available? I know they had the front falling off issue, and contracts to fulfill, which probably setback the release to the public. The lack of finger grooves as well as the upgraded finish really have me wanting one.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 12:09:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I know they had the front falling off issue,
View Quote
Yeah, that's not very typical, I'd like to make that point.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 12:38:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Hopefully for civilians by next year when I get my next blue label coupon.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 4:43:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Vickers said the rumor is they will show up at this years NRA show as the Gen-5
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 6:15:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm actually looking forward to these. I was meh on the Gen4, and don't own one, but what I've seen of the M...   Do want.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 9:44:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I've heard this from a good source also, can't wait!
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 9:51:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On a somewhat related note, you said a reliable source informed you about upcoming changes to the USP. At the time, you said you didn't have details.

If you have heard anything since, I would happily accept a PM (if it's still top secret).
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 9:57:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

On a somewhat related note, you said a reliable source informed you about upcoming changes to the USP. At the time, you said you didn't have details.

If you have heard anything since, I would happily accept a PM (if it's still top secret).
View Quote

This source is MORE reliable, and I'll PM you
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 10:07:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 12:33:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'd love to know too...
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 8:26:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'd love to know too...
View Quote

Very high volume dealer here in GA told me about the 42/3 before they were announced(not by model name). At that time he said the bigger guns without finger grooves were in the works...Been a while but he says they're coming!
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 12:21:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I can't wait for the Gen5's to come out and I'm so glad Glock is finally dropping the finger grooves.

That said, I will wait for the initial rush to die down and for the prices settle. I'll be happy to let the "I have to be first in line" guys to do the Beta testing
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 12:31:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Only way I'm getting a glock again is if the M comes out. I hate the groves! I will be there to buy a blue on the first batch they get.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 12:37:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'll be happy to let the "I have to be first in line" guys to do the Beta testing
View Quote
I think the FBI and PDs already did some of that for 'em.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:32:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Looking forward to cheap gen 4 trade ins
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:38:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I think the FBI and PDs already did some of that for 'em.  

~Augee
View Quote

Good point
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 11:32:35 PM EDT
[#16]
I like the grooves on the G17 but the G19s don't fit my fingers.  I would consider a G19 if they do these.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 11:41:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I like the grooves on the G17 but the G19s don't fit my fingers.  I would consider a G19 if they do these.
View Quote
They did, but they put that big mag cut out in the bottom of the grip like the Gen 2s had.  Yuk.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 10:00:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I have the same issue. I filed the grooves off my Gen3 G19 but they seem to have changed them somewhat on the Gen4's because I don't have as much issue with them on the Gen4's?

Quoted:
They did, but they put that big mag cut out in the bottom of the grip like the Gen 2s had.  Yuk.
Yeah, I admit I'm not crazy about that detail
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 10:17:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Hopefully they've fixed the BTF issue on the G19m. I do not get why Glock can't/refuses to fix that issue.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 10:24:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
That and from what I understand no parts compatibility with older Glocks.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 10:57:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
That sucks even more than the mag cutout. 

Edit: I just read something about mags being different too, but they didn't mention compatibility. If they aren't backwards compatible, I'm completely out. 
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 11:23:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Whoa, that puts a slight damper on my interest. Means I would wait a bit after general release.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 5:25:10 PM EDT
[#23]
The mags, sights, and a few other things are compatible between gen 5 and all other gens......recoil Springs are compatible between gen 4 and 5 (I think).
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 6:13:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Recoil springs no.  

The M parts are the same design as the 43.  I think they're a definite improvement and don't mind incompatibility with the previous gens at all.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:05:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Recoil springs no.  

The M parts are the same design as the 43.  I think they're a definite improvement and don't mind incompatibility with the previous gens at all.
View Quote
BLOCK is finally updating a gun that has been outdated for years and people are complaining that the parts aren't backwards compatable. Wow. . . New design means NEW designed parts. Potentially on the inside, and hopefully so.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 10:31:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
BLOCK is finally updating a gun that has been outdated for years and people are complaining that the parts aren't backwards compatable. Wow. . . New design means NEW designed parts. Potentially on the inside, and hopefully so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Recoil springs no.  

So true, good point.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 11:50:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

So true, good point.
View Quote
As long as they don't write "GRIP ZONE" in Austrian down the side of it, I might buy one.

Might.

If the mags were compatible that would be nice, but I'm not bitching if new mags are needed.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:42:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Guess I'm an oddball on the M model.  I don't see enough difference over the Gen 4 to be real impressed.  But after I get to hold and shoot one may change my opinion.  Time will tell I guess.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:22:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Guess I'm an oddball on the M model.  I don't see enough difference over the Gen 4 to be real impressed.  But after I get to hold and shoot one may change my opinion.  Time will tell I guess.
View Quote
Other than no finger grooves and a beveled slide, they look the same on the outside.  

The real change is the trigger group, recoil spring, locking block, barrel, firing pin safety, slide lock, slide lock spring,  

The magazines interchange.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:15:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Did they?  I thought I saw pics of the 19m without the mag cutout.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 7:28:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
I think you're right unless more changes have taken place. Last pic I saw the 17 had it, 19 didn't.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:50:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Guess I'm an oddball on the M model.  I don't see enough difference over the Gen 4 to be real impressed.
View Quote
People really, really HATE the damn finger groves.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:16:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup. I'm one of them. I keep wanting to start a "Who's your favorite stippler?" thread but I REALLY don't want it to turn into a "do it yourself" discussion. I bought a G19 with plans to have Polymer Refined fix the factory defect (finger grooves) but he quit the business. FML.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:21:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yup. I'm one of them. I keep wanting to start a "Who's your favorite stippler?" thread but I REALLY don't want it to turn into a "do it yourself" discussion. I bought a G19 with plans to have Polymer Refined fix the factory defect (finger grooves) but he quit the business. FML.
View Quote
Same here. Look into battlecock tactical. Only downside is the wait.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:37:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
So fix it

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 12:06:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I think you're right unless more changes have taken place. Last pic I saw the 17 had it, 19 didn't.
View Quote
I really hope so,  the big cutout really bugs me on my gen 2, and the gen 3 finger grooves actually fit me perfectly (although I'd still rather not have them).  

Not a deal breaker if it does have the cutout, but I'd just prefer it not there.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 4:12:19 AM EDT
[#37]
I got a Gen 4 in the full size 17 a few years back and like it , I have had no problems with it I like the finger groves can live with it . Was going to try this new Glock out but could not wait when I have a gen4 so went with the Sig 320 so far its been flawless .
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 10:55:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
The pictures in this thread and other sources seem to indicate that there are two versions of the 19M out in the wild - both with and without the cutout. Could be that the design has gone through a couple iterations, or it may be that the FBI contract specified certain features that Glock didn't want to put in their production model for other law enforcement agencies.

Seems like moving this thread to the Glock sub-forum would help bring the discussions together.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 8:25:01 PM EDT
[#39]

http://www.coldborecustom.com/Services.html

This guy does excellent work.  Reasonable too.  The finger grooves on the 19 are the only ones that bother me. No problems on my G 27 and G 17.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top