Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2017 12:07:31 PM EDT
With the weather and my busy schedule I've been really struggling to get to the range, once a month as of late. I'm shooting competition starting in May for the first time, a very casual USPSA style league but I'd like to get some good practice in regardless. Does anyone have a good regiment of dry fire practice that they can share? Also, does anyone have any flash games or something off the computer built specifically for dry firing?
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 1:38:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I watch TV and dry fire.  On a big screen it is fun to track moving items and dry fire or watch CNN/MSNBC.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 1:42:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:33:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I watch TV and dry fire.  On a big screen it is fun to track moving items and dry fire or watch CNN/MSNBC.
View Quote

I do this
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:41:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Make sure your gun is unloaded.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:51:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Make sure your gun is unloaded.
View Quote

Too late.

Thanks, I guess I do all this already, no special secret to the art of dry fire I suppose. Except books, have to look into books.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:10:11 AM EDT
[#6]
TR-1 in your avatar... I spent a lot of time doing one shot draws with a reload, over my bed, so the magazines could be retrieved easily... then a series of series of small, and smaller USPSA metric silhouette targets drawn on 3x5 cards to simulate distant targets....strong and weak hand drills... just good muscle memory drills...start with slow but perfect movements.. it is hard to "unlearn" a poor technique

as commented, always check for a loaded pistol... we had a very gifted young shooter that would dry fire 45min a day before school... he put a round in his mother's prized corner cabinet full of good china...
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 12:26:32 PM EDT
[#7]
https://www.amazon.com/DryFire-Reloaded-Ben-Stoeger/dp/1542880246/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489681506&sr=8-1&keywords=ben stoeger&tag=vglnk-c102-20

Buy the Stoeger book.  Best investment in your shooting you'll ever make. 

I'm knocking on the door of production GM due in large part to Ben and his books.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top