Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2017 5:10:59 PM EDT
I found one that Comp-Tac makes that's a "universal" holster for a few different brand handguns. They make three different models and this is their QI version in size 2. If a perfect fit is 100% then the Rex Zero has a 95% fit in this holster. It has a very nice and solid snap as it is put in the holster yet pulls out nice. The gun really does feel good in the holster. I cut a little less than an 1/8" off of each spacer and it really helped with the fitting. I'm going to hit it with the sander to make the end of the holster a little more compact.

I'm thinking I should have ordered the OWB version. That's a big gun to stick in your pants.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

UPDATE # 2: After sanding

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 8:36:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
It should be in tomorrow, or the next day at the latest.

I noticed K-var has two or three different holsters for it. I was just looking around to see what other companies offer a holster made for the Zero 1.
View Quote

Hello,

I am not sure about other companies making dedicated holsters for the REX Zero 1S (yet), however I can tell you that the BlackHawk Serpa holster made for the SIG 2022 fits the REX Zero 1 LIKE A GLOVE. I've used the gun and holster together for close to a year now, and I swear it is almost like the thing was made for the REX specifically (it wasn't, obviously). The retention is perfect and solid yet no problems or drag upon activating the release and drawing the gun from the holster. Not sure if SERPAs are your thing or not, but it does fit the gun properly at any rate.

Hopefully there will be some companies soon making holsters specifically for the gun as it rises in popularity.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 6:29:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hello,

I am not sure about other companies making dedicated holsters for the REX Zero 1S (yet), however I can tell you that the BlackHawk Serpa holster made for the SIG 2022 fits the REX Zero 1 LIKE A GLOVE. I've used the gun and holster together for close to a year now, and I swear it is almost like the thing was made for the REX specifically (it wasn't, obviously). The retention is perfect and solid yet no problems or drag upon activating the release and drawing the gun from the holster. Not sure if SERPAs are your thing or not, but it does fit the gun properly at any rate.

Hopefully there will be some companies soon making holsters specifically for the gun as it rises in popularity.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It should be in tomorrow, or the next day at the latest.

I noticed K-var has two or three different holsters for it. I was just looking around to see what other companies offer a holster made for the Zero 1.

Hello,

Thanks for the heads up. I have never used a Serpa holster, never really knew what to think about them, but I'llgive it a try.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:35:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Thanks for the heads up. I have never used a Serpa holster, never really knew what to think about them, but I'llgive it a try.
View Quote

Skip the serpa holster WAY better holsters on the market than those.  Poorly designed holster IMO since you have to put tension in the area of the trigger to unlock the holster.  Lots of NDs over the years because of those and many departments banned them from use by officers.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 12:07:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Skip the serpa holster WAY better holsters on the market than those.  Poorly designed holster IMO since you have to put tension in the area of the trigger to unlock the holster.  Lots of NDs over the years because of those and many departments banned them from use by officers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's kind of why I've never owned one. I didn't know if I was overreacting though.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 2:54:48 PM EDT
[#5]
They always seemed like a good holster to end up getting Glock leg from.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 5:13:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I had to google it to see what you were talking about.  It looks like a Sig P226.  I would try a P226 holster and see if that works.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 6:01:13 PM EDT
[#7]
People might not love 'em, but the Fobus paddle holster for the P-226 fit my CZ999 like a glove.  Since the Rex is a clone of that gun, it should work fine for a cheap option.  If you are looking for something for carry, I'd look into something in leather for an XD or P-Series Sig.
Here is a CZ999 I had in a leather belt slide holster for an XD
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 7:14:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

SERPAs aren't for everybody. People mostly either love them or hate them. The 2022 holster does fit the REX though at any rate.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:40:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like human error not the holster.  LOL
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 9:46:45 PM EDT
[#10]
KVAR sells IWB and OWB holster for the Rex.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 9:47:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Sounds like human error not the holster.  LOL
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 10:09:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Serpa finger/release location

So where do you index your trigger finger when you're not on the trigger?

I do agree there are better holsters out there, but the "ZOMG you're gonna shoot yer leg" comments are pretty funny since this is clearly a training issue if you do it.

ETA2: And everyone knows we all probably shoot more, and are more proficient with our firearms, than most officers.  So officers shooting themselves and blaming it on a holster is like saying water is wet to me.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 8:31:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
The KVAR OWB holster arrived today. I had ordered it before I even started this thread but wanted to know what else was out there..

I've had worse holsters. It takes a bit of work to get the Rex into it and it's a pretty tight. It has to be doing a number on the finish of the gun. I'm going to have to do some modding with a lighter to flare some edges out a little.

I have one of the QI holsters from Comp-tac on order. It should be here by the end of next week.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 9:13:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The KVAR OWB holster arrived today. I had ordered it before I even started this thread but wanted to know what else was out there..

I've had worse holsters. It takes a bit of work to get the Rex into it and it's a pretty tight. It has to be doing a number on the finish of the gun. I'm going to have to do some modding with a lighter to flare some edges out a little.

I have one of the QI holsters from Comp-tac on order. It should be here by the end of next week.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you get the Hogue holster or the first ones they offered?   If the latter I got one of those too and agree that it's not the easiest to insert the pistol and pretty tight.  

I'm waiting for one of the Hogue OWBs to come in with them. I also have a Sig 2011 Serpa that works well for me.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 9:15:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's nothing wrong with the SERPA holster.

Any accidents are operator error and poor training.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:29:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Did you get the Hogue holster or the first ones they offered?   If the latter I got one of those too and agree that it's not the easiest to insert the pistol and pretty tight.  

I'm waiting for one of the Hogue OWBs to come in with them. I also have a Sig 2011 Serpa that works well for me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have one of the kydex pancake style, without the logo poster on it.

I have one of the OWB Comp-Tac Q holsters on order that should hopefully arrive by the end of the week.

I bought an inexpensive but pretty well made sort of universal leather pancake holster from a guy at the gun-show over the weekend. It fits it great. My P226 wiggles around in it a bit.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:52:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Update in OP.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:59:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks for the Update!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top