Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2017 10:40:58 AM EDT
I'm looking to pick a set up for my HK VP9. One gripe I have about DP's website is that they don't give you the sight picture of their sights. I was wondering if anybody had a sight picture of one of their tritium front sights with a blacked out rear sight, preferably one with a notch .135" wide. Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:00:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Are there instructions anywhere on how to post pics?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:27:03 AM EDT
[#2]
By the way I think they are great and have them on a number of my guns. The pics I happen to have already on my phone are of a thinner front post (.100 I believe).
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:02:18 PM EDT
[#3]
That would necessarily vary with the slide length, gun model, etc.  Nobody is going to bother to do all that work.   You may get people to post specific photos of their guns and sight setups though.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:11:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I got a FO front from them, but for a para.  They were very upfront about it being a "challenge "  for a diy install.  They were correct, I budgeted a six pack, and it took a 12.  The para dovetail was about 5 degrees off what the new blade was.  They told me that upfront tho.

Good luck in your search.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:12:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Dawson sights are awesome.  I even ordered a custom front sight that is not in their standard catalog for my Les Baer...had it in my hands 2 weeks later.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 3:53:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Dawson is making a great name for themselves as a purveyor of sights for all guns and sight cuts.   I have bought dozens of sights from them and have a pleasing collection of their little aluminum sight drifts.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:17:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Here's a quick pic of my G43 that I snapped with my iPhone. I couldn't focus on the front sight so it's a bit fuzzy and it's actually a bit larger than it is represented in this image. But looking at it live, there is still some space on both sides of the front sight. I like it a lot. My only worry is that the front sight is rather long and I fear it will snag on something and get torqued to one side. It's loctited on and it hasn't happened yet with daily carry now going on a year so maybe I just worry too much.

posted image
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 4:49:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here's a quick pic of my G43 that I snapped with my iPhone. I couldn't focus on the front sight so it's a bit fuzzy and it's actually a bit larger than it is represented in this image. But looking at it live, there is still some space on both sides of the front sight. I like it a lot. My only worry is that the front sight is rather long and I fear it will snag on something and get torqued to one side. It's loctited on and it hasn't happened yet with daily carry now going on a year so maybe I just worry too much.

posted image
View Quote

No worries.

I run the same front sight and have not had a single issue!
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:05:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Blacked out rear,  .125, fiber front,  .100, on a p226.  It's great.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:51:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes on all of my carry guns.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 6:57:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I have their fo on an Officers model and tritium on an STI...
Great sights.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top