Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2017 10:04:17 AM EDT
I've ordered an RMR 06 and it should arrive any day now. I'd like to have my Glock 17 milled for the RMR. I have one general question about the process: is it better to have the optic in front of or behind the rear sight, and why? 

On to the main question, where should I send it? I have been looking closely at Jaegerwerks and Primary Machine. Both are pretty similar in cost. I've seen a few recommendations for both in archive posts, but can't find a whole lot of info on them. Are there other "budget" companies I should consider with reasonable turn around times? I know the main place is ATEI, but I'm on a budget and I'd prefer to have it back sooner than one month. 
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 10:22:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I just sent mine off to J and L Machining Works yesterday.  Their prices are really reasonable, and from what I have seen, their work is too notch.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 10:23:20 AM EDT
[#2]
You shouldn't put the word "Budget" and "Milling" in the same sentence.

Go with ATEI and it will be done right.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 12:49:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Primary Machine has a presence here and apparently does good work.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 1:04:34 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 

Doug at ATEi started this and the slide serration mods.  All others copy his work.

http://ateiguns.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top