Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 4:20:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Having owned both I prefer the Sig because I shoot it better.  If I could ever find a Small grip module I might shoot it even better.  A higher bore axis places my trigger finger more inline with the trigger, so I may be getting a straighter pull.  Some guns like the XDS I sold forced my trigger finger to point downward in an awkward way.

Stock 320 trigger felt just as good as my Zev equipped Glock.  After putting on a flat Apex trigger it feels better.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:47:33 AM EDT
[#2]
How easy/hard is it to conceal the p320. Is there much of a difference if at all compared to a 19? Especially in the appendix position?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:02:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:14:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I like the 320 better, but the G19 kills everyone as far as carry size and capacity. So, I'll go with G19 if I carry one, and 320 as a range toy/home defense.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:59:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got 3 - an early one, one made about a year ago, and one made last month (the one made Jan 2017 is in .45acp) - all 3 have way better triggers than any of my glocks, including the 2016 made one which has the double-click issue when dry firing.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How easy/hard is it to conceal the p320. Is there much of a difference if at all compared to a 19? Especially in the appendix position?
View Quote

It disappears AIWB, even better than a G19 for me...but that might be the holster too. I use JM Custom Kydex AIWB wing claw holsters. My G19 one has belt loops, and the P320 one has the big single claw and I think the big single claw hides way better than the two loop straps...
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:43:33 AM EDT
[#6]
have had a p320 for about 2 years now

its got a really nice stock trigger but its too damn big for the capacity.

glock 19 gets grabbed every time i go somewhere, p320 is stuck on guard duty on the night stand.

its a nice gun and if concealment wasnt an issue then it really is too close to call for me.

ONLY thing i really dont like about the p320 is the takedown lever slaps my thumb
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 5:41:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Had both and sold the 320. Kept the 19 and replaced the Sig with another 19
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:13:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
ONLY thing i really dont like about the p320 is the takedown lever slaps my thumb
View Quote

Get to topgunsupply and order the new rev of the takedown lever. It's flat and doesn't smack the thumb anymore. You'll probably also want another o-ring for it, unless you're sure you can remove the one on your existing lever and transplant it without damaging it
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 6:08:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Get to topgunsupply and order the new rev of the takedown lever. It's flat and doesn't smack the thumb anymore. You'll probably also want another o-ring for it, unless you're sure you can remove the one on your existing lever and transplant it without damaging it
View Quote

if something is breakable....i can find a way to do it.

ive had the new lever on email notification from TGS for a while now, no supply =\
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 9:37:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Glock.

Once you get used to shooting one well, you can pick up any other Glock off the shelf and do the same. A Glock is a Glock is a Glock.

...did I say Glock enough in this post?  Geezzz
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 1:17:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Glock is smaller and lighter, one of the cons of the 320c is that the high bore axis adds about 1/2'' more height to the gun. It depends on how you carry. If you wear even modestly tight or fitted clothing the 19 will be easier to conceal.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 10:48:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 11:04:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 11:46:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 1:10:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Having owned both I prefer the Sig because I shoot it better.  If I could ever find a Small grip module I might shoot it even better.  A higher bore axis places my trigger finger more inline with the trigger, so I may be getting a straighter pull.  Some guns like the XDS I sold forced my trigger finger to point downward in an awkward way.

Stock 320 trigger felt just as good as my Zev equipped Glock.  After putting on a flat Apex trigger it feels better.
View Quote

I have this issue with Glocks too.  I carry a G26 quite a bit and I like it a lot.  But Glock frames aren't really the best for my hands.  My trigger finger is either dragging on the upper side or on the inside, bottom of the trigger guard.  But there's no way I'm getting my trigger finger in there without it touching the frame.  And I'm skinny.  It's just how my finger is shaped.  And the fact that there isn't a whole lot of room in there.  

And also, I get brass to the face, only on the last round of a mag.  So I know it's not my grip.  I'm trying to decide if I want to do something about it or not.......

With that said, I like my G26 a lot.  But I was open to other guns.  I nearly bought a S&W M&P compact but I got a good deal on the 26.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 8:51:23 AM EDT
[#16]
I own several 19's and a 320 compact and subcompact.  Shooting the C against the 19, and the SC against my 26 I always shoot better with the Sigs.  Hands down, every time.  

Unfortunately, our department issues Glock's and I have no choice in the matter.  I'm a Glock armorer for my dept, and I've been using them since 1999.  Where Glock wins is the aftermarket support, and the factory parts prices.  I really don't think anyone can compete with those right now.  

I can shoot my Glock's well enough, but I simply shoot the P320's better, much easier.  If I had my choice, I'd carry the 320's over the Glock's.  If anything in the market right now could gain ground on Glock, I firmly believe that the 320 series is the pistol to do it.  

Truly though, both are fantastic weapons.  Both serve their roles quite well, and we are blessed to be in an age of such wonderful choices.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 8:59:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

And I believe the FBI
View Quote

And Ranger Batt and SF and CAG. The guys who are most likely to NEED a handgun choose Glock.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 9:34:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Have you held a 320 and a 19 side by side?

They are almost identical. The practical size difference is negligible.  

They both have 15-round factory magazines, so capacity is EQUAL, and size difference is virtually EQUAL.

I own both, and have held them next to each other, and put each in virtually identical size IWB carry holsters.
View Quote

I own both. A 320c in FDE, and G19 Talo Edition. The G19 is smaller, slimmer, and easier to carry, while holding 15rds. I didn't say the 320 is massive. But they're not the same size. If you think they're the same size, you should get your eyes checked. In this segment the size difference is going to be minimal. But, it's enough for me to go with the smallest gun possible, with the same capacity. I have yet to find a gun with better dimensions than the G19. And, I'm not even a Glock fan to be honest.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 11:01:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I own both. A 320c in FDE, and G19 Talo Edition. The G19 is smaller, slimmer, and easier to carry, while holding 15rds. I didn't say the 320 is massive. But they're not the same size. If you think they're the same size, you should get your eyes checked. In this segment the size difference is going to be minimal. But, it's enough for me to go with the smallest gun possible, with the same capacity. I have yet to find a gun with better dimensions than the G19. And, I'm not even a Glock fan to be honest.
View Quote

They're fairly close to the same size but yeah the 19 is slimmer and smaller. However I also find it a lot easier to make quick shots with a high percentage hit rate with a 320 vs a 19...for some reason the 19 takes a lot more effort for me to shoot well while the 320 is almost like cheating.

That's more than enough tradeoff for me...
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 12:06:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

They're fairly close to the same size but yeah the 19 is slimmer and smaller. However I also find it a lot easier to make quick shots with a high percentage hit rate with a 320 vs a 19...for some reason the 19 takes a lot more effort for me to shoot well while the 320 is almost like cheating.

That's more than enough tradeoff for me...
View Quote

That's why I said I prefer to shoot the P320,  and carry the G19. The 320 feels better in the hand, has better sights, and much nicer trigger.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 12:10:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Believe it or not my P320 hides on me better than my G19

320 Full size (with compact grip module) in a JM Custom Kydex AIWB w/wing vs G19 in the same holster; only differences are the G19's holster is shorter and it has belt loops instead of the big belt claw. The length of the slide/holster for the 320 full size pushes it into me more making it a lot less visible. The short length of the G19 holster means the top sticks out more.

Oh, and I'm fat I'd wager a G17 or G34 holster would probably cure that issue...
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 8:47:11 PM EDT
[#22]
My wife has a G19 and I have a P320C.  Both shoot fine; the Sig fits my hand a bit better and the trigger is better.  I just wish I could tweak the physical shape of the trigger a bit--the stock one curls forward too much at the bottom, and the Apex trigger shoots better but gives me a bit of trigger slap.  True, there is a much wider variety of aftermarket parts and holsters and other accessories for the Glock.  

Both are very nearly the same size and I don't think there's any difference in the concealability.  I may pick up a single-stack 9mm in the future for those occasions where the P320 is too big but for now it's fine.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 9:08:49 PM EDT
[#23]
It will be a GLORIOUS day when TAPCO introduces their line of Sig 320 frames in various & sundry colors and configurations.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 10:02:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It will be a GLORIOUS day when Magpul introduces their line of Sig 320 frames in various & sundry colors and configurations.
View Quote

Fixed it for you
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 10:41:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Glock 19 is better, it's the original good striker fired plastic gun, reliable and durable and very light and compact and easy to carry and shoot.

Sig 320 is just a striker fired version of their crappy 250 model, bleh... I guess it works ok. But not as durable, seen some break. And I don't care for the higher bore axis. Also it's a larger gun, so not as easy to conceal. It's not for me.

Now the S&W M&P9C would be a good second choice next to the Glock. Smaller and better ergos, but it only holds 12 rounds. APEX trigger is the best striker fired trigger I've tried to date. Sights are metal instead of plastic, but I'd still replace them with night sights. 

Link Posted: 3/7/2017 10:52:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Glock 19 is better, it's the original good striker fired plastic gun, reliable and durable and very light and compact and easy to carry and shoot.

Sig 320 is just a striker fired version of their crappy 250 model, bleh... I guess it works ok. But not as durable, seen some break. And I don't care for the higher bore axis. Also it's a larger gun, so not as easy to conceal. It's not for me.

Now the S&W M&P9C would be a good second choice next to the Glock. Smaller and better ergos, but it only holds 12 rounds. APEX trigger is the best striker fired trigger I've tried to date. Sights are metal instead of plastic, but I'd still replace them with night sights. 

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/8/2017 2:04:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Glock 19.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 2:33:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Sig by a mile
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top