Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:41:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In the "Other" category here in handguns a user posted a link to another
forum where the user replaced his adjustable rear sight for a fixed rear sight using M&P rear sight.
look for the link K2 Rear sight swap.
Sarsilmaz SAR K2.45 acp
View Quote
Thanks again.

The M&P rear sight is not a directly interchangeable sight.  I spent an hour filing and stoning to get the 10-8 rear sight to fit.  I'll shoot ASAP, but like it better already.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:34:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I just picked up a Para 14-45 at the gunshow.  Shot it last night.  It will be a great addition to the pile.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:09:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I know you're not interested in a Glock 21 but I'd  vote G41. No bigger than a 1911 but holds 13+1.
Mine below is my most accurate Glock.

Link Posted: 4/7/2017 7:21:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Bumping this one for more interest.  Also, anyone have experience with the Springfield Xd Mod.2?  Considering the tactical model for the longer barrel.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 11:03:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I really like my Wilson Combat KZ 45.

They don't make them anymore. I actually like the grip shape and the reloads are quick due to the magazine taper and the nicely flared grip (kinda like a built-in magwell)

The mags are 10 rounders though.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 4:13:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Don't they have adjustable sights?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mine shoots a inch to 2 inches or more left depending on the range.  That's about the only thing I don't like about it.  Ergonomics are awesome.  SA trigger is really nice.

Don't they have adjustable sights?
They do, and I had to move the rear site over quite a bit to get it shooting straight.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 4:38:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thanks again.

The M&P rear sight is not a directly interchangeable sight.  I spent an hour filing and stoning to get the 10-8 rear sight to fit.  I'll shoot ASAP, but like it better already.
View Quote
It took me over an hour to file my 10-8 sight on my M&P, just the way they are.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 1:06:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Not to unnecessarily bump an almost dead thread, but wanted to further this discussion a bit.  Given SA's recent transgressions...I'm less interested in their products.  So, that's got me looking more into the M&P 2.0 and the Glock 21.  Both have their merits, but I'm interested in seeing what the hive thinks.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 5:58:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Another vote for the SAR K2 45, mine has been flawless and very accurate. $370 at CDNN is a screaming deal for what you get and Mec-Gar mags can be had for $25 all day.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/268703/IMG-1210-146225.JPG
View Quote
CZ-75 types:  CZ itself makes the 97B; have had one for over 10 years and it's a tack-driver!  It is NOT "too big" - it only feels that way in the gun store; take it out and shoot it and you'll see.

The 75 clones include the SAR and other Turkish guns, plus the IMI / IWI - Isreal made guns.  They tend to have smaller grips than the 97B.  And the Italian made Tanfoglios of course.

1911 "widebody" guns come in every price range from $500 Philippino bargain basements to $1000+ Paras to $2000+ STI / SV / SPS "2011s". I prefer 75s, personally.

The Smith and Wesson M&P 45 is an excellent choice.  It's one of the smallest grip frame 45s.

The gen3 Smiths in 45 have gone way way up in price.

The HKs are OK - but just too huge IMHO. And overpriced for what they do.

Started carrying a G30S recently; I really like it so far.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 9:04:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I really like my Wilson Combat KZ 45.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q10/jotads/_MG_0017_zps600fd3bd.jpg

They don't make them anymore. I actually like the grip shape and the reloads are quick due to the magazine taper and the nicely flared grip (kinda like a built-in magwell)

The mags are 10 rounders though.
View Quote
Can't believe these did not take off. 10  rds in a slightly wider grip.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 9:50:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The first handgun I looked at was a Springfield GI hi cap 1911. That thing fit my hand perfect.

Then I found out this state required a special note to purchase a handgun. Still want something like it.
View Quote
you mean like from your mommy. I've bought lots of handguns in this state, never needed a note.

Now if you mean a permit to purchase, well yeah, thats a requirement.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 9:54:59 PM EDT
[#12]
K2? Been giving one a lot of thought lately.

edit.............Ha, I see it is and that this thread turned into a k2 discussion.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 10:21:49 AM EDT
[#13]
I've had a few double-stack 45s over the years...

XD 45 - big, huge gun. Not terrible to shoot but it was Mk23 big.  Sold it.
M&P 45 - Also a fairly big gun, but it shot really well, especially with an Apex kit in it. Mine had the external thumb safety...which would flip off from a seatbelt, or cover garment movement, or while walking, or... anyway - sold it.
HK45c - compact, only 8 rounds, a joy to carry but I struggle to shoot it well, after years of trying...it's just not for me. It's a shame too; it's the right size.
HK USP 45 - big gun, shoots well, not the most ergonomic...but it just works. I'm on my second one now, I'll probably keep this one.
Sig P320 - Same size as the 9mm guns (slide is a little wider but that's about it). Shoots great. Shit support at the moment (Sig hasen't released the gen 2 grip modules for it yet, not that I can find anyway, no threaded/compact barrels, etc) but that will probably change. Shoots great.

Right now I'm looking at a Sig P227 tac, but I'm still trying to justify it to myself...so far the only quasi-justification I can come up with is "it has a threaded barrel and suppressor height sights from the factory", but everything else about it has me wondering if it's worth the price tag.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 2:51:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Those are good justifications.  At least to my mind.  I can never really justify that next purchase very well.  Doesn't seem to stop me though.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 4:56:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
No love for the S&W M&P 45acp?  Love mine, it's been flawless.
View Quote
   Yup! I never thought I could like a .45 that wasn't a 1911 but after handling the M&P at the gun store I was in love. Mine has been 100% reliable no matter what kind of ammo I feed it.

It's the pistol I grab when the weather is crappy or I know that I'm going to be in mud or whatever, The M&P just shrugs that stuff off and there's no nice finish to worry about screwing up.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:33:42 AM EDT
[#16]
FN FNX 45 Tactical! That is my go to handgun at home and when I travel.

Link Posted: 5/19/2017 4:45:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
FN FNX 45 Tactical! That is my go to handgun at home and when I travel.
View Quote
That's a nice looking gun.  I would need to fondle one to get a feel for it as I've zero experience with the brand.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 5:13:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Sounds like the OP is all set but for other folks here is my two cents.

I own two Colt single stacks , a full sized that I fitted a Ed Brown barrel to and had a guy do the trigger , sights and oversize backstrap/grip safety.The second one is a Officers model that has had some trigger work done.

I shoot them both pretty well and have had them for years . The full size got heavy use when I was doing IPSIC

I had shot double stack 1911s but they never did much for me.

Some time back I entered into a multi gun trade with a guy and he insisted on tossing a G30 (standard not S) into the mix. Wasn't crazy about it but overall the deal was good and I wanted the other guns in the deal.

Darn thing felt like I was holding a brick and I expected it to twist and snap with full power ammo due to it's size.
Wrong! Still felt odd as hell but it shot very very well for me.

For me at least the G30 isn't at all what I expected by a fair margin . One of those guns that has to be tried to get a real feel
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 5:26:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Well DAMN!!!

I'm perfectly happy with my old Colt Series 70 Gov't Model 45, but after reading this thread, I'm wanting an SAR K2.

I recently bought an new SAR B6P and have been very, very pleased with it. So much so in fact that I went on the search for a used one and found one for <$200.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 7:44:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_36/169020_Sarsilmaz-SAR-K2--45-acp.html

Might be worth a look, depending on what you want.
View Quote
Not overly fond of the rear sight, that is the worst thing I can find to say about it. Shoots good, price is right, mags are available. My current bedside gun. I will probably get a stronger recoil spring soon. Not overly fond of lead semi-wadcutters. Ranger T, gold dots and hydroshocks feed fine.

The recommend avoiding +p loads. No regrets buying it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 7:54:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Currently leaning towards grabbing the Walther PPQ 45.  Gave some thought to the FNX 45 Tactical but the price was a bit of a downside.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:38:23 PM EDT
[#22]
right now, I have the clock gen 4 21, hk mark 23 and hk 45c. Plus about 5 1911's.
In the double stack- the 45c is my favorite all around gun. The m23 is awesome at the range/home d. gun and the clock just works well also and they are inexpensive. i am not selling any of them.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top