Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 4:33:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This definitely isn't for carry.  Not interested in the guns that hold 10 in the mag...I get that with a single stack 1911 and a CMC mag.

That SAR K2 looks interesting, and the price is good...
View Quote

I'm so happy to read this.  I too HATE 10 round .45's. 12 is kinda small.  I'm so mad at Sig for their 320 .45 being a duckbilled platypus of a gun.

FNX is on my list, Walther PPQ, and maybe the new Remington polymer in .45 as well.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:32:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Another vote for the SAR K2 45, mine has been flawless and very accurate. $370 at CDNN is a screaming deal for what you get and Mec-Gar mags can be had for $25 all day.
View Quote

Are the Mec-Gar mags actual SAR K2 45 mags? or Para P14 mags? Do they lock the slide to the rear when empty?
How about a link to the mags please.

Respectfully

45BArmorer
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:04:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I found a used SAR K2 at the lgs last fall and was surprised at how comfortable it fit my hand for being a double stacked .45.  But they were wanting ~$425 for it.  Used.

I would probably pick up a new one if I found one for a reasonable price.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:09:09 PM EDT
[#4]
@Bumblebee_Bob
CDNN Sports has them new on sale for $369.89 + approximately $20.00 shipping.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:04:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, I've seen that.  But I really don't want one that bad right now.  Too many irons in the fire taking up my funds right now.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 11:49:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Another vote for the SAR K2. Built like a tank (albeit a bit heavy), reliable, accurate and 14 +1 rounds. It's a helluva .45.

"
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:01:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Striker or hammer?

SA or DA/SA?

Metal or polymer frame? 

Suppressor host?

Red dot?
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:49:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Striker or hammer?

SA or DA/SA?

Metal or polymer frame? 

Suppressor host?

Red dot?
View Quote

.45 ACP doublestack with mags over 10 rounds.  All else is fair game.  The SAR is looking good...  Between that and an XD45 Tactical right now because of the Springfield mag deal...
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 8:18:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I like the 15rd capacity of my FNX45 Tactical but I like everything about my USP45/Tact/Mark 23 better.

I hate the safety/decocker placement on the FNX and some parts of it just don't seem as well made as an HK.  I love that capacity though.  When I carry a .45 it is the fullsize USP, even though it is "just" 12+1
View Quote

That's ironic as HK turned me on to the safety/decocker combination and between the two, I prefer the placement of the FN Tactical.  For whatever reason, it just is more natural and a better feel.  I got to say though that the SAR, for a steel gun, is pretty enticing.  The only comparison is my CZ97 which is a pretty stout beast, but it kind of sucks that for a pistol as large as my FN Tactical, it only has 10 round magazines.  What's nice with the cocked-and-locked feature of some of these SA/DA .45's is that carrying makes them easier for medium sized hands.  

ROCK6
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:33:16 AM EDT
[#10]
My FN has become my EDC. It's an older FNP with a threaded EFK barrel to take care of the unsupported chamber issue of the FNP which is the reason for the FNX line.
It was a little big and heavy at first but now I'm comfortable with it and it really rides just fine. Prints a bit with lighter wear but most people would never notice anyway.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:11:46 AM EDT
[#11]
In for opinions.  I too have been looking for that nightstand, semi-heavy (weight), moderate to high capacity 45.  Obviously reliability is top priority.  Can't have a bump in the night to be followed by click, click, no bang.  Would have to have a rail for streamlight tlr-2g which currently sits on my g19.  Additionally, would like to keep under a grand, but not an absolute requirement.  Buy once, cry once imo.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:45:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 4:49:24 PM EDT
[#13]
For those who have the SAR K2, would you consider it to be a good gun, or just a "good deal"?  Would you buy it for $500-600?
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 5:14:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
For those who have the SAR K2, would you consider it to be a good gun, or just a "good deal"?  Would you buy it for $500-600?
View Quote
Mine shoots a inch to 2 inches or more left depending on the range.  That's about the only thing I don't like about it.  Ergonomics are awesome.  SA trigger is really nice.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 6:43:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I paid $499 when they were first coming available. Obviously I'd have preferred paying these bargain basement prices they can supposedly be had for, but I don't regret it at all. The Turks make good weapons with quality materials, so even at the price I paid I consider it a good deal. It's heavy being all steel, but it's a lot of quality gun for the money. Try to fondle one first if possible, but don't judge the quality by the cost.
I also over paid for a couple extra mags (3 total) at $45. ea., but back then you had to order them direct from EAA, as no one carried them. So yeah, with 2 extra mags I have almost $600 into it. It's been nothing but extremely accurate, reliable, and my only all steel double/single action .45. Great gun for the money.

Here's one last look at it with the 14 rd mag.

"
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:01:21 PM EDT
[#16]
I actually like the thought of all steel.  Would be a nice addition to my above mentioned criteria.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:23:50 PM EDT
[#17]
I have the gen 4 glock 21, the hk45c and a hk mk23.
I like them all for different reasons, the glock gets shot the least.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:26:02 PM EDT
[#18]
My vote is the Walther PPQ45.

Just bought one a few months back and it's taken over my M&P VTACs spot of my goto gun. I'm closing in on 1000 rds, with various brands of ammo,  and zero issues.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:22:02 AM EDT
[#19]
I've had 1911's in 5" and 4", also an XD45c. Ran a Para P16-40 for a while in 3-gun, fun for competing but way to heavy for carry. Mention is is case you are considering a P14

My M&P45c is my current sole 45, reliable and accurate and has an ATEi trigger job (flawless)

Link Posted: 3/8/2017 9:31:40 AM EDT
[#20]
The SAR just is a great gun, period. Even if it went for $500+ as my friend's two tone went for. But at $370, it's just an incredible bargain.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 5:07:20 PM EDT
[#21]
I carried a USP for a while, fantastic handgun with less recoil than a typical 1911.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 6:35:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The SAR just is a great gun, period. Even if it went for $500+ as my friend's two tone went for. But at $370, it's just an incredible bargain.
View Quote

Yep, it's what you seek. Easily a $700 gun had I not known better...Here's my pick!
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 12:03:12 AM EDT
[#23]

Don't own one,  but there was thread on the cz forums recently and concensus was they are good.  CZ97 is another option, but in that same thread some 97 owners said they preferred the K2.
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=85752.0
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 1:26:13 AM EDT
[#24]

This is the correct answer.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 1:29:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_36/169020_Sarsilmaz-SAR-K2--45-acp.html

Might be worth a look, depending on what you want.
View Quote

These are really, really nice guns, especially for $370.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 2:11:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I think I would love everything about this pistol... Except the importer if something breaks...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have the SAR K2 45, a great gun regardless of how cheap it is. I don't have huge hands, but I have no problems shooting it. I had a Witness in .45 that I really liked too.

I think I would love everything about this pistol... Except the importer if something breaks...

I bought a SAR B6Pc from CDNN, it broke in less than 3 boxes of ammo.  Front frame insert.  EAA was not willing to send the replacement part to me, they wanted me to pay to have the gun with less than 200rds thru it sent back for the replacement.  I bought the part, it was $21, and did the work (mostly) myself.  I LOATH the idea of ever having to deal with EAA on a service issue again, but I still want a K2 45 so bad I might break down and buy one anyway.  I sold the one we had in the store to a long time customer who changes out guns more often than most people do socks, and he still has his.  The grip size is very very close to an M9, it feels a million times better than the FNX.

Honestly, if I weren't such a CZ whore, and if it wasn't under $400, I wouldn't consider it.  But I am, and it is, and having handled one extensively, it is a very very nice gun.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 11:34:49 PM EDT
[#27]
My SAR K2 is my favorite range gun.  Extremely accurate and because it weighs a ton, it has minimal recoil.   It is a HEAVY firearm, but I guess that comes with, being built like a TANK.

I've been looking into guys swapping springs and shooting 45 super with good success.       (for those going to complain about the factory recommending no +P loads, it appears that limitation is based on the factory spring being purposefully light, The all forged internals are plenty strong)
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 7:47:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Only thing i dont like about my fnx tac is the grip texture. I think too aggressive.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:17:36 AM EDT
[#29]
The FNX45 is great. It shoots and handles well.
Walther's PPQ45 has a great trigger. Its grip texture seems slippery to me so I put a Talon grip on it, which I'm not wild about but it works.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 11:46:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Here are my .45's OP... The CZ 97B is a solid choice for a Higher-Cap .45... It's 10+1 which I think might fit in your criteria. This pistol, with an $8, 18# recoil spring from Wolff Customs makes for a superb & easy recoiling, highly reliable, sewing machine smooth .45acp. Between the two .45's pictured... the Springfield Champion Operator is my favorite though. If I need to go high cap I've found the CMC power plus mags with a Wolff Customs extra power spring and a polymer follower makes for a 10+1 combo.

Link Posted: 3/14/2017 1:18:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

.45 ACP doublestack with mags over 10 rounds.  All else is fair game.  The SAR is looking good...  Between that and an XD45 Tactical right now because of the Springfield mag deal...
View Quote

Never cared much for XDs. I ordered a SAR K2 that should be in tomorrow!!! DO IT!!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 1:19:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Mine shoots a inch to 2 inches or more left depending on the range.  That's about the only thing I don't like about it.  Ergonomics are awesome.  SA trigger is really nice.
View Quote

Don't they have adjustable sights?
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:13:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Based on this thread I just purchased a SAR K2 from cdnn for $389.63 plus $35 I'll have to pay for the transfer.  

MAGA
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:56:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 3:27:03 AM EDT
[#35]
The two 45acp I use are the Sig220 with 10rd mags...only had it two years and would prefer the SAO but 0 issues so far. I have not tried the 227 yet.

My HK USP45 I have had for about 14 years and have used it as a duty weapon and still do when I wear a duty belt. Mostly I use it for HD with the UTL light attached. 10 or 12rd mags and I think there is after market mags that hold more. I have at least 10k rounds through it with 0 issues.

I love the option of DA/SA or cocked and locked the HK provides.

If I had to chose one HK USP or the Tactical would be at the top of the list.

My brother has the G21 and it hold 13rd mags and if you like Glock you cant go wrong with it
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 8:30:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Based on this thread I just purchased a SAR K2 from cdnn for $389.63 plus $35 I'll have to pay for the transfer.  

MAGA
View Quote
My CDNN showed up at LGS today.  Picked it up and shot 50 rounds of 230 ball.  I thought, hey shoots soft and high.  Got it home and went to adjust the sight.....it's broken.

Like the gun, anybody know of a good rear sight?
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:30:05 PM EDT
[#37]
In the "Other" category here in handguns a user posted a link to another
forum where the user replaced his adjustable rear sight for a fixed rear sight using M&P rear sight.
look for the link K2 Rear sight swap.
Sarsilmaz SAR K2.45 acp
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:58:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
forum where the user replaced his adjustable rear sight for a fixed rear sight using M&P rear sight.
Sarsilmaz SAR K2.45 acp
View Quote
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 9:35:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The Turks make good weapons with quality materials,
View Quote
Really? Are you sure about that?

I don't know squat about this pistol but Turks are not known for "making good weapons". Most of the cheaper shotguns (O\U's and non triple B's semi-autos are made there) and their reputation is not good. Low quality, poorly fitted parts, critical parts not heat treated, etc..

This gun may be the exception but I would never make the blanket statement that "Turks make good weapons" because its simply not true.

Back to the OT...

I have a G21SF that I am very happy with.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 4:12:01 PM EDT
[#40]
More than 10 rounds pretty much rules out the M&P's as they are a 10+1 gun with standard magazines. I had two Glock 21's with Robar reduced grips. I TRIED very hard to shoot them well, too fucking big. Never of a fan of the various 1911 type guns, too much re design for my tastes.....Haven't shot a Glock 41, heard good things. The FN's, CZ and HKs are stupid fucking big and heavy, no way.

I carried an XD Tactical for many years. It ran well and I never had any reliability issues out of it in several classes I ran with it. Shoot mostly 9's these days but would not hesitate to carry the XD again.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 4:21:26 PM EDT
[#41]
I've had my H&K USP since 2005. I really have never shot it much and looking back on it I should have bought something else. I don't think I've shot it all this decade.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 7:46:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Thanks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sarsilmaz SAR K2.45 acp
Thanks
You guys are killing me.  I literally had it in my cart on CDNN and I read this.  And in that other thread someone mentioned that the K2-45 is no longer imported and EAA is no longer selling spare parts...

Anyone know about this?
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 10:45:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You guys are killing me.  I literally had it in my cart on CDNN and I read this.  And in that other thread someone mentioned that the K2-45 is no longer imported and EAA is no longer selling spare parts...

Anyone know about this?
View Quote
I have a sight on the way from brownells, I let you know how the replacement goes.  Just buy the K2, at that price it is worth it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 10:49:00 PM EDT
[#44]
I've read the same thing, but I wouldn't (and didn't) let that stop me from buying the SAR K2 45.
I've read that Sarsilmaz will be importing under their own name (kinda) as SAR Arms they have a website
but its mostly a catalog http://sararms.com/ at this time.
Sarsilmaz has their own website http://www.sarsilmaz.com/en/ you might
try contacting them directly with any questions.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 11:51:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Yep, it's what you seek. Easily a $700 gun had I not known better...Here's my pick!
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa103/chilic82/Mobile%20Uploads/20160916_163742_1.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa103/chilic82/Mobile%20Uploads/20160916_163742_1.jpg
Best place to buy one?
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:05:43 AM EDT
[#46]
CDNN Sports has them for $369.89 + $19.74 shipping
https://www.cdnnsports.com/eaa-sar-k2-45acp.html
Lanbo's Armory had the best price I could find for factory (mec-gar) magazines for $25.85
https://lanbosarmory.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=11884
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:52:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:59:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's a good question.

I'd pick the SAR K2 over a bunch of other pistols in the $500-600 range.  It's a great gun with the only drawbacks being the limited availability of holsters and aftermarket accessories. 
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:23:00 AM EDT
[#49]
I picked up a PPQ45 about 6 months ago for under $600, great gun, never a problem. Carries good. (several good options, but if carrying really look at weight, bulk, and holster options, there are not near the options for the PPQ45 as say a Glock, S&W, etc)
Have a para double stack for 4 years, it shoots great, very accurate, feeds reliably but i can't say i'd choose a Para now that Remington owns them. Plus it's a beast to try to carry, unless you can't get them down with 14+1 it'd make a hell of club.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:42:08 PM EDT
[#50]
how about the XDM 5.25 competition? 13 round mags, match grade barrel.
I have the 3.8C version (in .45) and absolutely love it
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top