Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2017 5:58:52 PM EDT
And I chose the P07.

Price wasn't an factor. You can get a new P2000 for $549 and I got the P07 for $499. To me you cannot factor in price at that difference.

Holding the P2000, it is thin. Close to single stack thin...but not quite. The size for me is perfect, simply perfect. I'm used to DA/SA so the LEM trigger system for me wasn't an option. The 13rd magazine is kinda sad, should be a 15rd. The slide is pretty big and the bore sits pretty high so I feel it probably is rather snappy. Now...to the deal breaker. Horrible seems like a fitting word to describe the trigger. The longest double action I've felt and it had to have been 13lbs. Racking the slide and feeling the reset makes you shake your head. Half way out you hear a click but don't feel it. Funny thing is before today I was so set on the P2000 that I actually have a HK match hammer spring on the way. But that won't fix the reset or length of pull, just the weight of the trigger.

Not far from it there was a P07. I asked to see it and it immediately felt more pointable and felt like it sit much lower in my hand. I pulled the trigger and literally laughed out loud after handling the HK. I racked the slide and felt the reset. Very short a tactile compared to the P2000. I told them to box it up and let me check out.

Hope this helps anyone in the future.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 7:19:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
And I chose the P07.

Price wasn't an factor. You can get a new P2000 for $549 and I got the P07 for $499. To me you cannot factor in price at that difference.

Holding the P2000, it is thin. Close to single stack thin...but not quite. The size for me is perfect, simply perfect. I'm used to DA/SA so the LEM trigger system for me wasn't an option. The 13rd magazine is kinda sad, should be a 15rd. The slide is pretty big and the bore sits pretty high so I feel it probably is rather snappy. Now...to the deal breaker. Horrible seems like a fitting word to describe the trigger. The longest double action I've felt and it had to have been 13lbs. Racking the slide and feeling the reset makes you shake your head. Half way out you hear a click but don't feel it. Funny thing is before today I was so set on the P2000 that I actually have a HK match hammer spring on the way. But that won't fix the reset or length of pull, just the weight of the trigger.

Not far from it there was a P07. I asked to see it and it immediately felt more pointable and felt like it sit much lower in my hand. I pulled the trigger and literally laughed out loud after handling the HK. I racked the slide and felt the reset. Very short a tactile compared to the P2000. I told them to box it up and let me check out.

View Quote

You'll be hard pressed to find someone that will sing the praises of a HK true double action trigger.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 8:52:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I love my P2000, but I'll say, I've held a P-07 and they feel great in hand.  I don't put a ton of weight on trigger feel of a defensive gun.  I'm sure the CZ is a bit lighter.  I like the DA/SA p2k though just fine.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 10:27:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the trigger more on the P-07 both are good handguns though.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 10:31:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like the trigger more on the P-07 both are good handguns though.
View Quote

Yes they are, for sure.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 11:05:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the P2000 in LEM. I'm one of those that really like LEM. Most people that shoot my P2000 fall in love with it when they pick it up, but then they hate it after one mag. Those that are into shooting like and appreciate the idea of the LEM when I explain it to them. I get it though, it's just not for everyone. I'm planning to have the Swiss LEM trigger installed which shortens the pre travel. I can't remember if it shortens reset. I'll also add a V1 light LEM spring to it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:45:11 AM EDT
[#6]
My next gun will be a P07.  But I have a 40S&W P2000 that I have a video somewhere of me consistently hitting gallon jugs at 40 yards with it.  I had replace the trs, hammer spring, firing pin safety spring in the gun to improve the trigger pull.  It was better but not like a Sig or anything.  Still, the thing is accurate.  Both are excellent guns.  The P2000 might be a tad smaller in the dimensions.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:45:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Not here to sing the praises of the LEM trigger but have pulled it several hundred times live and dry over the past couple of weeks, it's grown on me. Did shy away from the DA/SA due to neg feedback. For reference I also shoot CZ DA/SA in a 75 compact, Glock, and Sig 229 DA/SA. Actually I like them all so I guess I'm not much help
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:24:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have the P2000 in LEM. I'm one of those that really like LEM. Most people that shoot my P2000 fall in love with it when they pick it up, but then they hate it after one mag. Those that are into shooting like and appreciate the idea of the LEM when I explain it to them. I get it though, it's just not for everyone. I'm planning to have the Swiss LEM trigger installed which shortens the pre travel. I can't remember if it shortens reset. I'll also add a V1 light LEM spring to it.
View Quote

Swiss 4.1 shortens pre-travel only.  Reset stays the same.  My daily carry is a P2000 with the 4.1 hammer and catch.  I prefer the medium trigger return spring, i.e. the TGS.   4.5lb take up, 6.5lb break.  Never really feel the bump.  Reset doesn't bother me as I can admit out loud that I'm not fast enough to outrun the pistol.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 4:16:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Swiss 4.1 shortens pre-travel only.  Reset stays the same.  My daily carry is a P2000 with the 4.1 hammer and catch.  I prefer the medium trigger return spring, i.e. the TGS.   4.5lb take up, 6.5lb break.  Never really feel the bump.  Reset doesn't bother me as I can admit out loud that I'm not fast enough to outrun the pistol.
View Quote

Thanks; with all of the different variants, I lose track of what Mod does exactly what.

The 4.1 is good enough for me. I don't think the reset is all that bad to begin with. I had a P30 V1 LEM, and was very impressed with the trigger pull. So 4.1 on a P200 won't be a problem.

If you don't mind me asking, did you do the install by yourself?
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:45:26 PM EDT
[#10]
My choice came down to a P-07 or the FN FNX.

Really wanted to like the FNX, but couldn't reliably use the safety without accidentally triggering the decocker.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:55:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Where did you find a HK P7 for only $500.00? That is one great deal as they are going for much more.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:07:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Where did you find a HK P7 for only $500.00? That is one great deal as they are going for much more.
View Quote

CZ P07 and not HK P7.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:12:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Sorry. When you mentioned the p2000, I assumed the other was an HK as well. I held the CZ P07 at my dealer a little while back and really liked the feel of it. Let us know how the shooting sessions goes.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 4:07:08 PM EDT
[#14]
I bought the P-07 also.  I wanted a DA pistol in the G19 size and the P-07 actually uses a G19 holster, so clearly I hit it on the size. The P-07 has the best out of the box DA trigger of any DA pistols I've handled (Sig, Beretta, FN, H&K, etc), and the SA pull is very light (but has a good bit of creep, I'll address that at some point).  Ergonomically though, the CZ just fit me and feels right in my hand, and that was what sealed the deal.  All of the polymer DA's are very good.  My P-07 is wicked accurate and extremely reliable, so throw in the ergonomics and it's a done deal for me.  

P-07 Suppressor ready, Urban gray.  HBE Leatherworks COM III holster
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 11:52:34 PM EDT
[#15]
The P2000, especially the LEM trigger is a specific tool for a specific end user.  It's NOT a pistol that is built to appeal to 'most features and best trigger for the money' crowd.  I carry one, but is an acquired taste.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 9:57:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
And I chose the P07.

View Quote

This.  Greta gun. You can find them for closer to $400 if you are patient
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:06:06 AM EDT
[#17]
When did the P2000 start going for a reasonable price?
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:33:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
When did the P2000 start going for a reasonable price?
View Quote

About two years ago.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:57:02 AM EDT
[#19]
You chose wisely.   The P07s I've owned have been phenomenally accurate, even with my blasting practice handloads.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 10:37:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Have had both, the P07 is a fantastic firearm. You made the right choice
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 2:33:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I bought the P-07 also.  I wanted a DA pistol in the G19 size and the P-07 actually uses a G19 holster, so clearly I hit it on the size. The P-07 has the best out of the box DA trigger of any DA pistols I've handled (Sig, Beretta, FN, H&K, etc), and the SA pull is very light (but has a good bit of creep, I'll address that at some point).  Ergonomically though, the CZ just fit me and feels right in my hand, and that was what sealed the deal.  All of the polymer DA's are very good.  My P-07 is wicked accurate and extremely reliable, so throw in the ergonomics and it's a done deal for me.  

P-07 Suppressor ready, Urban gray.  HBE Leatherworks COM III holster
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i132/k3030ai/IMG_1569_zpsc5df4dvh.jpg
View Quote

Did you look at the SIG SP2022?

I had both and the SIG is head and shoulders above the CZ. My CZ went down the road.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 4:27:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Did you look at the SIG SP2022?

I had both and the SIG is head and shoulders above the CZ. My CZ went down the road.
View Quote
I found the exact opposite to be true.  Couldn't sell my 2022 fast enough.  Big mistake.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 7:00:47 PM EDT
[#23]
I understand these pistols are pretty solid and CZ has pretty good DA/SA triggers out of the box, but damn they're just crude lookin'.

I checked out a P07 yesterday next to a H&K P30 and Sig MK25 and the P07 is just a crudely built built gun compared the other other two.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 9:13:40 PM EDT
[#24]
For the price point I think a P-01 is a better comparison than the P-07.

Also a better pistol.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 1:46:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
For the price point I think a P-01 is a better comparison than the P-07.

Also a better pistol.
View Quote

Already have a P-01
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 2:11:35 PM EDT
[#26]
I Love my P-07

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 12:39:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I understand these pistols are pretty solid and CZ has pretty good DA/SA triggers out of the box, but damn they're just crude lookin'.

I checked out a P07 yesterday next to a H&K P30 and Sig MK25 and the P07 is just a crudely built built gun compared the other other two.
View Quote

Yep, my thoughts exactly.  I remember when CZ-75s were $350.  A P07 should be at most $399 in today's market.

The P07 may have the better trigger, but its long term reliability is not in the same class as a P2000.

The LEM in the HK45 series is much better with a reset that is way better than the LEM implementation elsewhere in the H&K lineup.  If you could put the HK45 LEM trigger in the 9mm series, I would only own LEM H&Ks.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 1:51:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

but its long term reliability is not in the same class as a P2000.
View Quote

What makes you say that?
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 2:26:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:... but its long term reliability is not in the same class as a P2000....
View Quote

HK kool-aide
LOL

my DILLON XL650 keeps my P-07 well fed

it's been 100% reliable for thousands of rounds

....more than most will shoot in a lifetime

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/17/2017 5:19:01 PM EDT
[#30]
no doubt a P07 is more than reliable enough for many shooters, we are asking which gun is better.  P30 to which a P2000 is closely related:

http://pistol-training.com/archives/2668

USP45, USP is the ancestor of both the P2000 and P30
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/160710-chat-hk-armorer-must-read.html

Hey, not all handguns have to infinite service lives for most shooters.  I really like my VP9, but I can tell its not built to the same standard as the USP series and derivatives.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 5:50:36 PM EDT
[#31]
you still didn't answer meatbags question
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:49:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:... but its long term reliability is not in the same class as a P2000....

L.O.L.

@Derek45 Just an FYI, I hate you.  That range is
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 11:34:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And I chose the P07.

I searched high and low and barely was about to find a p07 at $465 shipped. P07's seems to be a little hard to find right now.

I'll admit it feels like a really high quality piece of kit but the trigger spring issue has me concerned. TRS problem aside it is a lot of gun for the money.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 9:14:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I searched high and low and barely was about to find a p07 at $465 shipped. P07's seems to be a little hard to find right now.

I'll admit it feels like a really high quality piece of kit but the trigger spring issue has me concerned. TRS problem aside it is a lot of gun for the money.
View Quote

Why? CGW I replaced mine first thing and took maybe 20 minutes.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:48:47 PM EDT
[#35]
I just got a P07 yesterday for $474, It may replace my G19.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top