Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 8:28:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I will be going up back to my shooting range today for some clean up and I will be taking the 320 carry L/E gun and my new full size with me . I will post what happens .
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 10:00:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I will be going up back to my shooting range today for some clean up and I will be taking the 320 carry L/E gun and my new full size with me . I will post what happens .
View Quote

Please do so.
In the meantime, I'll be in my office counting ammo & fondling my pistols cause it's a raining ass day here .
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 3:24:12 PM EDT
[#3]
>>You must believe in all sorts of fairy tales then if you believe the bore axis bullshit.<<

Hey, without bore axis, triggers, and gun lube what would we have left to talk about!
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 3:39:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I would say that the grip of the shooter, and grip angle of the pistol, and caliber, have far more to do with after shot recovery than bore axis does.  Shooting is a symbiotic system that contains the shooter and the handgun.  One cannot be evaluated without the other.

Besides, without the bore axis meme, the Glock guys have one less talking point to defend against the onslaught of more modern, better designs.

Not that Glocks are bad, far from it, but they are hardly the best answer anymore, and their refusal to update will one day be their undoing.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 4:40:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not gonna lie--I've been looking to ditch my M&P 9mm w/Apex DCAK for a while.  I had decided it was time to get a Glock 19.  However, with the announcement, I decided to look at the P320.  I'm a medic, so I'll be issued a M17 at some point.  I never get enough trigger time on my M9 because it's mainly officers and medics on the M9 range, and everyone wants to just be in, out, and done with the range.  I had been considering buying an M9A3 at the end of this TDY, but I'm sold on the P320.  The fact that I can train with it and EDC makes it a big 'W' for me.  I really like the interchangeable grips too, that way I can run it in my preferred FDE config on a daily basis but swap out for the black frame for formal occasion. Haha

Plus, to get a G19 how I want it set up, I'm looking at 509 for the pistol, 150 for tall sights, and 200 for a TB.  The P320 I can get it set up from the factory for 549 with TB and tall sights, and pay another 50 for the FDE frame, and be done.  So it make financial sense too.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 9:08:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I dont think you will see the Army model for a long time , and with some L/E going with the 320 they may get hard to get in some places .
View Quote

This is the kind of thing I'm expecting to see a lot of now:

Sig Sauer LE/Military American Hero US Flag - 320 Compact

Personally, I think Sig is going to capitalize on their contract win by producing these types of military-esque models for the civilian market.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:19:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This is the kind of thing I'm expecting to see a lot of now:

Sig Sauer LE/Military American Hero US Flag - 320 Compact

Personally, I think Sig is going to capitalize on their contract win by producing these types of military-esque models for the civilian market.
View Quote

Damn straight.. their Navy/MK-25 and M11A1 models sell pretty damn well.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:52:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Not that Glocks are bad, far from it, but they are hardly the best answer anymore, and their refusal to update will one day be their undoing.
View Quote

I fixed it for you:

Not that Glocks are bad, far from it, but they are hardly the best answer anymore, and their refusal to update (while seemingly making their new guns less reliable) will one day be their undoing.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 7:10:48 AM EDT
[#9]
I took a gun shop road tour on Sat just looking here and there picked up some Hor Critical Duty 135 flexlock and some Lucas gun oilin a little blue tube . I did not see many 320 around one place had a nice full size with night sights for 569 in 9mm that was about it . Also a nice Winchester lever action 22 for 299 mint no box maybe a about a 1977 gun.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:59:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I fixed it for you:

Not that Glocks are bad, far from it, but they are hardly the best answer anymore, and their refusal to update (while seemingly making their new guns less reliable) will one day be their undoing.
View Quote

You will get no argument from me on that edit.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:05:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My "plastic" guns include: 5 glocks, 3 hk, 1 sig, 1 sw and one 1 Walther.
The 320 just didn't do anything for me and I like sigs a lot.
I held it for 10 seconds and gave it back to the salesman. It just didn't do anything for me.
I am sure it is reliable and shoots well but I won't be buying one.
Btw- my two favorite guns right now are my sig mk 25 and my hk usp. 9C.
View Quote

Two of the finest handguns made.
In time, I hope to own both, again.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:56:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I keep wanting one more and more... If they release the X-carry module or Magpul puts out one, I will be forced to
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 2:42:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

How did it feel cheap? The frame feels to me like zytel polymer, which is what Colt uses in the M4.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like sits a lot,. I have 4 of them right now.
The 320 didn't impress me at all, felt cheap in my opinion. I have not shot one you though.

How did it feel cheap? The frame feels to me like zytel polymer, which is what Colt uses in the M4.
It isn't an exact comparison but the stock on my Sig 522 feels cheap but works for a .22LR. The same shitty fragile stock was used by Sig on the 556 series. The stock is known to break. Yet they used it on a duty level 5.5u rifle.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:26:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

lol, ok buddy.
View Quote

That's what I was thinking. That whole physics thing is overrated. Lol.

It's very apparent in a revolver but can be overcome if one decides they really like the pistol. A firearm that you have on you all day, every day is a very personal choice.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:36:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I had been looking at the M&P, but now I am considering the P320 instead.

I probably wouldn't have researched it if it hadn't been for the army decision.

I still like my .38 Super Gov't model clone, but maybe it is time for a polymer 9 carry pistol.
View Quote

Why make your decision based on the lowest bidder?  I looked at the 320 and it's a gussied up p250.
It's blocky and not very comfortable to hold.
Many, many better options for the same price.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:46:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Why make your decision based on the lowest bidder?  I looked at the 320 and it's a gussied up p250.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I had been looking at the M&P, but now I am considering the P320 instead.

I probably wouldn't have researched it if it hadn't been for the army decision.

I still like my .38 Super Gov't model clone, but maybe it is time for a polymer 9 carry pistol.

One for one I prefer my M&P 2.0 to the P320. I prefer the grip of the 2.0.
But I like a lot about the P320 as well. I say own them both at some point. Noone ever said you had to pick a side.
Cp
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:01:08 AM EDT
[#17]
It was nice and sunny all weekend here in PA got to give my truck a good hand job wash up . I also took my full size 320 in 9 upto the range and ran 100 rounds of Turk 123 nato and some Fed Alum stuff and no problems . also took my L/E W320 comp in 9 also no problems with either gun .
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:20:08 AM EDT
[#18]
My biggest debate is full size vs compact. I guess with the grip modules I can get both lol. 

Handled one this weekend, really liked the way it felt. Trigger was nice, I ride the reset and that was a comfortable experience  
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:07:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
My biggest debate is full size vs compact. I guess with the grip modules I can get both lol. 

Handled one this weekend, really liked the way it felt. Trigger was nice, I ride the reset and that was a comfortable experience  
View Quote

If you are wanting a threaded barrel right now, get the compact. Otherwise, start with fullsize and buy a compact frame.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 8:28:52 PM EDT
[#20]
I went shooting again today and cleaned up the range , I think my W-320-C-9- PRE  shoots a little better than the late build date full size 320 in 9 that I just got .
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:17:23 AM EDT
[#21]
I want to try one...but not with Sig's current issues.... The concept is there, but I wish someone else made the firearm.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 6:12:30 PM EDT
[#22]
I've been eyeing these unicorns for a while now. TBH quite a bit harder since the service contract announcement since I tend to be attracted towards trends. But today I managed to pick one up, for what I feel was a decent deal in today's market.

Dec 16 production. Compact 9mm with sig lite night sights and three mags. Looks to have about 3 mags through it at most. All for $500 OTD at the LGS I've fingered so many beautiful bitches at and never forked over any money. So I was not only ecstatic to get the gun I wanted but also got the feel goods of buying local.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:44:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Scored this yesterday at the PX.
Compact FDE with Night Sights. They had it for $560 - 10% on sale, -10% Star card promotion!
I never get deals like this! Chalk one up for the Good Guys!

cp
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:18:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Fun fact!

So I picked up this "Carry" frame from Brownell's in anticipation of getting either a Full size or compact and wanted an extra frame before they get to scarce ...... This one came today in the mail and it has 2 things I didint expect. MAybe its normal, dont know. #1 it has quite a bit more of an aggressive grip and #2 it has the mold lines for the cut out for the manual safety??? Is this normal? Thought it was interesting.

cp
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:51:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Fun fact!

So I picked up this "Carry" frame from Brownell's in anticipation of getting either a Full size or compact and wanted an extra frame before they get to scarce ...... This one came today in the mail and it has 2 things I didint expect. MAybe its normal, dont know. #1 it has quite a bit more of an aggressive grip and #2 it has the mold lines for the cut out for the manual safety??? Is this normal? Thought it was interesting.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/eaglecp/20170223_190737_zpsujbzyqdn.jpg
cp
View Quote

its the new mold cutout for the new slide stop lever, it should have come with the new lever included.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:53:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

its the new mold cutout for the new slide stop lever, it should have come with the new lever included.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

He is talking about the little outline behind the slide stop lever cut out I believe.

Attachment Attached File

I have seen pictures like that or with actual slide stop lever in that spot, but none of my grip modules have that outline.

Quoted:

This one came today in the mail and it has 2 things I didint expect.  MAybe its normal, dont know. #1 it has quite a bit more of an aggressive grip

I have five grip modules.  One is stippled but others seem to vary in aggressiveness.  Two are old style.  Newer two do seem a little more aggressive maybe, but not consistently so.  One is more aggressive on the sides, the other more aggressive on the front and back straps.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:08:43 AM EDT
[#27]
I was under the impression that that area is where the cut out would be for the manual safety required for the XM17.
My New Compact pictured above appears to have the newer style frame with the fenced Slide stop area.

On the grip. The black frame is definitely more aggressive than the FDE pictured above but still not aggressive enough for my liking. I like M&P 2.0 Aggressive grips....

cp
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:40:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I was under the impression that that area is where the cut out would be for the manual safety required for the XM17.
My New Compact pictured above appears to have the newer style frame with the fenced Slide stop area.

On the grip. The black frame is definitely more aggressive than the FDE pictured above but still not aggressive enough for my liking. I like M&P 2.0 Aggressive grips....

cp
View Quote

Per Sig website, thumb safety available as an option now.  I have not seen one yet but have heard of people buying them.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:37:17 PM EDT
[#29]
My NIB never fired P320 45 Carry gets a trip back to SIG.  

I paid for SIG Sites, I expect SIG Sites damn-it.  

I tried to ask for the X-Ray sights as a "up-grade" for my pain and suffering.  At least the C/S rep laughed when he said no.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:42:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
My NIB never fired P320 45 Carry gets a trip back to SIG.  

I paid for SIG Sites, I expect SIG Sites damn-it.  

I tried to ask for the X-Ray sights as a "up-grade" for my pain and suffering.  At least the C/S rep laughed when he said no.  
View Quote

Did you ask if you could pay the difference? It would probably be worth it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:40:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Per Sig website, thumb safety available as an option now.  I have not seen one yet but have heard of people buying them.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/328446/2v0ho21-152985.JPG
View Quote

A girl came into my range with one. I liked the feel of it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 3:02:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Did you ask if you could pay the difference? It would probably be worth it.
View Quote

Maybe SIG will hook me up, maybe not.  I'm going to send a note in with the slide and ask.  The front sight tritium is dark but the backs are okay and the C/S rep just wanted to make the gun to spec.  At least they are paying for the shipping and I'm not in a hurry to shoot the gun.  Already have a .45 Compact and almost all outdoor ranges here in my part of California are underwater at the moment.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 3:42:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Maybe SIG will hook me up, maybe not.  I'm going to send a note in with the slide and ask.  The front sight tritium is dark but the backs are okay and the C/S rep just wanted to make the gun to spec.  At least they are paying for the shipping and I'm not in a hurry to shoot the gun.  Already have a .45 Compact and almost all outdoor ranges here in my part of California are underwater at the moment.
View Quote

If I had to do it again, i would only buy contrast models and install xrays
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 5:50:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Anyone heard anything about SIG selling the X-series grip module? I really like the frame; but I don't want to spend hundreds extra for the machining on the slide that I don't care about
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 8:02:30 PM EDT
[#35]
I went in to a gun shop Thur . and they had a used Kydex belt holster with belt loops , was in a tactical gray I got it for 25 even . looks new but was in the junk box I think a gun got traded and the guy left it go with the deal .
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 7:21:35 AM EDT
[#36]
I went to a show on Sat at York PA I didn't see alot of 320s and a few tables had Sig mags I picked up 2 full size and a guy beside bought 3 and went with them . I also picked up some German Men stamped 9mm ,it was a good show .
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 8:21:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I went to a show on Sat at York PA I didn't see alot of 320s and a few tables had Sig mags I picked up 2 full size and a guy beside bought 3 and went with them . I also picked up some German Men stamped 9mm ,it was a good show .
View Quote
if you would have come south a few miles to Glen Rock, Freedom Armory, we have a few in the case and always have them.  We are a Sig direct dealer.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 8:53:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I want to try one...but not with Sig's current issues.... The concept is there, but I wish someone else made the firearm.
View Quote

Amazing how accurate this is, and yet sig will still sell every embarrassingly stupid American hero model they can spray paint up.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:54:24 PM EDT
[#39]
I don't buy Kimber, er new Sigs.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 6:42:55 PM EDT
[#40]
If you want one, better hurry.  Homeland Security Investigations selected the 320C as their primary handgun.  Another rigorous and stringent government testing competition won by the 320.

The US Army and HSI testing now stand behind this gun. Must be something there to see.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 7:01:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I don't buy Kimber.
View Quote

Fixed it for you
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 7:58:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Fixed it for you
View Quote

And who ruined Kimber?
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 8:11:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

And who ruined Kimber?
View Quote

New York
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:48:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

New York
View Quote

boom
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:09:06 AM EDT
[#45]
I have been to Freedom Arm a few times its a little more South for me but I do call them for stuff .I use to see them at the shows . Some shops I talked to say they can not get them right now .
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 12:00:45 AM EDT
[#46]
I am thinking about getting one, i have to shoot it first.

They have a mil/LEO discount and the P320 compact is only $495 at Quantico tactical
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 8:26:22 AM EDT
[#47]
If I am not mistaken brother I think the LEO/mil pricing from QT is $429 + shipping $15.
My ffl doesn't charge Leo or mil to transfer which is nice.
I do know QT is currently back ordered on the FS and Carry models. I have a FS on BO with them.
I shot my FDE Compact yesterday and it is a pleasant gun to shoot. I had the opportunity to shoot before I bought because I have a couple brothers who have already purchased them.
I was surprised. Very easy and comfortable to shoot. Very very accurate with potential to be even more so with some trigger work. It's good out of the box but I prefer it to be closer to 4lbs and it's about 6 by my gauge.
Chuck
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 12:08:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'm not gonna lie--I've been looking to ditch my M&P 9mm w/Apex DCAK for a while.  I had decided it was time to get a Glock 19.  However, with the announcement, I decided to look at the P320.  I'm a medic, so I'll be issued a M17 at some point.  I never get enough trigger time on my M9 because it's mainly officers and medics on the M9 range, and everyone wants to just be in, out, and done with the range.  I had been considering buying an M9A3 at the end of this TDY, but I'm sold on the P320.  The fact that I can train with it and EDC makes it a big 'W' for me.  I really like the interchangeable grips too, that way I can run it in my preferred FDE config on a daily basis but swap out for the black frame for formal occasion. Haha

Plus, to get a G19 how I want it set up, I'm looking at 509 for the pistol, 150 for tall sights, and 200 for a TB.  The P320 I can get it set up from the factory for 549 with TB and tall sights, and pay another 50 for the FDE frame, and be done.  So it make financial sense too.
View Quote

Glock makes an OEM threaded barrel model with Ameriglo suppressor sights...paid 550 for mine
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 12:56:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Glock makes an OEM threaded barrel model with Ameriglo suppressor sights...paid 550 for mine
View Quote

It hasnt been available for over a year.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 11:04:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top