BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 11:29:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw a guy buying one yesterday. I Lol'd

He must have caught Jeff's extremely detailed and honest review on Gunblast.com;

The Remington RP9 is one of the better full-sized striker-fired pistols on the market today. It has all of the features that shooters demand, is easy to shoot, and easy to shoot well. The RP9 is reliable, accurate, priced right, and made in the USA.
View Quote

The real kicker is remember when Mac said the ambi slide release doesn't work? Check the vid at 1:59, he has the same problem where it won't work and instead of saying anything he just drops the mag and slings the slide home like everything is dandy.

Shooting the Remington RP9 Striker-Fired Polymer Semi-Automatic Pistol - Gunblast.com

Nothing new from the Hillbilly Gun Showcase Channel, every gun's a winner!!!
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:04:20 PM EDT
[#2]
MAC, do you plan on putting the RP9 through the gauntlet? Or are the results too predictable to even bother?
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:19:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
MAC, do you plan on putting the RP9 through the gauntlet? Or are the results too predictable to even bother?
View Quote

I hope not.
Making videos takes up valuable time that could be spent on torturing guns actually worth buying.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:55:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I saw a guy buying one yesterday. I Lol'd

He must have caught Jeff's extremely detailed and honest review on Gunblast.com;

The real kicker is remember when Mac said the ambi slide release doesn't work? Check the vid at 1:59, he has the same problem where it won't work and instead of saying anything he just drops the mag and slings the slide home like everything is dandy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVxKiCX3F7o

Nothing new from the Hillbilly Gun Showcase Channel, every gun's a winner!!!
View Quote

Paddle faster! I think I hear banjo playing
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:01:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Down to $348 shipped @ Buds.  CDNN has em now too.  $299 will be here shortly...RIP RP9
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 7:12:15 PM EDT
[#6]
LOL that's funny.
I would keep my P95 over a new RP9.  LOL
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 7:19:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Well, I hope it is better than it seems.
The RM380 is my favorite of the pocket 380s, having tried almost all of them (and most of the "real" pocket 9s).
Maybe they should just focus on a trigger replacement to shorten and lighten the RM380s 11.5# trigger (Galloway kit is good for lightening pull, but won't set off about 2-3% of my S&B on the first hit--always goes off on the second except for the TWO times it took 3 trigger pulls.  Has been 100% with high quality fmj and all personal defense Ammo.
View Quote
I really love the RM380 as well...but agree about shortening the trigger as well as lighten it up a big.  

Remington is missing an opportunity as the RM380 is really sized to take 9mm (RM9?).  Even the RM380 magazines have a spacer in them...

ROCK6
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 7:47:57 AM EDT
[#8]
If you remove the Remington R and replaced it with HK people around here would be fucking swooning over it.

There's nothing wrong with the pistol.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 8:28:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If you remove the Remington R and replaced it with HK people around here would be fucking swooning over it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

LOL, no. It's a turd of massive proportions (pun intended).
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 10:45:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Down to $249.99 after MIR @ CDNN

RP9 Sale
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 11:06:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Down to $249.99 after MIR @ CDNN

RP9 Sale
View Quote
   I was just coming here to post that link.   Do these things work at all or are they the equivalent of a love child between a Bryco and a Jennings?

For that price I'm tempted to buy one to keep in the tractor toolbox.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 11:43:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Meanwhile at Remington HQ:  "The RP9 isn't selling at all!  We need to come up with a Costa edition immediately!"

For $249 I would pick one up.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 12:05:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Wait a few months.  When they see they are not a player, CDNN will have em for $349 or less.
View Quote
$249.99 in my email today
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 2:42:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I was just coming here to post that link.   Do these things work at all or are they the equivalent of a love child between a Bryco and a Jennings?

For that price I'm tempted to buy one to keep in the tractor toolbox.
View Quote
If you want to support the Freedom Group, go for it.  But, there are an awful lot of videos on Youtube that demonstrate what a POS that gun is.  For $249, it is probably worth finding a Canik TP9 for a few $$$ more honestly.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 2:47:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If you want to support the Freedom Group, go for it.  But, there are an awful lot of videos on Youtube that demonstrate what a POS that gun is.  For $249, it is probably worth finding a Canik TP9 for a few $$ more honestly.
View Quote
  I just finished going back and reading completely through the thread and watching the videos.

I agree with you, The Remington doesn't seem to be worth 249 bucks.  Sad to see what Remington has become.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 7:37:58 PM EDT
[#16]
That SAR CM9 gen2 on sale for $249 at Classic is a better deal IMHO
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 6:08:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top